Whats my options?

Hello

I'm(33 years old male) now on my last 30 days of my 4th tourist VISA in a row. I was fortunate to sign my one year lease agreement at the end of the may, just before all new rules apply. Is any option i could live here till next summer?

I'm freelancer. All my income comes from Russia. I have a lot of WU bills and international transfer marks in my Kasikorn book.

I'm living here with my Russian wife(same same VISA problem) and 1 year old baby.

I don't really want to lose my double deposit. And we wanna grow up our babe here for one more year.

Cause we are living here for almost 5 years already(a lot of goods,car and etc) - risk of turning back on the border is unacceptable.

500K Elitecard for us is not an option, cause we were willing to come back in Russia next year anyway. I wish i knew about it before.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Yury

Where have you been getting your tourist visas?

You may just have to go to a different embassy or consulate to get another one.

You will not get turned back at the border unless you are trying to get back to back 30 day visa exempt entries.

Where have you been getting your tourist visas?

You may just have to go to a different embassy or consulate to get another one.

You will not get turned back at the border unless you are trying to get back to back 30 day visa exempt entries.

Received 4 doubles (2+1 and 2+1) VISA in Laos started in 2012. 4 Cambodian VISA-Runs between them. I heard the is no way i can get 5th one in a row....

We are changing our passports for new ones but they are gonna be ready only in the middle of the October. Basically we needs one month of extension to be good....
Edited by YuryBalyasnikov

The only border crossings where people have been turned back with a valid tourist visa was in the south and that was people who had several visa exempt entries before going for the visa.

You will not have a problem entering with a valid visa.

You would at the least get a single entry visa in Laos. The probably was for a 2 entry.

You dont want to hear the words probably and might, then you need to get an immigration visa and stop "living" here on tourist visas.

Would replace "immigration visa" with non-immigrant visa, but agree with your sentiment although I sympathize with Yury & his concern for his family.

Unfortunately too many threads on TV are looking for even more ways to circumvent the spirit, if not the letter of the law with regards to visas and permissions to stay. Someone staying here for years on a succession of tourist visas may manage to do it within the law, but it is hardly the purpose for which tourist visas exist and, the more this sort of thing is exploited, the more likely some greater scrutiny for "tourists" in future ... just as there is now greater scrutiny of "students" here on ed visas & extensions.

At times it seems like mischievous football players trying to get away with something while the ref is looking the other way.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

might and probably are not the words i wanna hear travelling with my wife and 1 year old baby sad.png

You can be stopped on the border even if you have VISA in your passport. I cant afford returning in Russia leaving all my stuff behind

Understandable, but Ubonjoe is right. Usually you get a red warning stamp in your passport if the embassy in Vientiane does not want to issue you Visas anymore. Did you get a warning stamp last time? So even though you don't want to hear "might" and "probably".........I don't think Ubonjoe can guarantee you anything.

Maybe take a 5 day vacation to Cambodia to get your Visas there.....or pay an agent to get them sooner?

• Like 1

Where in Laos did you get all your visas ?

Savannakhet is more generous than others, that would be the place to go if you want to apply for one single entry until the new passport arrives,
I think you would get a single entry, but even if you don't get one, then stay at least a week there, so that it looks like you're on holiday with your family.

Then fly back directly from Laos to Bangkok (it's expensive, I know), and then I don't see why they should turn you down at the airport, since you don't seem to have back to back 30 days stamps ?

For information, i was also a bit concerned last time, I had already 3 doubles entries, and applied for a single entry in savannakhet .

The guy checked my passport thoroughly and didn't say a word although it was quite full, had already 3 double entries, all obtained at the same place.

At the border, they didn't even check for previous tourists visas.

"You probably can another 2 entry in Laos. Just be prepared to show that you have funds coming from abroad and proof of residence (lease agreement)."

Doesn't showing them a new, 12 month lease agreement just confirm that he is not a tourist and give them a reason to knock him back? Friiend of mine applied with his filipina GF in Lao for a tourist visa for her, when he showed them his Retirement visa and his apartment lease to prove she had somewhere to stay and support, the woman said...she stay with you, she not a tourist, and refused them.