I need up to date info for US Citizen how to get Married ? Big Bill asking !

TheWizardofRnR

5 years ago I went and did all the Embassy stuff , which is getting my Divorce paper notarized , I cannot remember if anything else is done at Embassy?

I still have a notarized paper that was for the Divorce paper, you would think since it just certifies that my Divorce paper from USA said it was granted , that it would still be accepted ...the Divorce paper is at least 30 years ago ! The Notarize letter is 5 yrs. old

, I never got to the Office of Foreign Affairs and we went back to Phuket assuming all had been done....we had our translation done in Phuket , that was a mistake , then we went back to Phuket and they were suppose to open the Office of Foreign Affairs there but the economic downturn stopped that from being built and opened.

So now Flower & I live in Naklua near Pattaya , and Flower said there was a law office or business office that for 15,000B does it all?

I cannot believe they can do the notarized divorce paper ,if mine is not acceptable after so long., but you never know.

So what I am asking ,cause my mind is 5 years older and we need to get this right ,cause I am applying for my VA pension and after 14 years together the USA will only accept our registered relationship to help increase my VA Pension benefit. I want to get this done right ,because if we are married legally for one year , the service officer aiding me in filing , that Flower would receive a widow's survivor entitlement should I pass away. Those of my friends who know Flower and myself ,know how lucky I have been to have met and lived together as we have for these many years! Especially cause after i finished at Rock Hard in Patong and having to close our Deli in Patong & frozen food & Pickle biz due to Phuket going downhill and my heath deteriorating......lets just say , its been a tough time lately! Funny , when you aren't running a go-go bar anymore how many supposed friends , forget about you especially if your health isn't too good !

So , if anyone can tell me the best way to get this done nowdays , and for a better cost then 15,000B ,it will be much appreciated !

We don't have allot of money at this time the DELI & Hospitals took most of it , and although my VA Pension will be retro active to April 2014 ,

for now its just the SS that we live on . Thanks for any help , we could also use anyone who might volunteer to drive a wheelchaired guy to get it done ,I am not ashamed to ask after almost 30 years in Thailand , there are still some really good people here , that's why I choose to stay here ,rather then go back.....Thx , Big Bill

!post-35854-0-62327000-1409730083_thumb.p

Ok ,I looked on the post before mine and a link to US Embassy with instructions there same as before I think , nothing new!

So , only question would be , is there anyplace in Pattaya area that does the whole process for you . I do not think they can because of needing the Notarized page that you need to get translated or does anyone know anything to differ with that process , so a Law firm can get it all done? That means Notarized Embassy letter ,translations and stamped paperwork by bureau of foreign Affairs office ? Then the registering at the Amphur , which if anyone knows where that is in Naklua where we live ?

or do we need register in Pattaya or Bangkok ? Locations if someone knows ???

Ok ,I looked on the post before mine and a link to US Embassy with instructions there same as before I think , nothing new!

So , only question would be , is there anyplace in Pattaya area that does the whole process for you . I do not think they can because of needing the Notarized page that you need to get translated or does anyone know anything to differ with that process , so a Law firm can get it all done? That means Notarized Embassy letter ,translations and stamped paperwork by bureau of foreign Affairs office ? Then the registering at the Amphur , which if anyone knows where that is in Naklua where we live ?

or do we need register in Pattaya or Bangkok ? Locations if someone knows ???

Go tto the consulate and get an affidavit of you current status. Then go to the local amphur office and register your marriage. Of course passport and other ID's will be required.