changing extension based on marriage

Marriage certificate and Kor Ror 2.

Wife's house book and ID card.

I had a previous Thai marriage and divorce.

Subsequent to that, I did a "Thai wife" extension in 2004. I didn't say anything about the previous marriage and neither did Immigration.

Earlier this year I tried for the Thai wife extension and Immigration knew about the previous marriage and wanted to see the divorce paper (I think).

I'm also trying for a "yellow book" just so the good folks at CW have one less thing to question in the future.

Two years ago they asked for my wife's 24 year old divorce certificate after 4 extension done already. That came up during the interview for the statement with new staff at immigration up here. Luckily we had a copy at home. It is now included in the stack of paper work when we apply for the extension.

Perhaps your wife mentioned your previous marriage in the interview.

You can change the reason for your extension of stay to marriage. You do not need to go out for a visa.

You will need a bank letter showing 400k baht and your bank book showing that it has been in the bank for 2 months or proof 40k baht income.

Map to your residence.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One photo must be of you both under or next to the house number.

Copies of your passport photo page. visa, entry/permit to stay stamp, most recent extension stamp and TM6 departure card.

I don't think the order really matters. If they don't like they move them around. I do mine, passport copies, financial docs, marriage docs, wife docs, proof of residence, map and then photos.

You put non immigrant ED in the visa space.

If u put 400k in atm on street, then update book. And then go next day take 100k from atm and next day 100k until u take 400k back in 4 day. Never update book so its still 400k on it. And then go 3 months later showing that book? Would that works? I mean i got friend who need to use that 400k...

you must be living in the moon! to say this better you dont post anything.blink.png

Last time i had to document my 400 k, I had to go and put in 500 Bath same day as I apply for extension.

They want to be sure the bank book is updated.

I had the money in the bank for 2 month(- 2 day) which cause do mo to deny extension, so I went to laos.

and had to start all over with new 4 years before I can have PR

Edited by Muggi1968

Last time i had to document my 400 k, I had to go and put in 500 Bath same day as I apply for extension.

They want to be sure the bank book is updated.

I had the money in the bank for 2 month(- 2 day) which cause do mo to deny extension, so I went to laos.

and had to start all over with new 4 years before I can have PR

At that time you could have obtained a 7 days extension, to gain the 2 or 3 days that were needed before re-applying.

Now with the new rules that (re-apply during 7 days extension) is not even possible anymore.

You can change the reason for your extension of stay to marriage. You do not need to go out for a visa.

You will need a bank letter showing 400k baht and your bank book showing that it has been in the bank for 2 months or proof 40k baht income.

Map to your residence.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One photo must be of you both under or next to the house number.

Copies of your passport photo page. visa, entry/permit to stay stamp, most recent extension stamp and TM6 departure card.

I don't think the order really matters. If they don't like it they will move them around. I do mine, passport copies, financial docs, marriage docs, wife docs, proof of residence, map and then photos.

You put non immigrant ED in the visa space.

Joe, my experience with Immigration in Sakhon Nakhon was different though my circumstances were identical with what was posted by the OP.

I was told to get out of the country, go to Laos and come back on a Non_O which they would then consider for extension based on marriage. They would not change my Ed Visa. There is absolutely no consistency by immigration in dissemination of information across the country I am afraid to report.

May I ask when you did this? The date? I ask because it seems everything is changing because of the ED visa changes on Aug. 29

I will be going to Bangkok imagration in CW

Your wife needs nothing more than her ID and house book. She will do a statement as part of an interview that immigration will print out and have you both sign it.

Never been to CW so can't help with that info.l

Ubonjoe me and my wife are wondering about the house book.

Do we need to bring the original with 2 copies or just copies? And the copies should be just her page or all the pages?

She says the original is with her parents.

Edited by keithet

Your wife needs nothing more than her ID and house book. She will do a statement as part of an interview that immigration will print out and have you both sign it.

Do we need to bring the original with 2 copies or just copies? And the copies should be just her page or all the pages?

Copies will be enough. She will need copies of the page that has the address and name of the house master on it and the page that she is on.

Copies will be enough. She will need copies of the page that has the address and name of the house master on it and the page that she is on.
Thank you so much! And also I heard I should provide two copies of everything right?

Would this include two copies of my income affidavit from embassy, and photos of us at home? And two copies from my school that I stopped studies? Or is there certain items one original is enouph?

Thank you so much! And also I heard I should provide two copies of everything right?

Would this include two copies of my income affidavit from embassy, and photos of us at home? And two copies from my school that I stopped studies? Or is there certain items o

Unless you are applying in Bangkok you will need 2 TM7 application forms with attached documents.

Original of income affidavit for one set of documents and copy for the other.

You should not need but he original letter from the school but one copy would be advisable in case needed.

Everything else you will need 2 copies.

Would this include two copies of my income affidavit from embassy, and photos of us at home? And two copies from my school that I stopped studies? Or is there certain items o

Unless you are applying in Bangkok you will need 2 TM7 application forms with attached documents.

Original of income affidavit for one set of documents and copy for the other.

You should not need but he original letter from the school but one copy would be advisable in case needed.

Everything else you will need 2 copies.

Yes I will apply at Bangkok. So I should fill out 2. Tm7 just in case?

Also I will put 365days on my tm7 and then they will give me a 30 day stamp for evaluation. When I go in after the evaluation period do I have to provide all my documents again? And a new tm7?

Documents being copies of everything and photos like I provided on the first visit. And also bring my wife again? She will want to go anyway but just asking.

Edited by keithet

Yes I will apply at Bangkok. So I should fill out 2. Tm7 just in case?

Also I will put 365days on my tm7 and then they will give me a 30 day stamp for evaluation. When I go in after the evaluation period do I have to provide all my documents again? And a new tm7?

Documents being copies of everything and photos like I provided on the first visit. And also bring my wife again? She will want to go anyway but just asking.

You will only need one TM7 and attached documents.

You will apply for a 365 day extension and after it is accepted you will be given a under consideration stamp with a report back date 30 days later on it.

You need nothing but yourself and your passport when you go back to get the one year extension stamp.