Have you ever had your life threatened in Thailand?

squarethecircle

I haven't, but a reporter from Harvard Crimson who wrote an article on a political topic I probably can't repeat on here, was threatened with death by a Thai microbiologist at UCLA: http://asiancorrespondent.com/125969/thai-academic-makes-apparent-death-threat-over-harvard-article/

“I swear that if I saw this MF on the street I’d elbow his middle meningeal artery and leave him dead from epidural hematoma.” - Peera Hemarataja

So what about you. Have you ever had your life threatened by a Thai or foreigner in Thailand, and if so, did they use such poetic language?

• Like 1

before i met my now wife i had a long term thai girlfriend who chased me with a knife and would have cut my pride and joy off if i had not got away ,and all i did was sleep with her friend.smile.png so the answer is YES .

Edited by i claudius
  • Like 1

Yeah, at my front door. But I called his bluff and told him he was just small fry with no power or influence. He was fat, drunk and stupid and I humiliated him in front if his friends. He never came back.

Good on ya, humiliation works well. I'll have to learn your tricks for the future.

Oh Yes! Previous father in law. Unable to deal with daughter having farang baby. Mounts the stairs wielding large knife to kill farang and grand daughter. . Unfortunately so drunk he had a stroke and fell over backwards down stairs. Still living. Thais say: Oooh Farang have very strong spirits...don't think they had Johnny Walker in mind

Edited by hotsoup
  • Like 2

once by a girl i met in a bar in phuket,(she wasnt working there) she said she didnt want any money , was happy to be with me ..HA.... but next day i gave her some cash,(more than the normal rate) i said she could do some shopping (i was being polite) but she said , no, not enough, want more... i told her to forget it , and asked why she said night before she didnt want money... no matter... so i walked her part way home with her ranting and shouting , that im bad man, hope i get knocked down etc etc...later getting text messages saying she get people to kill me.... so i went to the bar where she worked , talked to the boss and the girl was never seen again whistling.gif

Oh Yes! Previous father in law. Unable to deal with daughter having farang baby. Mounts the stairs wielding large knife to kill farang and grand daughter. . Unfortunately so drunk he had a stroke and fell over backwards down stairs. Still living. Thais say: Oooh Farang have very strong spirits...don't think they had Johnny Walker in mind

First time I have ever heard a Thai not welcoming a half Thai baby into the family

Once i took a longtailboat from Riley Island to Krabi, the captain overloaded the boat with a few extra persons. At sea a storm started, big waves, outboard engine broke off, waves started coming overboard, i had to scoop water out like crazy and have never been more happy to reach land again.

Another time on a high speed boat from Samui to koh tsao, captain drove full speed under and along the rocks (with 3 yamaha 250 hp engines) and seemed willing to show off his driving skills. The boat had cracks everywhere and also a hole in the side. Since then i only fly.

15 years ago i took a nightcoach to surat thani but couldn't sleep.....the driver was totally crazy and started taking over in corners and driving full speed, never again.

Be carefull out there.....I feel much safer on my motorbike in BKK, go figure.

only time I ever got threated death or someone tried said threat was in UK usually doing my job or in conection with it.I cannot imagine what you guys act like to get death threats in normal life !!!

May I ask what is your job? Bodyguard?

bodyguard / Bouncer looked after quite a few people :)

I had a Thai girl friend that went for my head with a meat clever but fortunately I blocked it with my arm. Once I started bleeding profusely all over the place she realized what she had done and took me to the hospital. It took 36 stitches inside and 28 outside to sew it up and I still have a huge scar. She had flipped out with jealousy because I had stared at a fat chick with a mini-skirt and fish-net stockings. I was not sexually aroused by this fat chick but it was more like a car accident that you just couldn't help but look at (what the fuq is she thinking).

Her jealousy destroyed our relationship and when ever she flipped out I immediately went to the knife drawer and threw them off the balcony to avoid any more bloodshed (my knife budget increase considerably during those episodes...having to replace the ones that didn't survive the fall). Needless to say our relationship didn't last long and when she bragged about finding a new & better boy-friend after I dumped her, I just breathed a sigh of relief. I just pitied the poor bastard that got stuck with her.

Edited by TimTang
  • Like 2

First time I have ever heard a Thai not welcoming a half Thai baby into the family

Not the half of it. Very dysfunctional family as I discovered. Mother 5 children, 3 fathers, husband (well not) 3 families 3 children.....I took the kid and left! Then father, apparently sober, but in a weelchair, returns with daughter, demanding money for abandoning daughter and grandchild.. Have you lived? Yet?smile.png Then..........oh well another time!!

once in bangkok hit over head with beer bottle but when i left he was in deep sleep on footpath

another time in cm a massage girl stabbed me because wouldnt go with her

you have to watch thai girls as they say have hot heart

another time gf at time always going off eventully she had to go to mental hospital dr told me most girls like that

so watch back guys

Karma?

Life threatened? Thanks god no, but many many stupid arguments about nothing. Even when I would admit that I´m wrong (actually not) they won´t let go.

Edited by I knew this would happen