Briton makes false robbery report seeking insurance claim - Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't give this master scam much thought did he.

Its true many people in the UK use the insurance as a financial boost now and again,they think its ok to do.These are a minority but even then its alot of people.

Jail is too harsh,and not much point giving a massive fine he cannot pay.The best justice is not allowing him to obtain insurance for 3 years. house/car/personal any type of insurance. Put him on a insurance blacklist. This would stop insurance fraud over night.

Yes he's Asian. But he's a British subject.

And I know a few English. ( white) who love a false insurance claim.

Brits are famous for it.

Amazing one guy is dodgy and a whole race is condemned.

So if he was Charlie from the east end.

Would all English be condemned?

You don't think other countries have insurance fraud? Take it you never worked in insurance.

Unfortunately one bad apple ...................

Brits are only famous for this in your mind, which explains one of your stereotypes.

Some British of Asian origins have a propensity for white collar crime, such as insurance fraud and tax dodging. I know many British Asian businessmen who consider that a "victimless" crime and see it as part of the game. In the same way they don't honor contractual payment terms. Not all by any means but a significant proportion albeit a diminishing one.

Regular occurrences in India too where many have strong ties.

He didn't give this master scam much thought did he.

Its true many people in the UK use the insurance as a financial boost now and again,they think its ok to do.These are a minority but even then its alot of people.

Jail is too harsh,and not much point giving a massive fine he cannot pay.The best justice is not allowing him to obtain insurance for 3 years. house/car/personal any type of insurance. Put him on a insurance blacklist. This would stop insurance fraud over night.

"Its true many people in the UK use the insurance as a financial boost now and again,they think its ok to do"

What is the number of attempted/caught insurance frauds in the UK compared to other countries?

How do you know that they all thought it ok to do so?

Regular claimants on insurances would be identified very quickly, so it's not like they can do it now and again when they want a bit of extra pocket money, is it?

The big crime here is false reporting that he was robbed at knife point by three Thais in a major tourist destination. If the police hadn't got to the bottom of this it would have been more negative news for pattaya, Thai people, perceived safety of being in Thailand etc. Being robbed at knife point on holiday is bad for business. The Thai authorities should jail him. My guess is this is not his first scam he has done.

Yes he's Asian. But he's a British subject.

And I know a few English. ( white) who love a false insurance claim.

Brits are famous for it.

Amazing one guy is dodgy and a whole race is condemned.

So if he was Charlie from the east end.

Would all English be condemned?

You don't think other countries have insurance fraud? Take it you never worked in insurance.

Unfortunately one bad apple ...................

Brits are only famous for this in your mind, which explains one of your stereotypes.

Some British of Asian origins have a propensity for white collar crime, such as insurance fraud and tax dodging. I know many British Asian businessmen who consider that a "victimless" crime and see it as part of the game. In the same way they don't honor contractual payment terms. Not all by any means but a significant proportion albeit a diminishing one.

Regular occurrences in India too where many have strong ties.

Actually I'm not the one stereotyping.

He could be black. Asian or white or Chinese.

He is 2 bob.

But loads starting attacking him because he's Asian

If your a count then your a count.

Makes no odds where your from.

This fella is never 48 years old

The Brit embassy should have a good look at his passport

British Asians sure have a bad track record of insurance fraud

And passport fraud....no racism intended just stating the obvious

I think this is racist. Young british tourists, paricularly back-packers frequently make false insurance claims.

More Brit crime tarnishing Pattaya's reputation. Hope they make an example of 'im.

I don't reckon he's an indigenous Brit. They are a rare race nowadays but not as rare as the indigenous American.

Well, then. No problem finding some you might reckon in Pattaya:
post-14882-0-44629000-1323362380_thumb.j
smile.png
  • Like 1

It's not being Racist to state the truth.

People like him DO have a bad track record of this type of crime and many others.

Yes, he has a British Passport which is a pity as it reflects badly on my country.

However, he can never be English!

Why not?

Have a read of this with regards to a fraudulent insurance claim.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/sheffield-fake-bus-crash-injury-claims-1-5962244

A whole bus full!

Note the great traditional British names of the fraudsters.

Sounds like this plonker was trying it on, I say well done to the Pattaya Police!!!!!!

#I am a Brit by the way#

• Like 2

It's not being Racist to state the truth.

