Pheu Thai files complaint over Democrat book launch

webfact

Pheu Thai files complaint over Democrat book launch
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Pheu Thai Party yesterday called on the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) to take legal action against the Democrat Party for violating the junta's ban on political activities.

The complaint was filed by party member Singthong Buachum and the party's legal team against former Democrat MP Dr Warong Dechgitvigrom, Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva, the party's executive board and some Democrat members.

Pheu Thai wants legal action to be taken against the Democrats for participating in the launch of the book entitled "Epic Corruption in the Rice Scheme: Dissecting Every Step of the Rice-Pledging Scheme" on Wednesday.

Singthong said the group defied the NCPO's announcement no 57/2557, which prohibited all political activities. "This book launch has a hidden political agenda because the book's content carries mudslinging messages against Pheu Thai and the Yingluck [shinawatra] government. It is misleading, inappropriate and can be deemed as rude," he said.

Singthong also asked why Prime Minister General Prayuth Chan-ocha chose not to stop the Democrats from carrying out politically motivated activities, but stopped students from eating sandwiches and halted a seminar on the grounds of martial law.

He demanded that the NCPO have all copies of the book recalled and launch legal action against the Democrats. He went on to say that if the NCPO failed to take action, then he would launch a campaign to check on the Democrats' Thai Khemkhaeng projects, corruption allegations in the construction of 396 police stations and their rice-subsidy scheme.

Ruangkrai Leekijwattana, a legal official for the Pheu Thai Party said the Democrat Party website featured photographs of Abhisit, Warong and an advertisement of the book, which proved that the book launch was politically motivated. He added that on the website, Warong is quoted as suggesting that the Prayuth Cabinet read the book in order to understand how to fight corruption in the rice scheme.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Pheu-Thai-files-complaint-over-Democrat-book-launc-30242569.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-05

So the PTP will start doing some checking on the Dem schemes. The PTP seems to be giving the Junta orders now with threats to back them up. This is expected as it has always been the PTP method of do what I say, or else! Let's see how the Junta handles this one.

If the Dems have nothing to hide with their schemes I say let them write their own book. As long as it is factual and accurate. However these last traits have never been the PTPs forte.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

The Dems would have to be pretty daft to not have cleared this with the NCPO first before the book launch. I'd imagine someone, somewhere in the chain of NCPO command signed off on this one.

This is ONE individual Democrat MP, not the Democrats.

irrespective of what those plaintiffs in the P.T.P, case may say regarding the book the public are all well aware that the great rice pledging scam scheme was nothing more that a creative measure designed to buy political power and increase certain sectors of the P T.;memberships personal.

wealth.

Now the true cost of this fiasco is coming to light and the resultant loss of stored rice due diminishing quality of the stored rice misappropiation and a world market price drop those responsible are indeed running scared.

Perhaps the P.TP. might like a return of the old ''book burning ritual'' so beloved by the dictators of old.

http://mimiandeunice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/ME_398_Books.png

• Like 2

The timing by the publisher to release the book could be interpreted as opportunist, the problem lies in the content of the book, what court cases are going to happen and whether there are libel statements in the book , if there are investigations still pending that could involve prosecution, the book could be deemed contempt of court , tread carefullycoffee1.gif

Edited by chainarong
  • Like 2

That is a very nice development.
I hope there are more books published with interesting facts.

published to date:
Epic Corruption in the Rice Scheme: Dissecting Every Step of the Rice-Pledging Scheme
next book:
Thai Khemkhaeng projects, corruption allegations in the construction of 396 police stations and their rice-subsidy scheme.
next book;
How Central World burned down, the masterminds in the back
next book:
The true background on organization for the airport occupation
next book:
Factual report: How the money was actually used for flood management
next book:
The invisible elites behind the financing of political parties
next book:
The Top 100 of the corrupt rulers, their real wealth and their secret accounts.

It's good that people know, what kind of greedy, ruthless and selfish politician types
running still free around in this country.

The Dems would have to be pretty daft to not have cleared this with the NCPO first before the book launch. I'd imagine someone, somewhere in the chain of NCPO command signed off on this one.

A series of events is telling, just to mention a few:

1- Suthep publicly claimed he had been in contact and discussed the coup with the General for months. Suthep was not even summoned to the NCPO. Instead, the General just issued a light disclaimer to the press.

2- eating sandwiches in public is made an offense.

3- a book by the Dems that hits a subject that is political and affecting the other side of the political spectrum is allowed.

