Non-Thai youths 'should be granted vocational papers'

webfact

Non-Thai youths 'should be granted vocational papers'
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A PETITION should be filed for non-Thai nationals to be granted vocational certificates so they are not denied opportunities due to the lack of the right documents, an advocate for the rights of minorities said.

The call for the petition won support from National Human Rights commissioner Amara Pongsapich, who said she would forward the issue to the Labour Ministry for endorsement. The issue will then be handed over to the Office of the Public Sector Development Commission, so non-Thai nationals can be granted certificates after completing vocational training.

Researcher Darunee Paisalpanichkul, also a law lecturer with Naresuan University, said not getting a certificate was having a demoralising effect on non-Thai youngsters who hoped for secure careers. Non-Thais are not granted a certificate after completing their vocational courses because they don't have the 13-digit ID number required under the Department of Skill Development |regulations.

She said learning a skill was part of the right to basic education that the state is required to provide everybody. By denying that right, Thailand was violating a number of human-rights treaties that it is part of, she added.

Darunee's study included interviews with many non-Thai youngsters. One of the youngsters interviewed was Aranya Maklai - a Chiang Mai-based Myanmar girl - who says she is not eligible to get a certificate for the sewing course that she has completed. Hence, she has had to work at a factory producing drinking water for two years earning just Bt240 a day - a lot less than she would have received if she had a certificate.

Similarly, hilltribe girl Phad Lungta, who has completed bakery and Thai-cooking courses in Chiang Mai, is consistently turned down for a job in the kitchen because all employers want her to produce a certificate. So, she's now working as a waitress for Bt180 a day.

Speaking at a recent Bangkok seminar, Darunee said most non-Thais turned to vocational or skill training because they could not afford upper secondary or undergraduate studies, only to be denied opportunities later due to bureaucratic regulations.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Non-Thai-youths-should-be-granted-vocational-paper-30242220.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-01

With 1% unemployment, you might think that someone who claims to have completed the course but was denied a certificate due to ethnicity might be given a probationary start. Of course, that scenario relies on low unemployment figures being accurate.

Exactly gros_s11.gif ;

U can now understand how much a burma or a khmer worker without a WP can have every day ; a bol of rice ; some big enterprise like Natural Fruit, part of NatGroup, a Thai company think it's too much...

That will change in a few months because millions of burma people want to come back and work in their country;

as about two hundred thousand khmer did already.

What they were working for will be doing by ??? nobody .... or thai people who will not accept only 300 hundred baht a day if they want to pay the banks for all their electronic devices.

• Like 2

My Thai wife told me that my Thai son can not become an airforce pilot just because he is "Look Krueng" Another xenophobic Thai policy, the bizare thing is that most of the policy makers here are Thai-Chinese, 2nd or 3rd generation and not 100% Thai themselves.

Exact the same answer was told to me by a teacher in the school where my child is learning.

They said that my child is a "Look Krueng (half Thai)" child and therefore she will never be admitted to State jobs.

Not even as a nurse at the Military Hospital.

I asked this question on ThaiVisa (ask a lawyer) but for a good reason nobody wants to answer this.

Denyng their OWN citizens a state job whilst they have a Thai ID card, a Thai passport, etc. is against the International laws of the Human rights and should be brought to the attention of the tribunal of La Haye.

Is this the famous "Thainess" TAT want to brainwash all tourists with?

• Like 2

It sucks BIG time

LOS means Land of S....

I'm curious to know what the "most senior authorities of Thailand" have to say about it

My Thai wife told me that my Thai son can not become an airforce pilot just because he is "Look Krueng" Another xenophobic Thai policy, the bizare thing is that most of the policy makers here are Thai-Chinese, 2nd or 3rd generation and not 100% Thai themselves.

Exact the same answer was told to me by a teacher in the school where my child is learning.

They said that my child is a "Look Krueng (half Thai)" child and therefore she will never be admitted to State jobs.
Not even as a nurse at the Military Hospital.

I asked this question on ThaiVisa (ask a lawyer) but for a good reason nobody wants to answer this.

Denyng their OWN citizens a state job whilst they have a Thai ID card, a Thai passport, etc. is against the International laws of the Human rights and should be brought to the attention of the tribunal of La Haye.

but but, how will thais keep their riches, if they have to stop to underpay other human being

what about us expats, when will we get some rights?

divorce or wife dead and you can go pack your bags and lose the house to the family members

2014, hello....

Thai Constitution 2007

Section 30. All persons are equal before the law and shall enjoy equal protection under the law.

Men and women shall enjoy equal rights.

Unjust discrimination against a person on the grounds of the difference in origin, race, language, sex, age, disability, physical or health condition, personal status, economic or social standing, religious belief, education or constitutionally political view, shall not be permitted.

Thai Constitution 2007

Section 30. All persons are equal before the law and shall enjoy equal protection under the law.

Unjust discrimination against a person on the grounds of the difference in origin, race, language, sex, age, disability, physical or health condition, personal status, economic or social standing, religious belief, education or constitutionally political view, shall not be permitted.

Provided you have a citizen ID card.

Thai Constitution 2007

please now define "Unjust discrimination".

Thai Constitution 2007

please now define "Unjust discrimination".

Unjust:

Not being granted certification or qualifications for exams taken.

Discrimination:

Based on their origin and race.

Thai Constitution 2007

Provided you have a citizen ID card.

My son got both Thai ID card and Passport but can still not become an air force pilot, is the 2007 constitution still valid?

• Like 1

Thai Constitution 2007

In every country on this globe, everybody need to learn their LEGAL rights and their REAL rights.

EG.: In 1975, I was made redundant by my boss because I was an immigrant.

This was against the Civil Law (racism) and I (my union) started a lawsuit against my former employer.

The union won the case and my employer needed to give me back my position and pay me for the time I was not employed.

This are my LEGAL RIGHTS.

My former employer refused to take me back and pay me for the months I had no job.

So, I (my union) went to a Forecloser to force my employer to respect the Court decision.

My former employer started an appeal to the first Court decision and the case is still somewhere in the Court after 40 years.

This are my REAL RIGHTS.

Back to the thread, read again what was written in the first thread.

The Vocational schools did not refuse to gave the foreign students a degree.

They simple could not produce the degree as the foreign students had not the required 13-digit number on their ID-Card to fill in the required papers.

And last, aliens with a child from a Thai (the earth) and an alien (outer space) are not really refused a job in the army.

Their level of knowledge and fitness is just not enough to enter a career at the army.

HTH

Edited by Confuscious