Re-entering just before Non Imm O-A visa expires with a re-entry permit stamp.

I have a multiple entry Non-Imm O-A visa that expires on Oct 29, 2014. I last entered LOS on July 17, 2014 and my permission to stay is good until July 17, 2015.

I am planning a trip abroad soon and may not be back before the visa expires on Oct 29, 2014. I plan to get a multiple re-entry permit before I leave, in case I miss the Oct 29, 2014 visa validity deadline. I will use a return date of Nov 1, 2014 on my application form for the Multi re-entry permit.
Question: If I return before Oct 29, 2014, while my visa is still valid, will Immigration overlook the re-entry permit, allow entry on my original visa and thereby extend my permission to stay out to 365 days from the date of my return to LOS? …or will they simply let me in and hold me to the July 17, 2015 permission to stay date currently stamped in my passport?
I also presume that the re-entry permit will expire on July 17, 2015...correct?
My air tickets have me back at BKK on Oct. 24, but I don't want to chance missing the deadline on my current visa in case something happens to interrupt my trip or if I decide to "hang out" longer while overseas. I plan to note the Non-Imm O-A visa number on my arrival card if I DO get back before Oct. 29, 2014.
Thanks for your suggestions and advice.

On your arrival card you need to put the visa number. If you come in before it expires, put the O-A number in that space. If you arrive after that date, put the re-entry permit number.

Most likely he'll go with whichever you indicate. No reason for him to go searching for anything else. If the visa hasn't expired, pretty sure he wouldn't quarrel with using the visa and stamping you in for another year.

I also presume that the re-entry permit will expire on July 17, 2015...correct?

Your re-entry permit will expire the same date your permission to stay expires ... the permission to stay you have when you apply for the re-entry. If you get a new permission to stay before the O-A expires, that won't add any more time to the re-entry permit that was already entered into your passport.

Edited by Suradit69