Is is possible to rent a jet ski for a whole day?

SS1

Is it possible to rent a jet ski for a whole day / weekend in Samui or the surrounding islands for a reasonable price? (I don't mean guided tours).

In Finland, for example, you can rent a good Sea Doo for about 10,000 baht per day, including trailer, excluding fuel. Although everything is insanely expensive in Finland, that seems pretty reasonable. On the other hand, I guess they don't have any market for 30-60min rentals in Finland so that's their only option.

Would be a really fun way to explore around the islands by yourself.

Possibly talk to the guys that sell them rather than trying to hire one off the beach.

There is a place on the ring road - coming from Bophut and heading towards Big C. On the right as you get close to Big C. Not sure where exactly - if I go out today I'll post more details.

I like this idea, sounds fun. I can however forsee a few issues with it being generally released.

The waters here can be exceptionally busy both above and below sea level. On koh tao this would be a non starter. Way to much of a risk to the thousands of divers underneath. When we see boats speed near or round our island we all cringe. The lomprayah goes straight over 3 of the busiest dive sites here and sometimes at speed. All it takes is for 1 diver to be too shallow without a surface marker and bang. The other islands have divers too, swimmers, snorkellers, taxi boats, fishermen, ferries, cargoships and more. I think the 60 min rule is good. It forces centralisation, then its safer. No drunk homing missles everywhere.

Hopefully i can raise a little awareness. This is not aimed at the OP, it is for everyone.

Please only stand on sand or rocks. Whilst coral is fast growing, the eco system it supports is finely balanced. Damaging it by standing on it or touching it, will have an impact.

Dead coral, seashells and other marine dead animals are part of the food chain. Please do not take them.

The coral is in a constant balance with algae, this is what alot of the fish eat. If you feed them, the algae slowly takes over the coral. Please do not feed the fish.

Please use bins, or litter ends up in the sea. Later it will be deposited on the nice sandy beach where you wish to sunbathe.

Thank you. Tourism here is having a massive impact. We all must work together to reduce it.

• Like 2

Possibly talk to the guys that sell them rather than trying to hire one off the beach.

There is a place on the ring road - coming from Bophut and heading towards Big C. On the right as you get close to Big C. Not sure where exactly - if I go out today I'll post more details.

Coming from Bophut it is on the right immediately after the LPG station. (Opposite Water Tech.)

• 1 month later...