Admission in Chulalongkorn university (International Economics and Finance master degree)

galolo

Hi all,

i am a Belgian student wishing to study at the Chulalongkorn university to get a master degree in International Economics and Finance. I'm not an exchange student and i only have a 2 year degree from the Faculty of Economics of Bruxelles University (ULB). I am 27 years old and i dropped out of university 7 years ago to be in charge of my family business.

How difficult do you think is it to get accepted in Chulalongkorn university? Does anyone have an experience with the admission in this university (regardless of the program)?

How do you think you can get accepted into a master's program before you finish your bachelors? Chances are 0. Chula is a relatively elitist school and can deny anyone they want to. Bachelor's is easier to get accepted than Masters programs. If you want to just take a class, or audit classes that wouldn't be hard just talk to the department head.

"i only have a 2 year degree"

That is not a Bachelors degree that is an Associates degree. Bachelor's degrees are 4 years typically some countries still have a 3 year degree but those are less common now.

"i dropped out of university" Implies that you didn't finish anything.

While in many countries it is possible to teach at Universities without a Batchellors degrees if you have demonstrated excellence in your field, or to have most of the requirements of the degree satisfied by an assesment of how your actual skills and experience match. You would probably have difficulty getting admission to the School of Music at Chula even if you were Niccolo Paganini. There is an almost total reliance on paper here.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Do you speak Thai fluently and read and write it?

Do you have big money to buy a place?

A 2 year Certificate/Diploma would not get you entrance otherwise.

A 2 year Certificate/Diploma would not get you entrance otherwise.

What do you mean by that? Entrance where?

Into a top tier University like Chulalongkorn.

ok, so how "having big money to buy a big place" will get me entrance?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

ok, so how "having big money to buy a big place" will get me entrance?

If youhave to ask that you either do not have enough or have not had enough long enough.

Galolo, based on what you've said, Zaichen is right.

Just because you don't like the news, there's no need to shoot the messenger (Especially when the messenger is trying to help you).

Without a bachelor degree (And if you dropped out of university after 2 years, as you said, you won't have a bachelor degree), you probably won't be able to gain entrance to a masters program.

Although in saying that, some universities allow admission to MBA programs without an undergraduate degree if the individual has a large amount of experience with managing their own business.

However I don't know if they would do this in Thailand at all, as they do put a much higher value on qualifications than they do experience. And even if they did, I don't know if they'd do that for an international MBA program or only for a Thai program.

Although either way, you've said that you're looking for a Masters in Economics and Finance via their international program, which is a different kettle of fish.

Although if you wanted to study a bachelor degree they could likely cross credit some of the papers from your previous degree.

Although Thai universities don't like to see people take a break in their study, so might not necessarily be happy with cross crediting points from an incomplete degree (I took a 4 year break in the middle of my degree in NZ, and it wasn't a problem, but my wife informs me that I wouldn't have been allowed to do that at a Thai university, since they believe people lose the foundation of knowledge they gained in 1st/2nd year).

• Like 1