People like him DO have a bad track record of this type of crime and many others.

Yes, he has a British Passport which is a pity as it reflects badly on my country.

However, he can never be English!

Perhaps he was born in the UK or immigrated. I don't know him, so I'm not sure.

I don't know all the people in the UK, so I can say anything about a track record for people "like him".

Some passport holders are bigots and haters. I've not met everyone who holds one, but I can usually tell by their words and deeds.

The truth, to the closed minded and intolerant, is often manipulated to satisfy their beliefs.

Being English, or any other nationaility, is more than by birthright or appearance.

Some of the worst scoundrels had family lineage going back centuries in England.

The same can be said for my country.

Judging by his name he is likely to be from Leicester where a lot of Gujaratis settled after being forced out of Uganda in 1972. They revitalised Leicester's failing textile industry. From my experience the main problem in the UK is with what the former poster describes as English. I ran several companies in the Leicester area and I sold them due to the constant hassle with English Yobs trying to break in to my factoryies and computer shops. I never had any problems with the Indians that worked for me.

The first part is certainly true. Many people fleeing Kenya and Uganda, mainly of Gujarati ancestry, settled in Leicester adding to the large numbers who had already migrated from India and other parts of the Indian sub-continent. Leicester had been the 4th richest City in Europe at one point, late 60's / early 70's before the collapse of its many and varied engineering and textile industries. The Asians certainly helped revitalize things with their entrepreneurial desire to own their own businesses, and willingness to work hard long hours whilst ensuring all their family benefited.

Regarding crime - depends on the area your businesses were in. Belgrave or East Park road area, probably Asian criminals. Braunstone or the County, more likely ethnic British, City center could be any. Unless you caught them or had CCTV you wouldn't know for sure.

It's like saying all muggers were black Afro-Caribbean, Unfortunately a high percentage were, so all Afro-Caribbeans were suspects to some people.

Unlike the US, people tend to mix more in the UK, so many gangs of yobs as you label them, were of mixed ethnic origin.

There is a large Indian ethnic population, spread throughout the whole UK, many of whom are totally law abiding. If his name was Jones would you think him likely from Cardiff?

He's an idiot wherever he's from for doing such a stupid thing.

• Like 2

The first thing in mind when i saw some of the less flattering comments was.....'Keeping up appearences'...starring Oslow....

i truly miss the real british (fantastic) humor in this country

carry on lads, have another one.

Brings disgrace on all who hold British passports and the British Embassy ought to investigate this crook.

How can one person bring shame to a nation?

Hitler, uh... yes.

But some south asian looking Brit who tried to scam the police?

I would think holding the items in his hotel room is arguably more shameful (stupid)

Unfortunately this is what British people look like now. Give him the full six months.

Britain have itself to blame, you have occupied too many countries in the past and claimed it to be part of GB, hence the citizens in respective country have a right to travel and live anywhere in GB or their own choice, being a democracy and all.

GB benefitted from those countries for a great number of years and now you don't want to pay the cost what made you rich earlier? cheesy.gif Memory and rememberance is a backstabbing friend sometimes. clap2.gif Beside he's a brit, this happens with all nationalities, it's just a question of getting more money for another day of pootang, nah krap? blink.png

Edited by KamalaRider
  • Like 1

He deserves to go to prison.

These are the people that they give Thailand a bad name abroad.

Saying that, Thais are not sooooooooo innocent...........

Since the perpetrator is a Brit just how could he give Thai people a bad reputation?

Unfortunately this is what British people look like now. Give him the full six months.

This is because of "Brits glorious past".

Don't mean to defend the scammer but I agree: This is also because of Brits glorious past. The same applies to other ex-colonial countries.

They exploited them, now some of them are exploiting 'them'. Only a little bit of 'justice' done.

Really I cannot understand why so many people think it is alright to cheat, steal, betray, rob, rape, suppress, kill...

Don't people realize the world and the life of everybody would be so much better if all of us were honest all the time ?

Mankind still has a long way to go to become 'human'.

• Like 1

Good job by the police. Most countries face immigration problems and Thailand is no different than western countries with

lower socioeconomic people trying to find a better hunting ground for their misdeeds. Agreed not all immigrants have ill intentions

but sure seems like the 21 century is missing the hard working immigrant.