hi,

I'm thinking about starting up a little music studio, providing instrumental lessons to children and adults. Just wondering if it would be possible to have the business in my partner's name? I don't have the 2 million capitalisation to do it myself. Knew a guy who had an internet cafe in his partner's name. It was all legal but the farang wasn't allowed to work. He was in it just as an investor, owning 49%. Any info on this would be much appreciated.

cheers

hi,

I'm thinking about starting up a little music studio, providing instrumental lessons to children and adults. Just wondering if it would be possible to have the business in my partner's name? I don't have the 2 million capitalisation to do it myself. Knew a guy who had an internet cafe in his partner's name. It was all legal but the farang wasn't allowed to work. He was in it just as an investor, owning 49%. Any info on this would be much appreciated.

cheers

If you want to work in it you will need a work permit. You only need to pay up 25% of the capital so that is 500,000 Baht and you then can use that money to operate the business. I have also heard of setups where you put in the 2M baht and then immediately take it out as a loan as well.

You can't get a work permit without capitalizing the company at 2M baht so if you work in it at all that would not be legal.

What are you trying to do?

D