Tourist Visa OZ 3 months Requires Medical

Has anyone ever had to do a medical for a three month tourist visa to Australia?

My TGF was called today and told to do a medical before they will issue a 3 month tourist visa.

She has had a lot of tourist visas before and they never required a medical test?

Trolley. My gf just obtained a 3 month. No medical required.

There is a section on application asking about existing/past medical conditions (pretty sure) . Did she disclose something in that section that would trigger it. Spoken to a few people that obtained a 3 month and none required a medical.

Like the other lads have said, it is not a mandatory requirement.

However, a visa officer may ask for one at their discretion. It would be pointless talking about what may have triggered them to ask for one, it is probably just best to contact the VO and ask them directly.

However, a visa officer may ask for one at their discretion. It would be pointless talking about what may have triggered them to ask for one, it is probably just best to contact the VO and ask them directly.

Yes I have never heard of it but as you say it is at their discretion.

So she had to travel back to Bangkok yesterday and then go to Bangkok Hospital to get a chest xray done which was then sent off to the embassy.

We didn't indicate anything on the medical section of the visa application that would have necessitated doing a medial.

Hopefully hear something back today or tomorrow.

Thnks

Why do people on tv insist on being so having an opinion more enlightened than someone else.

I have had a lot of feedback from people that have gone through the process. I tell you pal something has triggered it. Unless she is over 75 or as David suggests ticked 6 month by mistake. There would be no reason for medical check. Something did in fact TRIGGER it.

Easist thing now is just obtain the medical.

Why do people on tv insist on being so having an opinion more enlightened than someone else.

I have had a lot of feedback from people that have gone through the process. I tell you pal something has triggered it. Unless she is over 75 or as David suggests ticked 6 month by mistake. There would be no reason for medical check. Something did in fact TRIGGER it.

Easist thing now is just obtain the medical.

Not too sure what sparked that comment off, but what I mean is that VO's have the discretion to make such a request, and because of that, it would be pointless delving into "why" one was requested without having a chat to the VO/DIBP. We all have different experiences and I am sure we all have heard different stories. The thing with immigration, is that there are no hard and fast rules as VOs have the discretion (and in some cases absolute discretion) when applying immigration policy. Like you said, easiest thing to do now is to just obtain the medical. If the OP wants to know why one is needed, then contact the VO.

Cheers

Liam

• Like 1

I filled in the form asking for a three month visa.

I can only guess it is because we have had so many tourist visas before. I think this is the seventh one in the last 10 years three of which were 12 month visas.

Tolley, thanks for coming back with your reply as it's interesting News you bring with this.

Also ... a personal Award ... that is the most number of Tourist Visas that I have heard of an Applicant having received.

Heck ... with that record ... 'tis should be you, and not I and the other guys offering Visa Advice ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I got all the detail of how to apply for tourist visas off this site.

I had friends who paid 90k for tourist visas thru agents and I felt like I could do it myself.

I was told no more tourist visas two visas ago but have still managed to get more.

I expect to get an answer today on the latest application.

Asked my wife, like the rest say no medical for 3 but yes for a 6 month.

That sure is a heap of tourist visas op, quite impressive!

Can you remember what they cost 10 years ago?

Not sure of the cost but the turnaround time was longer.

The reason I have applied for so many is that I have been in and out of Thailand and have worked offshore and onshore in Australia over the last 15 years so I never know where I am going to be.

I don't want to live in Oz fulltime and I don't want my gal spoilt by living in Oz. The Thais tend to lost their thainess when they are outside of their country for a long time. Anyway she likes Thailand and doesn't like staying too long in Ozeither so it suits both parties.

• Like 2