Storm warning for Bangkok

webfact

According to alternative weather forecast usual evening thunderstorms are expected. Nothing different from the last 3 weeks. With such success they could warn us everyday. More rainfall than usual is expected at the beginning of September.

What I don't understand about Thailand is why the weather section of the news does not have a weather radar picture to show where the rain is and where it is going. Must be too sophisticated for the locals to handle.

• Like 1

According to alternative weather forecast usual evening thunderstorms are expected. Nothing different from the last 3 weeks. With such success they could warn us everyday. More rainfall than usual is expected at the beginning of September.

What I don't understand about Thailand is why the weather section of the news does not have a weather radar picture to show where the rain is and where it is going. Must be too sophisticated for the locals to handle.

The Thailand Meteorological Dept provides such a website. Go to this TMD website. I find the TMD Radar Loop displays for various areas around Thailand the most informative as they show how the rain is moving & intensity. Personally, since I live in Bangkok I think the Suvamabhumi 120km radar loop provides the best info for me.

Keep in mind the time displayed on the radar pictures are in GMT so you will need to add 7 hours to the GMT to convert to Thailand time. Usually the radar images are within 15 to 30 minutes fresh.

• Like 2

Roota post # 8

So when a major weather system approaches Bangkok the met officials should just keep it to themselves? Right, got it.

You've been here long enough I presume to realise that this is the rainy season/
The locals fully understand what happens in the rainy season and in my 23 years here I to have come to a full understanding of the rainy season and its affects upon life in general.
Self praising public official's inane comments are not really needed are they, unless it's unless it's to satisfy their own ''Jobsworth'' ego's

That's exactly what it is S., Showing the world (Thailand) he's on top of the situation. coffee1.gif

We didn't really get much rain yesterday and till now dry here in my part of Bangkok (khet Dusit).

On the other hand two days ago, Thursday night was terrible (or was it Wednesday night, tjeez I should write down important things)

Maybe someone can be found to finance my employment as weather forecaster in Bangkok? I used my special skills and predict at least dry for the coming two hours thumbsup.gif

Edited by rubl