Keep getting MEA electric bills twice a month?

razorramone

Is this normal?

For the last few months I've got bills charging me from the 6th-18th, and then from the 19th to the 5th,

One bill comes in the regular folded envelope, the other is a narrow printed receipt. I used to just get one a month?

Also the payment period seems to vary each month? I got a bill for the 6th-18th of August, which i didnt see, and today I've already been given a 'disconnect warning'!

In Bkk this is not normal, where are you?

I get a bill once a month that lists this months usage and the previous six months usage.

Sounds to me as if you cant/dont read Thai, the narrow receipt is this months bill, the envelope is a (bai set ) receipt for paying last months bill.

Disconnect warning?

Where are you paying your bills, I usually pay at 7 or Tesco/Lotus never had a problem

Makes sense - I've seen similarly formatted letters that were reminders - but look at the billing dates! It's for the period 6th-18th of this very month, it cant be overdue already.

Does not look like my electric bills at all. Mine have more details - including the number of units (kWh?) used, not just a one-line Baht value.

You are confused by the dates.

6-Aug is when the meter was read and the (original) bill issued - your cycle is probably 6th to 6th.

18-Aug is the due date

It seems that you did not pay by 18/8, so this letter is asking you to pay by 28-Aug, or else .....

Therefore this letter is not the monthly bill, but a disconnection warning letter.

Samsenai, although I pay at the MEA office in chitlom just because I work in the area.

This is the bill I see. I assume its a bill because there's a due date and the 40baht penalty mentioned at the bottom:

(photo of bill) - http://i57.tinypic.com/aertqv.jpg

Ive had this one before whilst out of country for an extended period. Its a final payment notice. When I returned I simply took everything to the MEA and asked to pay whatever was outstanding.. Which they replied 0THB.. I suspect my landlord paid and never followed up as there was 4 mths of bills (small as I was not here) that seemingly vanished.

If you show them two bills for the one month Im sure they can sort out the issue or explain anything misunderstood.

• 2 weeks later...

What I find interesting about electric bills is that MEA tells me I can pay an overdue bill at 7/11 but the 7/11 does not accept it. Either they do not know they can or don't want to do it, for whatever reason. Perhaps they cannot add the 40 baht surcharge for late fee to it, although I once showed them the warning letter with the 40 baht added... they still wont take it.