Pics-The Killing (Business) Fields; Mid Bang-Tao Beach 10 Days On

EBlair48

The larger rubble has been removed and dumped into a local wetland on Paklok Soi 4,but seems authorities will allow the detritus to become a hazard to beach goers for the years to come.

Sorry, I have no idea how to post larger pictures Please click on pics to view full size album, and use arrow to scroll through. It is disgusting in an extreme.

post-179390-0-48980800-1409321474_thumb.

One of three restaurants left to eat on a 4 mile beach- both next to Nikki Beach Club- for elitist snobs who will pay 10,000 baht a day for a lounger. Hope you like loud house music at your National Marine Park

Bang- Tao Gaza post-179390-0-07955000-1409321251_thumb.

Yet a male patriarchal worship idol house remain unmolested post-179390-0-68031300-1409321264_thumb.

The end of tourism on this beach ? post-179390-0-25097100-1409321279_thumb.

post-179390-0-72852400-1409321292_thumb. The Business Killing Field

Wonder if a EIA certificate was acquired in the filling of this wetland on Paklok Soi 4 with the rubble ? ( Yes followed the truck and it is being filled with about 6 trucks per hour. For last 10 days !!

post-179390-0-47344600-1409321306_thumb.

Wetland to waste land

post-179390-0-46566400-1409321321_thumb.

Soon to be filled with what was a thriving free market economy.

post-179390-0-21517300-1409321333_thumb.

Welcome to the Junta.

Edited by EBlair48
  • Like 1

Thanks for the pics. The Bang tao beach starts to look great! It's also wonderful to see that old rubble is recycled to alternative usage.

Well done.

I wonder if the illegal business owners will get the cleanup bill. Maybe it will be reduced as some of the rubble can be sold to landfill.

Edited by Guest

If they clean it up 100 percent, it's going to be beautiful , but, I do have my reservations.

It's not Rocket Science to place a few Waste bins every 100 yards, and have them emptied when needed.

Simple things, that can restore Phuket to it's former glory...

Being a resident like a lot on TV , I am keeping my fingers crossed...., it all works out...

• Like 2

Right OP, so the better idea was to let the businesses continue to operate illegally and make bribe payments to local officials to continue to operate.

Yes, it might take awhile to clear the remains, what are you thinking there "I dream of Jeanie" (?) snap the fingers and all the remnants disappear?

Also, please stop with the Middle East comparisons, it's not even close to that and over the top dramatic.

• Like 1

Right OP, so the better idea was to let the businesses continue to operate illegally and make bribe payments to local officials to continue to operate.

Yes, it might take awhile to clear the remains, what are you thinking there "I dream of Jeanie" (?) snap the fingers and all the remnants disappear?

Also, please stop with the Middle East comparisons, it's not even close to that and over the top dramatic.

Totally agree with you, even though The Killing Fields were hardly Middle Eastern.

• Like 1

Totally agree with you, even though The Killing Fields were hardly Middle Eastern.

Maybe you missed this one in the post "Bang- Tao Gaza".

• Like 1

Maybe you missed this one in the post "Bang- Tao Gaza".

No, I commented there that his comparison was totally ludicrous, and I hope that it was simply a lack of knowledge of Beirut and its recent history that made him make that comment.

So far one SEA and one Middle East comparison (at least that I know of), both dramatic, over the top, showing lack of knowledge, etc.

• Like 2

These photos simply represent what I have been predicting for a while - "The Phuket Financial Crisis."

Yeah, looks like a war zone, because a war has been fought on this island, between the mafia, and the tourists. Many have lost their lives here, during this war - particularly on motorbikes.

Due to this war, the tourist who used to come here, regularly, have now become "tourist refugees" to other destinations.

Good try NKM, but you still are not able to reach the level of negativity which EB has reached. Face it, you are too soft for the game.

These photos simply represent what I have been predicting for a while - "The Phuket Financial Crisis."

Yeah, looks like a war zone, because a war has been fought on this island, between the mafia, and the tourists. Many have lost their lives here, during this war - particularly on motorbikes.

