Want to sell condo, but current tenant does not want to show for viewing.

I want to sell my condo but the current tenant is not cooperating in showing to potential buyers. Infact he is not allowing anyone to view.

Of course I respect his privacy and completely understand his situation.

What right do I have to have my property open for viewing.

I have screened many buyers so that I make sure I allow only the most serious buyers to limit the number of visits to 1 or maybe 2 a month.

Eviction.

Then you can show the vacant condo to anyone you like, whenever you like.

I would not call it eviction as the tenant has not defaulted on the agreement. My leases all contain rights to terminate the agreement by either party with notice. Edited by trogers

Is the problem that the tenant values his privacy? Or does he not want to be turfed out?

If the latter, you might consider selling the condo with the tenant in situ. The purchaser would then have a pre-let investment. If you explain this to the tenant he should be more cooperative.

Its Thailand, just drag him out by his hair and throw him down the stairs. Change the locks and then show the condo to an interested party. Easy, whats the problem?

He's bald and buff.

Pull him out by his ears then.

Good one, or use the bowling ball method!

Its Thailand, just drag him out by his hair and throw him down the stairs. Change the locks and then show the condo to an interested party. Easy, whats the problem?

He's bald and buff.

Then grab him by the family jewels and throw him down the stairs.

Give him notice to leave as per your contract with him.Be clear of his final day and the time to be out.Arrange a date for meter readings and final financial settlement between you.( normally 1 hour before his last day time slot).Write this down for him in big letters!!!!

Remind him his bond will be returned if he leaves everything in order.

Thank him for his custom ,but the property has now been SOLD.And the new owners want to moving in asap ( I know it has not been sold but say it has)

Assure him if his goods are not removed on this date ,you will arrange to have them removed and he will be charged all costs.Tell him not to be lazy or forget the date,because you don't want to be fighting with him.( smile thai style)

At this point it should be clear to him he is leaving,you should not have a problem.

On the day arrive on time. If he is not there clear his things and change the locks.

Give him notice to leave as per your contract with him.

It's a high risk strategy. He may well trash the place out of spite before moving out, and then disappear. He won't get his deposit back, but he'll have the satisfaction of having had revenge on you.

Give him notice to leave as per your contract with him.

It's a high risk strategy. He may well trash the place out of spite before moving out, and then disappear. He won't get his deposit back, but he'll have the satisfaction of having had revenge on you.

4 sure and leave a small or big droppings in your water tank too.

Hang on 4 the ride this now becomes a great value in buying condos for rental income untill the s--it hits the fanwhistling.gif

As others have said, it depends on the contract, but most have some sort of advance notice clause which allows you access.

Yes but only for the owner/landlord. Not for 25 unknown people that like to come and look at the condo

I guess it depends on what's in your contract, doesn't it? Plenty of contracts make provisions for such matters, it's not as if OP would be the first landlord in the history of renting to want to sell while tenant is there.

The tenancy agreement should contain a clause about allowing reasonable access with advance notice.

This is not needed since the provision for reasonable access is law, and a law allways take precedence over any contract clause.

Please check the Commercial and Civil Code of Thailand, Book 3, Title IV - Hire of Property, Section 555, "The hirer is bound to allow the letter or his agents to inspect the property hired at reasonable times."

http://www.thailawonline.com/en/thai-laws/civil-code.html

• Like 2

As others have said, it depends on the contract, but most have some sort of advance notice clause which allows you access.

Yes but only for the owner/landlord. Not for 25 unknown people that like to come and look at the condo

I guess it depends on what's in your contract, doesn't it? Plenty of contracts make provisions for such matters, it's not as if OP would be the first landlord in the history of renting to want to sell while tenant is there.

If he had it in the contract, he would not need to ask here

No. If a unit is up for sale then it's common for access for viewings to be foreseen in the rental contract. The normal phrasing would allow for a limited number of viewings per month at a time to be fixed by prior arrangement. The actual details would be down to individual negotiation of the contract, of course.

The tenancy agreement should contain a clause about allowing reasonable access with advance notice.

This is not needed since the provision for reasonable access is law, and a law allways take precedence over any contract clause.

Please check the Commercial and Civil Code of Thailand, Book 3, Title IV - Hire of Property, Section 555, "The hirer is bound to allow the letter or his agents to inspect the property hired at reasonable times."

But that would not include potential purchasers who are neither the owner nor his agents.

• Like 1

Kick the tenant out. They never show well with the tenant there anyways. Give him the month or two or whatever it is that you need to. Then once empty you can show and sell the place at will.

That may be good advice in places where property is priced to sell in a reasonable time-frame.

Here it is common for property to be for rent and on sale for years. So if you kick a good tenant out that may mean several years of rent lost. As mentioned, some people may actually appreciate having a sitting tenant.

Kick the tenant out. They never show well with the tenant there anyways. Give him the month or two or whatever it is that you need to. Then once empty you can show and sell the place at will.

That may be good advice in places where property is priced to sell in a reasonable time-frame.

Here it is common for property to be for rent and on sale for years. So if you kick a good tenant out that may mean several years of rent lost. As mentioned, some people may actually appreciate having a sitting tenant.

Must be a TIT situation eh? Sits for sale with the tenant for years because the tenant prevents the sale with their presence. Not priced to sell anyways. Might as well go piss into the wind if you aren't prices to sell.

From what I gather Real Estate is an oddball thing in Thailand...

Give him notice to leave as per your contract with him.Be clear of his final day and the time to be out.Arrange a date for meter readings and final financial settlement between you.( normally 1 hour before his last day time slot).Write this down for him in big letters!!!!

Remind him his bond will be returned if he leaves everything in order.

Thank him for his custom ,but the property has now been SOLD.And the new owners want to moving in asap ( I know it has not been sold but say it has)

Assure him if his goods are not removed on this date ,you will arrange to have them removed and he will be charged all costs.Tell him not to be lazy or forget the date,because you don't want to be fighting with him.( smile thai style)

At this point it should be clear to him he is leaving,you should not have a problem.

On the day arrive on time. If he is not there clear his things and change the locks.

Stupid and over the top advice. Just give notice as per the contract. No need for all the threatening nonsense.