Where to get 1 month tourist visa extension in Bangkok?

I went to the local immigration office in Big C near Lad Prao 87 and was told this was not the correct office. Due to the language barrier there was not a very precise direction of where to go next.

What is the correct office in Bangkok? I have googled and search the forums with no luck.

Thanks for the help!

At The Govenment Complex Commemorating His Majesty The King Chaengwattana
Tel : 0-2141-9889 , Fax : 0-2143-8228
Office hour: Mon-Fri 8:30 - 12.00 and 13.00 - 16:30
Closed on OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS
The Govenment Complex Commemorating His Majesty , B Building , Floor 2 (South Zone)
Chaengwattana Road (Soi 7) , Laksi , Bangkok 10210

map1.jpg

'Hope it's OK to tack on a question here relating to requesting the extensions on Tourist Visas as well as re-entry permits.

Let's assume I'm talking about a single-entry TV here:

My understanding of the validity date (the "Must Enter By" date shown on the visa) is that it applies to the initial entry on that visa only, and NOT to obtaining or using the 30-day extension, and NOT to obtaining and using any re-entry permits. Is that correct?

1) Can I obtain a 30-day extension that will start & run AFTER the Must-Enter-By date?

2) Can I obtain a re-entry permit after the Must-Enter-By date, and can I return to Thailand using such re-entry permit using the original tourist visa and that re-entry permit AFTER the Must-Enter-By date has passed?

Of course I realize the re-entry permit must be used DURING the original 60-day visa window, or during the 90 day window if the 30day extension has been obtained. But that's NOT my question. My concern is with the Validity Date shown on the visa and whether or not it has any impact on getting or using 30-day extensions OR re-entry permits provided the initial use of the visa WAS prior to the Must-Enter-By date.

Does the Must-Enter-By date in fact have ANY meaning or significance once you've entered Thailand on the visa prior to it?

Edited by hawker9000