living in chiang mai

camsouth

Mooban living is a middle class boring approach to life in cm. Cookie cutter homes with laundry drying in the front yard. There are few rules and you can have a motor bike repaired shop open across the street. It's for people who want to surround themselves with other farangs and fancy themselves pioneers and expats

No foreigners in my moobaan, I wouldn't be living there if there was.

Maybe you're the reason there are no other foreigners there. biggrin.png

No, I'm not a foreigner either.

^^^

And let's not forget Kad Suan Kaew aka KSK which is the oldest and LoSo of the bunch but is still the favorite of us true Chiang Mai expatriots... It has the only food court in the city with tower beer kegs and live music for free in the evenings!... Try to live walking distance to here at first...

I live a few steps away from KSK and am in there at least 5 times weekly. One of these days, I need to round up 3 or 4 friends, plop down in the Blue Food Court (that's what the Thais call it, too, you know) and down one of those beer towers while listening to the really bad Elvis impersonator. He's styling what Elvis would have looked like if he'd lived to age 70. It just doesn't get any better than this here in Chiang Mai for my money!

• Like 2

^^^

And let's not forget Kad Suan Kaew aka KSK which is the oldest and LoSo of the bunch but is still the favorite of us true Chiang Mai expatriots... It has the only food court in the city with tower beer kegs and live music for free in the evenings!... Try to live walking distance to here at first...

I live a few steps away from KSK and am in there at least 5 times weekly. One of these days, I need to round up 3 or 4 friends, plop down in the Blue Food Court (that's what the Thais call it, too, you know) and down one of those beer towers while listening to the really bad Elvis impersonator. He's styling what Elvis would have looked like if he'd lived to age 70. It just doesn't get any better than this here in Chiang Mai for my money!

Please please let it get better. tongue.png