British MP George Galloway taken to hospital after street attack

Lite Beer

British MP George Galloway taken to hospital after street attack

LONDON: -- George Galloway has been taken to hospital with a suspected broken jaw after he was attacked on a London street, his spokesman has said.

The Respect MP was posing for pictures with people in Golborne Road, Notting Hill, when a man allegedly set upon him. Police were quickly at the scene and arrested a man.

The MP's spokesman said he had bruising and was in "a pretty bad shape".

He said the alleged attacker had been shouting something about the Holocaust.

"George was posing for pictures with people and this guy just attacked him, leapt on him and started punching him," the spokesman said.

"It appears to be connected with his comments about Israel because the guy was shouting about the Holocaust."

Mr Galloway was interviewed under caution by police earlier this month after he made controversial comments about Israel.

The MP for Bradford West said in a speech that Bradford had been "declared an Israel-free zone" and urged people to reject all Israeli goods, services academics and tourists.

His spokesman said he did not know whether the attacker was an Israeli, an EDL-supporter, or whether he had another motive.

Read More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28992601

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-08-30

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Israel has never been an ally of the UK, it has never sent troops to fight in any of our so called War's on Terror.

Quit being dishonest. It is no secret that Israel were not asked, so as not to upset Arab allies. They would have been there in a second if needed.

Correct.... we have never asked for their direct participation.

We had two Mossad agents staying at our compound in Kabul for 6 months, they were "Special" consultants to the Afghanistan Ministry of Defense. They never left Kabul during their assignment so were probably in the intelligence gathering department.

One of the agents admitted to being an obserevor in Iraq prior to coming to Kabul.

Israel has never been an ally of the UK, it has never sent troops to fight in any of our so called War's on Terror.

Quit being dishonest. It is no secret that Israel were not asked, so as not to upset Arab allies. They would have been there in a second if needed.

Israel is the REASON for the War Of Terror.

The injustices that they have committed, the millions of lives destroyed, the ongoing humiliation of their neighbors, AIPACs control of USA foreign policy, those are the reasons for much of Islamic fundamentalism.

The Generals do not fight the battle, they direct it - and by that measure, the Zionists are responsible for the rise of Islamic Fundementalism

Edited by joepublic

Israel has never been an ally of the UK, it has never sent troops to fight in any of our so called War's on Terror, those Brits who have supported Israel are the traitors to the UK national and strategic interest in the Middle East.

Arguments along the lines that Israel is the only democracy in the ME, and therefore we should support it are laughable, we have traditionally supported tyrants, finding them easier to do business with.

I can understand why so many dislike George Galloway, but lets face it he's a lot more likeable than Benjamin Netanyahu.

No! Really he's not!

And it's not Israel flying planes into skyscrapers. It's not Israel bombing nightclubs in Ball. Its not Israel blowing up commuter trains in Madrid. Its not Israel blowing up London buses and tube trains. It's not Israel trying to behead British soldiers on the streets of London. It's not Israel murdering Dutch film makers on the streets of Amsterdam.

I've no love for Israel but they're not our enemy.

No man is an island, entire of itself....

Israel is not doing all those things. Israel confines it's terrorism and murder to Gaza (at the moment, and other parts of Palestine at other times.)

Galloway is a well known rent a gob who very few in the UK take seriously.

Whenever he appears on TV or radio to represent one side of an argument his favourite tactic is to continuously shout over the speakers with whom he disagrees.

He prefers travelling around the world to representing his constituents; with one of, if not the, the worst attendance and voting records in Parliament. Which is almost certainly why he keeps being deselected and having to stand in different constituencies for different parties at every election.

Even his current party in Bradford have lost respect for him. George Galloway: is Bradford losing respect for its maverick MP?

None of which, of course, excuses this physical assault.

• Like 2

Even this jackass does not deserve to be attacked for his hateful beliefs.

have you even bothered to actually LISTEN to many of the things he speaks of ...I guess not

yes he is just a frustrated Scots man, we English put up with this idiot living in our Country, anybody else would be classed as an agitator.

• Like 1

Israel has never been an ally of the UK, it has never sent troops to fight in any of our so called War's on Terror, those Brits who have supported Israel are the traitors to the UK national and strategic interest in the Middle East.

Arguments along the lines that Israel is the only democracy in the ME, and therefore we should support it are laughable, we have traditionally supported tyrants, finding them easier to do business with.

