Where to buy Dunlop TT900's for Yamaha Nouvo Elegance in Chiang Mai?

bassinurface

Hi guys,

I am the proud new owner of a Yamaha Nouvo Elegance. After some tweaking the bike is now running great, however I need some new rubber. I mainly ride 25km each way of highway everyday. From research it appears that Dunlop TT900's would be a good tyres to go for (possibly Michelin Pilot Sporty's too), i'm looking for 80-90 16's on the front, and 90 - 90 16's on the back.

Do you agree that these are good tyres to go for, I want something that is good in the wet and good for fast highway riding (80kph+).

Any other suggestions welcome and places to buy the tyres in Chiang Mai appreciated, ideas on prices would be helpful too!

Thanks

Rich

just gone through the process of looking for 80/90-16 tyres. Not much to choose from in that size that is half decent, Mich don't make/sell the Pilot Sporty that size in Thailand anymore but now have the Pilot Street. Appears that the Street is slightly more durable than the Sporty, not sure how grip is affected.

i ordered a set from "Ek Paiboon Yang Yont" in Bkk (02) 222-7535 on Tuesday, i sent an email to Khun Pairoj toger0 at yahoo.com who speaks english and i should have the tyres tomorrow. 930 Baht each plus 100 baht deliver to Sattahip. i've dealt with him before and he is usually fairly prompt.

Don't know what size rim you have on the back but it is not recommended to go 90/90-16 on a 1.6" rim.

If you email Michelin Thailand through their website they'll let you know if there is a dealer in CM.

http://michelin.co.th/then/About-Michelin/Contact-Us/

post-70604-0-31675500-1409741602_thumb.p

Edited by taichiplanet

Thanks for the input guys.

It appears that to get 80/90-16 and 90/90-16's in the same make and model, leaves only Michelin Pilot Sporty tyres. It seems that a few shops can still get hold of these, from reading the reviews I would've liked to have got hold on the Pilot Street in these sizes, but they appear to only be available in 80/90-16, and I'm not convinced about having the same size on front and rear, but then again my knowledge of scooters is almost nothing.

Cheers

Rich

Thanks for the input guys.

It appears that to get 80/90-16 and 90/90-16's in the same make and model, leaves only Michelin Pilot Sporty tyres. It seems that a few shops can still get hold of these, from reading the reviews I would've liked to have got hold on the Pilot Street in these sizes, but they appear to only be available in 80/90-16, and I'm not convinced about having the same size on front and rear, but then again my knowledge of scooters is almost nothing.

Cheers

Rich

90/90 on rear of Nuovo will risk clearance problems.

My SX has 90/80 Michelin.

Sweet.

Edited by papa al