The PT claim is valid.

The fact that the book was launched without any hindrances validates your comment.

I know, the OCDers will sling accusations of being a Red, of being brainwashed, they will find a way to introduce Mr T in the thread but...

who cares? You are the delusional ones thinking that your opinion is reality.

Interesting that PTP lawyers and redoubtable legal team ask the government to file charges against the democrats when one person writes a book they don't like.

Surely, if they don't like this book, or believe it contravenes laws, they should file charges and follow the correct legal process. Something they have never been able to grasp.

They thought that when in power they could just do anything they wanted, tell the courts how it was, and make it up as they went along to suit themselves. They obviously think the new government should act like they did.

Stamping their feet and shouting at the government is not the way to bring a legal action. But, they just don't like following due process, consider themselves much to important for that.

Now they try and spin it into a political argument to divert attention from the contents.

Poor Yingluck if she's relying on these type of tactics to defend any future charges.

A series of events is telling, just to mention a few:

1- Suthep publicly claimed he had been in contact and discussed the coup with the General for months. Suthep was not even summoned to the NCPO. Instead, the General just issued a light disclaimer to the press.

2- eating sandwiches in public is made an offense.

3- a book by the Dems that hits a subject that is political and affecting the other side of the political spectrum is allowed.

The PT claim is valid.

The fact that the book was launched without any hindrances validates your comment.

I know, the OCDers will sling accusations of being a Red, of being brainwashed, they will find a way to introduce Mr T in the thread but...

who cares? You are the delusional ones thinking that your opinion is reality.

If someone had dared issue a book commenting negatively about the PTP or Shins whilst they were in power, the wrath of the DSI and red shirt thugs would have been turned on them.

If PTP have issues with the book, and believe they are in the right, then they should file complaints through the appropriate legal channels.

The seem to fail to understand that not all governments behave like they do.

Pheu Thai wants legal action to be taken against the Democrats for participating in the launch of the book"

​That statement encapsulates the truth of how the PTP view the rice scheme. They will never admit it was corrupt or had irregularities even with the overwhelming evidence suggesting otherwise, but the above statement is an admittance that they know it is corrupt and rotten to the core. If there was just one lie in that book, just one, they would file a defamation lawsuit against the author. Nope. Can't do that because the book contains only truths. The PTP's greatest enemy.

So because they do not want the public to know the truth they "demanded that the NCPO have all copies of the book recalled". Essentially a book burning if you will. Remember the last "political party" that held book burnings in the 1930's? The PTP would prefer their belief structure to hold for the gullible that the scheme was wonderful and not corrupt and had no irregularities.

I hope the book is translated into English like "The Simple Truth". I will be the first to buy a copy. Why? I embrace the truth. I don't hide from it and deny it.

Yes but as with the majority of your posts, you claim to know the truth before you know the facts. I'm not surprised you refer to the 1930s as your incessant repetition of "the truth" in the absence of fact is quite reminiscent of well known figures from that era. Here, your pre-judgement is that this book is THE truth. You haven't a clue what's in it, you haven't read it.

• Like 2

Pheu Thai wants legal action to be taken against the Democrats for participating in the launch of the book"

​That statement encapsulates the truth of how the PTP view the rice scheme. They will never admit it was corrupt or had irregularities even with the overwhelming evidence suggesting otherwise, but the above statement is an admittance that they know it is corrupt and rotten to the core. If there was just one lie in that book, just one, they would file a defamation lawsuit against the author. Nope. Can't do that because the book contains only truths. The PTP's greatest enemy.

So because they do not want the public to know the truth they "demanded that the NCPO have all copies of the book recalled". Essentially a book burning if you will. Remember the last "political party" that held book burnings in the 1930's? The PTP would prefer their belief structure to hold for the gullible that the scheme was wonderful and not corrupt and had no irregularities.

I hope the book is translated into English like "The Simple Truth". I will be the first to buy a copy. Why? I embrace the truth. I don't hide from it and deny it.

Once again @djjamie your blind rage has allowed you to misunderstand a concept. They are arguing that it contravenes martial law. They argue that it is political and therefore should not be allowed under martial law. It is simple to understand... your avatar reveals however that you are obviously in denial of the facts, and indeed facts in general. cheesy.gif

(To get the drift here, you'd need to be an Aussie and know of the infamous drug cheat James Hird)

A perfect example of Godwin's law, and even a lot earlier then anyone could have expected in this thread (it often takes at least a few pages of comments).

