Red Rose Hotel

pomchop

How many of you have been to the infamous Red Rose of Chiang Rai? It's out new the old airport and certainly worth a visit.

For those who don't know the Red Rose is a sort of Disney sex fantasy hotel of long and short time themed rooms and suites. The clientel is almost exclusively Thai with liscense plate shielders avail for thai guys out for a bit of "adventure".

A great place to take your out of town visitors ..go in daytime.....the reception staff will give you a good tour of the "boxing room", the "Aladdin suite" and much more....tip the gal a bit and look at a lot of the different layouts...truly strange.....

I would like to know how chiang rai of all places ended up with a Red Rose?

First this is not an advert for the Red Rose.....as far as I know there are no ladies "on site". I have no info on ladies avail or prices so forget about asking me that.

The Red Rose is an unusual hotel and is a bit of a tourist attraction.

I have taken many out of town guests over during the day for a look as it is really a funny type of establishment that seems totally out of place in Chiang Rai. As stated, I am curious if any members know the history or how/why such a place ended up in CR?

They do have a website to give you an idea of types and cost of rooms. http://redrosehotel.info/main-eng.html

You will also probably notice that many of CR tuk tuks have adverts for red rose on them.

I think I must not have understood the OP intent. It's a love hotel. What's so unusual about that? LOTS of them around throughout Thailand and the rest of SE Asia.

Have you actually SEEN the Red Rose? I suppose it is a "love hotel" but it is on a completely different level of the typical thai "love hotel"....

For those who want to see something unusual and entertaining and even funny go take a look yourself.

For those not interested than that would be UP TO YOU.

Met some Thai friends from Chiang Mai there recently one evening at the on-site bar. A couple of sofas with girls to choose from and more arrived soon after. A very nasty looking 'pimp' arrived in a minivan and unloaded them, mainly hill-tribe by the language being spoken and not at all happy to be there. The drunk Thai guys were very happy though. Made my excuses and left.

• 3 years later...