Gluten free beers?

sup3r1or

San Miguel Light has 50% less carbohydrates(gluten).

That's the one I'm drinking and it works well for me.

I stopped eating bread, regular beer and sugar. Lost 10kg within a few months.

Dry red wine is also OK to drink for those who want to cut down on Carbs.

Carbohydrates are sugars and starches, gluten is a protein, get real, this guy is obviously allergic to gluten, which has nothing to do with loosing weight!

You are right about gluten being protein and having nothing to do with weight. But, keep in mind the OP said nothing of having celiac disease and could be one of the millions of sheep (Nilz included) who generate billions of dollars for manufacurers of gluten free products with absolutley no reason. Genuine celiacs are rejoicing with all the new products available but think the fad is hysterical. Suckers born every minute. If the OP is however a victim of this impairment he should switch to gin. Bottoms up!

I have a friend of mine in Ubon who was diagnosed as a celiac about 6 years ago. He refrained from drinking beer since then. He has just discovered that drinking 3 or 4 longnecks each day of either Leo, Singha, Chang Classic, San Miquel or Ashasi doesn't irritate his condition. He believes this is due to them being rice based beers.

Sorry... If i recommended one to you...I'd be thrown in jail for six months. blink.png

Only if the web site server is located in Thailand, no work permit needed if you or the server is out of country. To be on the safe side use a fake nom de plur.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sorry... If i recommended one to you...I'd be thrown in jail for six months. alt=blink.png>

Only if the web site server is located in Thailand, no work permit needed if you or the server is out of country. To be on the safe side use a fake nom de plur.

Err..It was a "joke" ... now pull ya head in. There's a good lad. w00t.gif

I have a friend of mine in Ubon who was diagnosed as a celiac about 6 years ago. He refrained from drinking beer since then. He has just discovered that drinking 3 or 4 longnecks each day of either Leo, Singha, Chang Classic, San Miquel or Ashasi doesn't irritate his condition. He believes this is due to them being rice based beers.

Singha and Chang websites state that their beer is made of 100% barley, but even if they are rice based they have barley in it. Celiac disease is not a food allergy or food intolerance, it is an autoimmune disease. If diagnosed celiac, your friend is taking a big risk drinking beer regularly, he should not be drinking beer at all unless the beer is gluten-free.

Many celiacs have no immediate effects (e.g. cramps, diarrhea) when eating wheat, barley or rye – I am one those so it took me 10 years to figure out what the heck is wrong with my stomach, why I am losing hair, are tired all the time. The problem is that even a tiniest bit of gluten can start inflammation in the small intestine and it takes 3-6 months for the intestines to recover, even if you get back in strict gluten-free diet. Constant inflammation causes cell damage, which in turn can lead for example to osteoporosis or worst-case scenario, cancer. Celiac disease is often hereditary. My mother and two of his brothers died of stomach cancer, now I realize that they probably had celiac disease and went without diagnosing because they had no clear symptoms. I am grateful that I got diagnosed, I stay in strict gluten-free diet and hopefully can avoid my mother and uncle’s fate.

• Like 2

Thank you very much for reply.

I ate wheat for 20 odd years without knowing anything. All tests came back negative. My daughter was born with wheat intolerance that took months to diagnose. Anyway last 6 months after a good drink my so called IBS changed almost over night. I would get bloated beyond belief, worst of all was rice for some reason. Awful cramps and bloating I couldn't sleep. Recently I started having gallbladder inflammation and got it removed, suprisingly pain came back a week after surgery, not as intense but okay. I have been in this state for so long that I cant even tell already what feels normal. But yes I do feel drained and tired all the time.

Right before I had my gallbladder removed, I have done celiac profile test at BNH. Doctor said result was 35 of the scare, which he said its mild because he sees people with around 200 who have a full blown celiac disease.

God knows maybe beers for some many years have caused all this, I better stay away from it all. Its hard to stay away from wheat cuz I crave pizza, cakes etc.

P.S Im suppose to do endoscopy soon to confirm this and what if any damage has been done in small intestine.

Edited by sup3r1or