Killing fields....

robertthebruce

Take the river boat in the early evening and cruise up an down the Tonle sap.

Take a walk along riverside in the early evening when all the locals come out, maybe do some aerobics with them

walk around Central Market

Visit Wat Phnom

Feed the pigeons in front of the royal palace

visit the new Aeon Mall

Than of course there's the hostess bars :-)

The Killing Field and S21 to take in the recent history of Cambodia. Unbelievable that this genocide happened in recent living memory.

Wat Phnom

Royal Palace

Central Market

Agree about the riverboat trip - try and time it to come back around dusk so as to see PP lit up. Several vendors near the boat selling Angkor beer if you need a tipple on the journey.

Black Cat bar........... wink.png

Wat Onalom; the oldest working temple/pagoda complex in the country.

Wat Phnom; I'll admit both the monkeys and the locals makes this trip less pleasant than it should be but you should still go.

S-21; is a must. It's more depressing than Auschwitz-Birkenau though.

The Royal Palace; is lovely and should be combined with a trip to the National Museum which is brilliant. You could also take a stroll down riverside at this point.

Central Market and Russian Market are both options though I prefer the cleaner, more touristy night market (only open on weekends though).

There are lots of other modern Wat complexes which are really nice and nobody ever visits.

SR;

when was the last time u were in PP an Wat Phnom

they got rid of all the monkeys more than a year ago used to see them on the wires outside the PO as well.

i stayed at the picked parrot ( top floor) on street 104 a few times and they would sneak into your room if u did not close the windows :-)

What i love about PP is just walking around

also if ur lucky catch the cops trying to stop motorcycles to ticket them on Monivong /Norodom road

Check out the local attractions at the walkabout

Edited by phuketrichard

SR;

when was the last time u were in PP an Wat Phnom

they got rid of all the monkeys more than a year ago used to see them on the wires outside the PO as well.

i stayed at the picked parrot ( top floor) on street 104 a few times and they would sneak into your room if u did not close the windows :-)

What i love about PP is just walking around

also if ur lucky catch the cops trying to stop motorcycles to ticket them on Monivong /Norodom road

Check out the local attractions at the walkabout

I remember the day they got rid of the monkeys; they came walking past my window. Sadly, they're back though not in the same numbers as before. You can't keep a good monkey down.

Walkabout is the worst place in the entirety of Phnom Penh. If you like gap-toothed, over-the-hill, speed freak hookers - awesome. Otherwise avoid like the plague.

Yes, monkeys are back (a few).

Be warned these are pretty aggressive monkeys as monkeys go, that's why they tried to get rid of them.

Some years back I was walking my Chihuahua in Wat Phnom, he got into it with a monkey (from a distance...just barking & so forth while the monkey made menacing gestures back). I thought it was funny but the locals started warning me to get out of there. Looked to the right and there was a long column of grim-faced monkeys marching towards us and they clearly meant buisiness. I took the locals' advice and quickly left.