Guest House In Chiang Mai

moondragon

Hey all,

Heading to Chiang Mai for the first time (need to do a visa run and wanted to stay a few days and see the city)

Need a recommendation for a guesthouse around $20 USD a night... yes I've looked at the pinned Chiang Mai Hotels message, but I was hoping for some "first hand" recommendations :o

Cheers,

Moon

Hey all,

Heading to Chiang Mai for the first time (need to do a visa run and wanted to stay a few days and see the city)

Need a recommendation for a guesthouse around $20 USD a night... yes I've looked at the pinned Chiang Mai Hotels message, but I was hoping for some "first hand" recommendations :o

Cheers,

Moon

Lotus Pang Suan Kaew - at the back of Kad Suan Kaew shopping mall - the rooms come in at just under 1000 baht and it is convenient for the shopping mall and to catch Song Taews to other parts of town.

Golden Fern Guesthouse on Prapokklao Soi 8 ... Aircon, UBC, fridge, etc for 400 Baht a night. Just about as central as it gets - 100 meter directly east from Wat Chedi Luang (the tallest structure in the old city.

US$20 / 800 baht is modest-hotel-range more than guesthouse range.

For example the Top North HOTEL (not the guesthouse) which is a bit cheaper actually.

But most guesthouses cost far less, say 200-400 baht range. Are you looking for a guesthouse for the 'traveller vibe' experience or just to save money?

Another option: Chiang Mai Thai House.. this is a like an 'upmarket guesthouse'.. http://www.chiangmaithaihouse.com/

But there's a gazillion guesthouses in pretty much ALL sois off Thapae Rd, Ratchadamnoen Rd, Moon Muang Rd. (extended Thapae Gate area).

Another useful site when it comes to sourcing budget accommodation in Thailand: www.travelfish.org

here: http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation/th.../chiang_mai/all

Edited by chanchao