Want to sell condo, but current tenant does not want to show for viewing.

As others have said, it depends on the contract, but most have some sort of advance notice clause which allows you access.

Yes but only for the owner/landlord. Not for 25 unknown people that like to come and look at the condo

Unless you know the OP, how do you know what the contract says? My contracts with my tenants allows reasonable access to show prospective tenants/buyers around the property. It's quite normal. Even my agents can show people around. It doesn't have to be me. I've never had a tenant who wan't ok with this. Current tenants even said they'll make sure place is kept extra clean for when people come to view. That is the norm if you have good tenants.

I doubt you'd have 25 potential buyers show up. More likely 1 a month or less. If they were properly vetted beforehand then you might only get one viewing every few months.

A hefty rent increase might be a good starting point. I've been on all sides of this equation. I had a house for sale in a housing development and agents would expect to be able to come right in, just because they were in the neighborhood. 24 hours notice is more than reasonable......4 hours is fair enough......you can still lose buyer's though......there are also norms for showing times like 10-7 or thereabouts. Real buyers like empty places......although, as stated, some do sell with tenant in place.....can cause issue with deposit, damages, painting, inspections, routine maintenance........

Give him notice to leave as per your contract with him.

It's a high risk strategy. He may well trash the place out of spite before moving out, and then disappear. He won't get his deposit back, but he'll have the satisfaction of having had revenge on you.

Yet more nonsense. He has no reason to trash the place. Do you think he wants to be arrested for criminal damage? Obviously you have no idea about renting and just repeat what the other trolls on here say.

It's a high risk strategy. He may well trash the place out of spite before moving out, and then disappear. He won't get his deposit back, but he'll have the satisfaction of having had revenge on you.

Yet more nonsense. He has no reason to trash the place. Do you think he wants to be arrested for criminal damage? Obviously you have no idea about renting and just repeat what the other trolls on here say.

Yes, in his mind he might have reason to trash the place. He probably feels bitter about being thrown out of what he considers him home.

If he goes to another town, or even leaves the country, there's pretty much zero percent change he'll be arrested for criminal damage.

Obviously it's you who has no idea about the realities of renting and living in Thailand.

Also, it's time for the landlord to realize that there is a 12.5% tax on leases.....and they can come bite you in the arse for several years worth. And, you are required to inform immigration when you rent to a farang......keep that in mind before you seek police assistance.

Yes, in his mind he might have reason to trash the place. He probably feels bitter about being thrown out of what he considers him home.

If he goes to another town, or even leaves the country, there's pretty much zero percent change he'll be arrested for criminal damage.

Obviously it's you who has no idea about the realities of renting and living in Thailand.

You have no idea who the tenant is, so how can you say he probably feels bitter? He might be happy to move out and find a new place. Don't mistake the way other may act for the way you might act. Not everyone thinks like you. He would almost certainly be arrested if he trashed the place. You obviously don't knw much about law enforcement here.

As others have said, it depends on the contract, but most have some sort of advance notice clause which allows you access.

Yes but only for the owner/landlord. Not for 25 unknown people that like to come and look at the condo
No. If a unit is up for sale then it's common for access for viewings to be foreseen in the rental contract. The normal phrasing would allow for a limited number of viewings per month at a time to be fixed by prior arrangement. The actual details would be down to individual negotiation of the contract, of course.

If he already had all that in the contract, then he would not ask the question here

Unless you know the OP, how do you know what the contract says? My contracts with my tenants allows reasonable access to show prospective tenants/buyers around the property. It's quite normal. Even my agents can show people around. It doesn't have to be me. I've never had a tenant who wan't ok with this. Current tenants even said they'll make sure place is kept extra clean for when people come to view. That is the norm if you have good tenants.

I doubt you'd have 25 potential buyers show up. More likely 1 a month or less. If they were properly vetted beforehand then you might only get one viewing every few months.

If he had it in the contract. Then there would be no problem. And no need to ask the question here. He would of course also tell us in his post, if he made the post when everything already was perfectly clear in the contract Edited by larsjohnsson