'O-A' visa and 800,000 baht savings route

If I obtain an 'O-A' visa (multiple entry) in the UK for example on 26 September 2014 and enter Thailand on 20 December 2014 (there are reasons for having to obtain the visa in September) on entry to Thailand will I be given a permission to stay until 19 December 2015 or 25 September 2015?

If I leave Thailand and return on 20 April 2015 I think I will be given permission to stay until 19 April 2015?

If I do not then return until November 2015 after my visa has expired what happens? Am I given permission to stay until 19 April 2015? As my multi entry 'O-A' visa has expired whilst I am out of Thailand does this cause me problems?

Using the dates above is the first time I have to go to immigration to renew my visa and show proof of 800,000 baht savings in April 2017?

Once again many thanks for everyone's feedback.

These questions have been replied many, many times, had you searched before asking.

With O-A visa you are permitted to stay one year from the day that you enter.

If you are out of the country after the "enter before" date AND you don't have a re-entry permit, visa has expired and it not usable anymore.

Consequently, it best to make an entry close to the "enter before", then (if needed) get a re-entry permit at immigration. This way, the visa can be used for almost two years.

Edited by paz

Each time you enter Thailand on a multi-entry non O-A you will be given a 1 year permission to stay, so if you do a border hop just before the 'enter before' date on your visa you can squeeze nearly two years out of a single visa.

Once your visa has expired you need a re-entry permit to keep your permission to stay alive.

Citing your example:-

If I leave Thailand and return on 20 April 2015 I think I will be given permission to stay until 19 April 2015?
If I do not then return until November 2015 after my visa has expired what happens?

If you obtain a re-entry permit before you leave Thailand you will indeed get a stamp until April.

If I do not then return until November 2015 after my visa has expired what happens?

If you obtain a re-entry permit before you leave Thailand you will indeed get a stamp until April.

Re-entry permit is not needed for returning april 2015. It would be needed for re-entering after the "enter before" date, e.g. 3 sep 2015 for a visa issued today.

Edited by paz

Re-entry permit is not needed for returning april 2015. It would be needed for re-entering after the "enter before" date, e.g. 3 sep 2015 for a visa issued today.

Correct.

That's the route I took (DC Embassy) and after seeing what people are paying agents here in CNX; I think it was clearly the best, most cost effective way to do it. I had a little trouble finding an affordable way to get the medical certificate signed, but found a "travel medicine" physician in DC that guaranteed it would work for 55 USD. Local police report was free. I hear Chicago and NY want the stuff notarized which is kind of BS. Always smooth sailing in LA. DC is strict, but they will accept computer printouts of bank statements. A true FBI criminal check would really bite......could be the next shoe to drop, but for now a trip to the local PD is good enough.

That's the route I took (DC Embassy) and after seeing what people are paying agents here in CNX; I think it was clearly the best, most cost effective way to do it. I had a little trouble finding an affordable way to get the medical certificate signed, but found a "travel medicine" physician in DC that guaranteed it would work for 55 USD. Local police report was free. I hear Chicago and NY want the stuff notarized which is kind of BS. Always smooth sailing in LA. DC is strict, but they will accept computer printouts of bank statements. A true FBI criminal check would really bite......could be the next shoe to drop, but for now a trip to the local PD is good enough.

Only Chicago and Los Angeles require the supporting documents for an O-A to be notarized. The Consulate in New York and the Embassy in Washington have no such requirements

Edited by Langsuan Man