Thai Lion Air to launch Phuket-Bangkok with B515 fare

webfact

Thai Lion Air to launch Phuket-Bangkok with B515 fare
Saran Mitrarat

1409801612_1-org.jpg
Thai Lion Air will use Boeing 737-900 ER aircraft for the Phuket-Bangkok Route. Photo Alec Wilson

PHUKET: -- New low cost carrier Thai Lion Air is to launch five destinations in its domestic network this month, including Phuket-Bangkok.

“The five new routes will begin in September with flights between Don Muang Airport and Udon Thani, Surat Thani, Krabi and Phuket, as well as between Haad Yai and Udon Thani,” said Numpon Rungsawang, Sales and Marketing Manager of Thai Lion Air.

“We have two hubs, one in Bangkok and the other in Haad Yai,” he added.

Daily flights between Phuket and Bangkok will begin on September 15, with one flight a day, taking off from Bangkok at 5:45pm, arriving in Phuket at 7:10pm, with the return flight taking off at 8pm and landing in Bangkok at 9:25pm.

Thai Lion Air, a subsidiary of Lion Air of Indonesia, had a faltering start as political unrest deterred flights to and from Thailand, but now, said Mr Numpon, “The low cost airlines businesses is growing rapidly and it is the time for Thai Lion Air to introduce its products and service while expanding the network in Thailand.

“In the future, we expect to increase frequency on the Phuket-Bangkok route to five flights a day,” he added.

During the introductory period, until October 31, the airline is offering a fare of B515 from Phuket to Bangkok, including a 15kg baggage allowance. The return flight is priced at B665.

“The ticket price is normally about B1,000,” Mr Numpon said.

The route will be served using two new Boeing 737-900ER aircraft, from a total of 780 new aircraft the parent airline recently committed to buy.

“This aircraft is the latest model offered by Boeing and comes equipped with the latest cockpit and cabin innovations including adjustable sky interior, spacious legroom and upgraded avionics,” Mr Numpon explained.

Bookings may be made online at lionairthai.com, by calling 02 529 9999 or through local travel agents.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/thai-lion-air-to-launch-phuket-bangkok-with-b515-fare-48551.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-09-04

Four crashes since 2002. The last one the pilot completely missed the runway at Bali and flopped it into the ocean.

Pilots have tested positive for, and been caught in possession of, Methamphetamine.

Think I'd rather pay a bit more with someone else.

post-18822-0-40249500-1409807947_thumb.j

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 1

Four crashes since 2002. The last one the pilot completely missed the runway at Bali and flopped it into the ocean.

Pilots have tested positive for, and been caught in possession of, Methamphetamine.

attachicon.giflion-air-crash.JPG

Not really what happenned !

And Thai Lion Air is a Thailand airlines flying under a Thai Certificate of operation and regulations.

If you want read the official account for the Lion Air flight in Bali you can go to this page and at the bottom there is a link to the Official repport in .pdf.

http://news.aviation-safety.net/2014/09/01/poor-manual-flying-during-unstabilized-approach-causes-lion-air-737-crash-at-bali/

An April 2013 accident involving a Lion Air Boeing 737-800 was caused by poor manual flying during an unstabilized approach to Bali Airport. The airplane struck the water short of the runway. There were 101 passengers and seven crew members on board. All aboard survived.

The investigators also concluded that the pilots of accident aircraft were not provided with timely and accurate weather conditions.

Their web site isn't that user friendly either.

Can't be worse than Air Asia's.

I just can't stand even trying anymore so, fly Nok or Thai Airways for (very) slightly more.

This is a great price for Lion Air.

I'll also be keeping an eye on reviews and (hopefully) safety.

Indonesian or Thai pilots? Anyone know?

smile.png Why, do you have a preference, and if yes, based on what?

Once I knew a pilot, forgot from which Asian country he came. Because of lack of qualifications, only the Afghan national carrier was willing to hire him. He told me that on one occasion he was landing in Mumbai, but all of a sudden he was unpleasantly surprised to see waves instead of the runway, so he pulled up at the last moment.

And Thai Lion Air is a Thailand airlines flying under a Thai Certificate of operation and regulations.

If you want read the official account for the Lion Air flight in Bali you can go to this page and at the bottom there is a link to the Official repport in .pdf.

http://news.aviation-safety.net/2014/09/01/poor-manual-flying-during-unstabilized-approach-causes-lion-air-737-crash-at-bali/

An April 2013 accident involving a Lion Air Boeing 737-800 was caused by poor manual flying during an unstabilized approach to Bali Airport. The airplane struck the water short of the runway. There were 101 passengers and seven crew members on board. All aboard survived.

The investigators also concluded that the pilots of accident aircraft were not provided with timely and accurate weather conditions.

"Not really what happened" !!!

You, yourself, just proved exactly what I said about the plane missing the runway and flopping down in the drink!

Then you tried to distance the Thai version of the company from it's parent company! Are you having 2 bob each way?

Do you have a vested interest in Lion Air?

A very cheap airline, and I'm sure most flights will reach their destinations without difficulties.

Prospective customers should read the full report of the Bali crash and about the level of training provided to staff. (e.g. The crew didn't have a clue on how to evacuate passengers after the crash.)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/05/lion-air-crash-investigation-idUSL3N0R61JR20140905

"Not really what happened" !!!

You, yourself, just proved exactly what I said about the plane missing the runway and flopping down in the drink!

Then you tried to distance the Thai version of the company from it's parent company! Are you having 2 bob each way?

Do you have a vested interest in Lion Air?

A very cheap airline, and I'm sure most flights will reach their destinations without difficulties.

Prospective customers should read the full report of the Bali crash and about the level of training provided to staff. (e.g. The crew didn't have a clue on how to evacuate passengers after the crash.)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/05/lion-air-crash-investigation-idUSL3N0R61JR20140905

Sorry OldCroc, I am just a passenger using Thai Lion Air once in a while. I wish I were rich enough to be one of the non Thai owner.

Sure, Lion Air has training problems with their pilots but I hope Thai Lion Air does better in That field. Up to now, Thai Lion Air had no accident that I know of.

Thai Air Asia and Air Asia are two different compagny also. Both Airlines need 51 % Thai innvestors. I agree that The Air Asia Group seem to take training and safety seriouly. I hope THai Lion Air does the same.

Other than that , you are entitled to your opinion on the matter and I hope I can have mine too. Have a good day in CrocLand.

• Like 1

I have just booked a one way BKK to Phuket. 515 baht ??? Cheap or what...

As for Air Asia, too much hassle and you have to pay for luggage , and at the airport the ground staff are just so unorganised..

For,515 baht I will give these new guys a try.....

Please report back about how the flight / quality / service was if you could.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I just had a look at their web site, it wasn't too bad. Although it looks like the promotion fare is excluding a 115 Baht tax, fuel surcharge and airport fee. Also limit one carry on of 7 Kg. For the economy fare, which is 915 Baht, you get one 15 Kg checked bag too one way price. Pretty cheap! Last I flew Nok it was 1,600 Baht one way including checked bag. I did get a great fare on Air Asia R/T to DMK, for about 2,000 Baht. At least we have more choices now. Even Thai Air is pretty cheap. Just paid 1,850 one way to BKK and they will check through international baggage for no extra fee with most airlines.

Ugh, auto spell!

Edited by Jimi007
  • Like 1