Suspected Phuket university students stab soldier in stomach

Lite Beer

Suspected Phuket university students stab soldier in stomach

Darawan Naknakhon

1409391344_1-org.jpg

Pramote Tongsri arrives at hospital after being stabbed.

PHUKET: A young soldier on leave from military service in the South of Thailand was attacked and viciously stabbed late yesterday afternoon (August 29) on Pracha Uthit Rd just north of Phuket Town by four young men who, police suspect, are students at Rajabhat University Phuket.

Pramote Tongsri, 22, had just returned from army camp in Songklah to stay with his younger brother, who is a student at Rajabhat, at Soi Irawadee 1 in Rassada.

He told police, “I was riding my motorbike when four men on two motorbikes passed and blocked my way. One of them started stabbing at my leg with a long sharpened piece of steel. That caused me to fall from my bike.

“After that they stabbed me in the left side of my stomach three times.”

He said he did not recognise any of his attackers but noticed one of them was wearing a Rajabhat University uniform. Afterwards, he said, they rode off.

Investigators tried to check the CCTV at the nearby KN Supply shop, said Lt Col Somsak Thongkliang of Phuket City Police, but the camera was broken.

“We have collected footage from other cameras nearby and have been questioning people in the area to see if we can identify the suspects,” he added.

Mr Pramote was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital where he is recovering.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/suspected-phuket-university-students-stab-soldier-in-stomach-48481.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-08-30