Finally got a new job

Finally,in few days,I got a new job in Nakhorn Ratchasima.But there is a problem:they ask me to proof,for issue a wp,my school degree and my degree from Auspicious school in Florence.But I degree from both in 1993 and 1999 and they told me they no more have it.What I can do?For who gonna issue the wp,an autocertification will be fine?

Thanks a lot for any answer.

Is OK Costa's.You were kindly already to answer to me.I made this topic cause the old job doesn't required any of that documents,but now after the interview went fine,they asked me to show those two papers,that,unfortunately I no have and the two schools doesn't keep anymore.So please,I just wait to sort out that matter:if anyone get a solution,please.

Thanks again.

If your potential employer is asking for proof of your education records, you need to get proof of your education records. Plain and simple. It does not sound like your education records have anything to do with processing the work permit as you will not be teaching. It sounds like your boss wants them to verify you hold the degrees you claim you do.

If your potential employer is asking for proof of your education records, you need to get proof of your education records. Plain and simple. It does not sound like your education records have anything to do with processing the work permit as you will not be teaching. It sounds like your boss wants them to verify you hold the degrees you claim you do.

I seem to recall they (labour department) sometimes wanted this for the WP as well...not for teaching either.

1) There is the need to proove you have the qualifications and the expertise for the job, and that they are better than those any thai might have. So the crucial need for those documents.

2) I had to deal with a similar situation 6 years ago, my only degree in the related field having been obtain with AFPA (french educational system for people working and in need of improved qualifications or a validation of their knowledge). AFPA does not keep the document (at least they do not do it for Master degree).

3) I did ask them to send a certification (at the name of the Ministry of Workforce) that I did went there for studying, and that after 1 year a diploma Level 2 (Master degree) was delivered to me. It was also written they do not keep archive of said diploma, and that letter is 'FAISANT FOI' (not sure how to translate, let say it carry all privileges and duty that a Master degree Diploma will carry).

So do the same, ask your university to issue such certification, with the fact they do not keep archive of any diploma, and that letter is 'FAISANT FOI' ( lawfully faithfull report of your studies and end results).

It shall be enought.

1) There is the need to proove you have the qualifications and the expertise for the job, and that they are better than those any thai might have. So the crucial need for those documents.

2) I had to deal with a similar situation 6 years ago, my only degree in the related field having been obtain with AFPA (french educational system for people working and in need of improved qualifications or a validation of their knowledge). AFPA does not keep the document (at least they do not do it for Master degree).

3) I did ask them to send a certification (at the name of the Ministry of Workforce) that I did went there for studying, and that after 1 year a diploma Level 2 (Master degree) was delivered to me. It was also written they do not keep archive of said diploma, and that letter is 'FAISANT FOI' (not sure how to translate, let say it carry all privileges and duty that a Master degree Diploma will carry).

So do the same, ask your university to issue such certification, with the fact they do not keep archive of any diploma, and that letter is 'FAISANT FOI' ( lawfully faithfull report of your studies and end results).

It shall be enought.

You are saying there is no need to provide something his prospective employer is directly asking him for. You think this is sound advice? lol......

It shall be enought.

You are saying there is no need to provide something his prospective employer is directly asking him for. You think this is sound advice? lol......

I understand my english to be broken, but I was under the impression it would be clear enought:

Point#1, I did explain why it is NECESSARY.

Then I pointed on a subtility (but is it your cup of tea?) that a TRANSCRIPT , as per anglo saxon usages , is not possible, but a certified letter will do the same here, as the relevant informations will be written on it (but the grades for major and minor)

My advice would be to take the time to read and to understand, even if those seems to not be your best qualities!

Thanks

Unless you job description requires a degree you should not need one to get the work permit.

Filing out an submitting the "Education and job experience certification form" should be enough. Download here: http://wp.doe.go.th/wp/images/form/edu-form.pdf

+1 on it, the document AFPA was indeed similaire, but obvioulsy written in French. It did complemented the certification form I had to fill here.

I seem to recall they (labour department) sometimes wanted this for the WP as well...not for teaching either.

of course they do.... they have a job description from the employer which specifies the requirements for the job/ degreee/education experience etc and the DOL want to verify you are meeting the stated requirements by the employer before issuing the WP.

so the simple fact is, if the employer wanst to see a degree for that position, you will have to prove to the DOL, you have one, if they dont specify it, the DOL will not aks for it either, except in if your working in teaching

The documents were required just for issue the wp,not required for the job.

If not required for the job then they are not needed for the work permit. They should accept the DOE form I posted a download a link for in my previous post.

Also after 20 years?

Of course! It is a university in Italy! Not the war torn Congo. There is no reason you should not be able to obtain copies of your transcript from them, or pay for a replacement degree. Have you called them yet?

UK universities will provide a replacement degree - for a fee of course. They only keep transcripts for about 10 years. Mine said up to 10 years should be available, 10-15 maybe if you're lucky, older than that forget it.

OP - UK universities will provide a certified letter which confirms the degree awarded and the years studied. That was acceptable. Maybe yours in Italy will do the same.

Edited by Baerboxer

UK universities will provide a replacement degree - for a fee of course. They only keep transcripts for about 10 years. Mine said up to 10 years should be available, 10-15 maybe if you're lucky, older than that forget it.

I was able to obtain a copy of my first degree transcript from a UK university from which I graduated 30 years ago :)