Am I in a Different Planet or Dimension?

Gonzo the Face

Yes we had some nice and at times heavy rain Sunday Nite to Monday morning, but can someone please tell me where all this flooding is that is reported in this mornings The Nation?

Quote from todays Nation "especially in Chiang Mai’s Muang district where high flood waters inundated residential areas overnight "

Did the rain water only stay long enough for a photo ..... or where did it go....

The river level yesterday evening was read as 2.05 at the Narrawat Bridge reading point and has steadily been , although slowly , going down before, during and after the supposed flash floods. Where did the water go???

Sorry but I have seen nothing, heard nothing, read nothing that would contradict this printing and reporting that is just apparently drama and scare headlines.

Someone that has first hand of the flooding in Muang District , please enlighten me

G

PS Sorry I forgot........ they probably closed the dam south of town and scared the water back into the sky

Edited by Gonzo the Face
  • Like 2

I have particularly noticed a rise in the water level beyond the flood gate.

You haven't noticed anything at your end because the gates are controlling it.

Now just beyond the gates Pa daed area they have been constructing a new flood defence wall for the last 15months.

The track road they created to sit the piling rig and cranes on, today is within 200mm of being flooded.

Last week it had a good 1m to spare and in the dry season it was clear by 2/3 m

The royal mansion another few metres further down, the water is within 300mm of their boat landings.

I think another heavy rain tonight or tomorrow will halt the flood defence work as the crane is likely to be going for a swim.

Happy for you all around the river city end but other areas are suffering I am sure.

Edited by eyecatcher

There was a lot of deep water in spots in the Santitham area. A couple of intersections looked just like the picture in the link. But it was only in isolated spots rather than in a general area. The photo was quite misleading.

Edited by FolkGuitar

Not all flooding happens from the river. Some of it is just flash floods from heavy rainfall, drainage that can't cope, and a lot of water flowing to low lying areas such as Sripingmuang, Kad Kom, Hai Ya, etc.

Typically doesn't last long. Just long enough to take cool pictures to post on Facebook, CM108 and, finally, The Nation who manage to confuse more than inform as per their usual.

• Like 1

Yes, the article says Kad Khom. The picture is of Kad Khom as well.

Supposed to be a lot of water around kad kom but it always floods around there.

The flooding at Kad Kom and other places is caused by the drainage systems not be able to handle the water flow. That is either because of heavy downpour or partially blocked drain pipes or both. So the water flowing from "upstream" comes up the drains in the lower city areas and you get that localized flooding (which can be quite extensive).,

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Gonzo,

Not to worry because this disappearing rainfall that teases with a brief manifestation of flooding is just tom-foolery by the Phyaanak (the Nagas) who are currently really pissed off for reasons I can't mention here since shadowy-hands are involved. At times like these the ratio of simultaneously fully dead-and-alive Schrodinger cats to northern Thai cloud moisture fluctuates in a fractal manner, and you can't put your finger on a dimension, let alone a planet.

cheers, ~o:37;

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Gonzo,

Not to worry because this disappearing rainfall that teases with a brief manifestation of flooding is just tom-foolery by the Phyaanak (the Nagas) who are currently really pissed off for reasons I can't mention here since shadowy-hands are involved. At times like these the ratio of simultaneously fully dead-and-alive Schrodinger cats to northern Thai cloud moisture fluctuates in a fractal manner, and you can't put your finger on a dimension, let alone a planet.

cheers, ~o:37;

Aaaaa Just as I thought....... thank You Kn Orang37

re

Not all flooding happens from the river. Some of it is just flash floods from heavy rainfall, drainage that can't cope, and a lot of water flowing to low lying area

hes right !

this was the 3 inches of water left at the market area south of chiang mai gate on sunday afternoon

on saturday morning and afternoon it was six inches deep :(

dave2

post-42592-0-14389400-1409660383_thumb.j