Due to this war, the tourist who used to come here, regularly, have now become "tourist refugees" to other destinations.

Good try NKM, but you still are not able to reach the level of negativity which EB has reached. Face it, you are too soft for the game.

Mmmm, is that "negativity" or "reality" oilinki?

Sometimes, on Phuket, there is a very fine line between the two. biggrin.png

• Like 1

If they clean it up 100 percent, it's going to be beautiful , but, I do have my reservations.

It's not Rocket Science to place a few Waste bins every 100 yards, and have them emptied when needed.

Simple things, that can restore Phuket to it's former glory...

Being a resident like a lot on TV , I am keeping my fingers crossed...., it all works out...

Waste bins? Dumpsters every 10 meters are what are needed. I fear this smaller debris will simply be allowed to remain, and come high season we will have more stories of impaled feet.

It is also regretful a wet land is being filled in. [ Correction that is Pasak Soi 4 not Paclok as on OP ]

I will concede Laguna has removed the restaurant huts, in front of Banyan Tree.

So what was one of the finest beaches in SEA, is now 4 miles of debris, with nothing to do...

You wanted a natural beach experience , then why not go to the Marine Park, that is at far north UNTIL the thumping bass house music from accoustically offensive Nikki Bitch Club was permitted.. Jaysus they got it bass-ackwards on that one.

Also the only three restaurants to eat on the beach, now clustered together far north at the Park entrance,

Edited by EBlair48

A war zone, whether religiously or financially motivated, or in this case ( IMO ) a militarized elite vs relatively disadvantaged working classes, is the same, all over the world , in every decade. So the effective hyperbole remains.

While I understand Thais appear incapable of governing themselves -restricting sheers magnitude of vendors and/ or restaurants, I think what would have been a far better solution-and I am speaking only of Bang - Tao, would have been to hold a lottery of sorts with winners paying a tax to buy beach maintenance equipment .

Again Bang Tao, or the middle to north parts ( Lay Pang to Layan) that I am very familiar with, was not inundated with beach chairs , only the restaurants had them out.

It is also regretful a wet land is being filled in. [ Correction that is Pasak Soi 4 not Paclok as on OP ]

There are no natural lakes on Phuket. All made during tin mining operations.

If it is being filled in, technically, it's being restored to its natural state.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 2

There are no natural lakes on Phuket. All made during tin mining operations.

If it is being filled in, technically, it's being restored to its natural state.

There is a small lake on the north side of the land being filled but what is getting filled is a wetland. a few inches of water and / or saturated mud with tall grasses that a lot of different birds use. Been that way for eons. The kind of land disappearing at an astonishing rate on Phuket.

I don't think plastic menus and broken restaurant fittings can be considered natural state, but this is Thailand.

Edited by EBlair48
  • Like 1

Now that Pian and his sons are in a police cell with bail denied, two posters have gone very quiet about the "class war" they have been espousing......

Regrettably, approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes before you made your post, they (along with the other Pisona associates) had already been released on bail.

Now that Pian and his sons are in a police cell with bail denied, two posters have gone very quiet about the "class war" they have been espousing......

Regrettably, approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes before you made your post, they (along with the other Pisona associates) had already been released on bail.

One can only hope that the army's response to this is "Ah, well. Challenge accepted.".

PG article http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-taxi-mafia-suspects-Pian-Keesin-the/33766#ad-image-3

Bugger!

Not at all but some days, even for days at a time, I do not have time to get onto TVF and post responses.

Bull dozer has moved onto the main forum where I imagine he can argue more effectively as the discourse on Phuket forum is non existent on the subject.

My remarks regarding a war on Thailand's working class have been directed at the beach clearings. The taxi subject is entirely a different matter and I agree the extortionate and thuggish behavior needed to be addressed- and the jet skis too.

However I will add my observation that Patong's former Mayor has been declared " low class" and has very dark skin. Is this why he is the only head official in Phuket to be held accountable- so far ?

As far as him making bail, that really has no bearing on any argument, everyone is entitled to make bail, if they can.