I can understand why so many dislike George Galloway, but lets face it he's a lot more likeable than Benjamin Netanyahu.

No! Really he's not!

And it's not Israel flying planes into skyscrapers. It's not Israel bombing nightclubs in Ball. Its not Israel blowing up commuter trains in Madrid. Its not Israel blowing up London buses and tube trains. It's not Israel trying to behead British soldiers on the streets of London. It's not Israel murdering Dutch film makers on the streets of Amsterdam.

I've no love for Israel but they're not our enemy.

It wasn't Iraqis or Taliban either!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It wasn't Iraqis or Taliban either!

But the Taliban did allow Al Qaeda to set up terrorist training camps on their soil in the lead up to 9/11 so...

Which makes it even more remarkable that with the best intelligence service in the world, Colin Powell announced in the second week of May 2001 that the US had just given USD $ 43 Million in cash to the leaders of the Taliban. This article in Junes edition of the Nation in 2001 (not the Bangkok Newspaper !! )

That's the message sent with the recent gift of $43 million to the Taliban rulers of Afghanistan, the most virulent anti-American violators of human rights in the world today. The gift, announced last Thursday by Secretary of State Colin Powell, in addition to other recent aid, makes the United States the main sponsor of the Taliban and rewards that "rogue regime" for declaring that opium growing is against the will of God. So, too, by the Taliban's estimation, are most human activities, but it's the ban on drugs that catches this administration's attention.

Never mind that Osama bin Laden still operates the leading anti-American terror operation from his base in Afghanistan, from which, among other crimes, he launched two bloody attacks on American embassies in Africa in 1998.

My underline!

http://www.thenation.com/article/bushs-faustian-deal-taliban#

And 6 months later they are chasing them saying "The Taliban leaders let Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaida on Afghan soil" ! The mind truly boggles. I bet you'll tell me the Bush administration had no idea in May 2001 that Osama and Al Q were in Afghanistan! (even though the rest of the English speaking world knew) They were tricked eh! rolleyes.gif This happens to be a VERY inconvenient truth!

Edited by GentlemanJim

I disagree with what you say, so I can thus break your jaw? Is that acceptable, no matter what your politics?

No.

Even if the victim is a total &lt;deleted&gt; like Galloway.

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 2

No one deserves to be assaulted and have their jaw broken for their political views but I can't say I have any sympathy for the guy.

Galloway is an apologist for Arab dictators and Islamic fundamentalism which is just as bad as apologists for Israeli policy and the Bush/Blair war on terror policy. Hate of one another will not solve the worlds problems.

Galloway to Saddam: "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability, and I want you to know that we are with you, hatta al-nasr, hatta al-nasr, hatta al-Quds [until victory, until victory, until Jerusalem]."

Galloway on whether normal Iraqis hated Saddam: "Not at all; not at all... as is obvious now; now they admit that. He was hated by political opponents as he suppressed all opposition political forces, but he wasn't hated by the ordinary Iraqi - no, not at all."

Galloway on al-Assad: "All dignified people in the world, whether Arabs or Muslims or others with dignity, are very proud of the speech made by president Bashar al-Assad a few days ago here in Damascus. For me he is the last Arab ruler, and Syria is the last Arab country. It is the fortress of the remaining dignity of the Arabs, and that's why I'm proud to be here."

Galloway on his politics: "I am on the anti-imperialist left." The Stalinist left? "I wouldn't define it that way because of the pejoratives loaded around it; that would be making a rod for your own back. If you are asking did I support the Soviet Union, yes I did. Yes, I did support the Soviet Union, and I think the disappearance of the Soviet Union is the biggest catastrophe of my life. If there was a Soviet Union today, we would not be having this conversation about plunging into a new war in the Middle East, and the US would not be rampaging around the globe."

Galloway on Darfur: "Well, I don’t agree that it’s genocide, but I definitely agree that there’s suffering going on there."

Even this jackass does not deserve to be attacked for his hateful beliefs.

have you even bothered to actually LISTEN to many of the things he speaks of ...I guess not

The guy is pure SCUM of the earth I for one would like to buy the guy who smacked him a Pint

He is a Muslim extremist sympathizer and a Traitor to his country

I agree but he is dumb he should have know how powerful they are I bet this will change his tone

Well a hateful fool got his comes

Edited by harryfrompattaya