The Dude Digs Beer Lao

The Dude

Well, make that a couple of ice cold puppies. Was hanging at my local Nana pool bar when I glanced over and saw a couple of dudes slam banging brews in an unfamiliar bottle. Didn't sink in at 1st but then after a while The Dude says to himself, "<deleted> are these dudes hammering?". So The Dude goes over to said dudes and says "what do you got there dudes, beer Lao or something?"

They said yes that was exactly what it was. I took the bottle and did an inspection as it was 1st time I have seen the stuff. They had sure enough whited out the tiger on the bottle as I had heard. Maybe Tiger beer made em do it. Thats a labor intensive job. Anyway, I ordered one and it went down very smooth and quick so I followed it up with a 2nd. ditto. I plan to bring some shovels to the bar tonite cause I dig that beer. Oh the price was 100 baht, same as heine. can you dig it?

Well, make that a couple of ice cold puppies. Was hanging at my local Nana pool bar when I glanced over and saw a couple of dudes slam banging brews in an unfamiliar bottle. Didn't sink in at 1st but then after a while The Dude says to himself, "<deleted> are these dudes hammering?". So The Dude goes over to said dudes and says "what do you got there dudes, beer Lao or something?"

They said yes that was exactly what it was. I took the bottle and did an inspection as it was 1st time I have seen the stuff. They had sure enough whited out the tiger on the bottle as I had heard. Maybe Tiger beer made em do it. Thats a labor intensive job. Anyway, I ordered one and it went down very smooth and quick so I followed it up with a 2nd. ditto. I plan to bring some shovels to the bar tonite cause I dig that beer. Oh the price was 100 baht, same as heine. can you dig it?

The Kid thinks The Dude is paying too much for Beer Lao. The Kid thinks Thai people won't pay 100 baht to drink a bottle that says Lao on the side. The Kid thinks that it isn't enough of a status symbol.

Kid out.

Monochaser! Where are you when the board needs you???

:o he is in Laos now drinking beer there. Maybe he posts now on the laos expat Forum...telling them the "good time" he had in Thailand.

rcm :D

Monochaser! Where are you when the board needs you???

:o he is in Laos now drinking beer there. Maybe he posts now on the laos expat Forum...telling them the "good time" he had in Thailand.

rcm :D

...and if he only knew that he could have the same brew now in Nana, where he could sit down after an exhausting day of collecting signatures for better and cheaper beer in Thailand! :D

Not sure what is going on with the whole Beer Lao thing as it is quite peculiar. We have it being offered at a number of bars and appears to have been for a few months, however many bars still do not carry it and it is not offered at the retail level anywhere that I can see. Also from what I see is that a rather large one time shipment came down and is being sold off. Will more be coming? This is the question right now. It seems that all of the brew that is around has a March 18 date on it which indicates a one time shipment as opposed to a regular delivery. Who knows where it goes from here. Rather than gather steam, it might just fade away