Thai Text In Photoshop

chippie

You'll need to enable Thai language support in Windows as well if you want to type anything sensible, a Thai keyboard will help too.

If you can already display and type in Thai, Photoshop will alread have suitable fonts to draw upon.

For some reason these don't show the samples correctly (Photoshop CS), they are the fonts in the group that starts with Angasa (towards the bottom of the list), select any of these, switch to Thai on the language bar, and away you go :o

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, I seem to have the prerequsities described above, but no luck getting Thai text in Photoshop 7 on WinXP.

I have my system setup with Thai language support and a Thai keyboard (even bought the little stickers). Works fine in text-based programs like Notepad, MS Word, etc. For example, the fonts Angsana New and Angsana UPC appear as selectable options in both Notepad and Word so the fonts are there [ Also, I have noticed that Tahoma seems to have Thai renderings as well. Cool! ]

But the two Angsana fonts do not show up in Photoshop - even after changing the language to TH on the taskbar. Typing Thai text in a Photoshop textbox layer using Tahoma (which is usually a reliable way to go when the other Thai fonts are not avaialble) produces gibberish output.

Any ideas about what could be missing here?

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by cooper02