Recalling a book is not the same as burning a book. Books are recalled all the time for various reasons. As you might have noticed a lot of books are also banned in Thailand; mostly books involving Thai history or books covering one particular family. That has nothing to do with PTP, nor with the current regime (although neither group had the balls to bring freedom of speech).

Trying to compare PTP with the nazi regime is sickening to anybody who has any idea what happened during WWII.

If you really embrace the truth then you should start studying the other site instead of looking for books that confirm your current beliefs. Only by understanding both sides you can find the truth. By only looking for confirmation you are creating a tunnel vision which is the same as hiding from the truth.

• Like 1

Yes but as with the majority of your posts, you claim to know the truth before you know the facts. I'm not surprised you refer to the 1930s as your incessant repetition of "the truth" in the absence of fact is quite reminiscent of well known figures from that era. Here, your pre-judgement is that this book is THE truth. You haven't a clue what's in it, you haven't read it.

Here, your pre-judgement is that this book is THE truth

​And until I see a defamation lawsuit filed by the PTP I will continue to pre-judge the book as the truth.

​No defamation law suit. No lies.

Edited by djjamie

Once again @djjamie your blind rage has allowed you to misunderstand a concept. They are arguing that it contravenes martial law. They argue that it is political and therefore should not be allowed under martial law. It is simple to understand... your avatar reveals however that you are obviously in denial of the facts, and indeed facts in general. cheesy.gif

(To get the drift here, you'd need to be an Aussie and know of the infamous drug cheat James Hird)

They are arguing that it contravenes martial law.

I know.

They argue that it is political and therefore should not be allowed under martial law.

I know.

You seem to misunderstand the simple concept in my post. Had the book had lies in it they would have filed a defamation lawsuit as well. They have read the book yet there is no defamation lawsuit ergo no lies in the book.. So using martial law and being political is convenient and I must concede correct, but it is a drive to stop the truth from coming out. They do not want the truth to come out.

I would say something about your avatar too, but that is best left for the AFL forum though I love it when some have to resort to mud slinging my AFL team. It shows they are frustrated.

May peace and reconciliation be with you my dear friend.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

A perfect example of Godwin's law, and even a lot earlier then anyone could have expected in this thread (it often takes at least a few pages of comments).

Recalling a book is not the same as burning a book. Books are recalled all the time for various reasons. As you might have noticed a lot of books are also banned in Thailand; mostly books involving Thai history or books covering one particular family. That has nothing to do with PTP, nor with the current regime (although neither group had the balls to bring freedom of speech).

Trying to compare PTP with the nazi regime is sickening to anybody who has any idea what happened during WWII.

If you really embrace the truth then you should start studying the other site instead of looking for books that confirm your current beliefs. Only by understanding both sides you can find the truth. By only looking for confirmation you are creating a tunnel vision which is the same as hiding from the truth.

Books are recalled all the time for various reasons.

I know mate.

Yet they want this book banned because they don't want the public to know the truth. Can you show me examples of banned books in Thailand simply because they stated the truth?

I never mentioned the Nazi regime. I was referring to the works of Goethe, Shaw, and Freud in Greece. You just assumed I was mentioning the Nazi regime. So you fulfilled Godwins law my friend. Not me.

Yes but as with the majority of your posts, you claim to know the truth before you know the facts

This coming from you is laughable to say the least. You make statements all over the place without knowing facts. I will remember this sentence.

Books are recalled all the time for various reasons.

I know mate.

Yet they want this book banned because they don't want the public to know the truth. Can you show me examples of banned books in Thailand simply because they stated the truth?

I never mentioned the Nazi regime. I was referring to the works of Goethe, Shaw, and Freud in Greece. You just assumed I was mentioning the Nazi regime. So you fulfilled Godwins law my friend. Not me.

Sorry my dear friend, but I have trouble believing you.

You said "remember the last political party that held book burnings in the 1930's" and instead of referring to the most famous example of book burnings in the 1930's (and maybe in modern history) you were actually referring to a much smaller thing that happened in Greece and is historically totally insignificant compared to the one that would be on everybody's mind when you make a remark like that? I think you just googled what other book burnings happened around the same time to save face here my dear friend. But that is just my opinion.

And I am no expert on books banned in Thailand as I do not buy books here (limit supply and import duties; it is much easier to buy them online in the US and get them here on my kindle). But to mention one to prove my point: "The **** never smiles". This book has the most elaborate historical research done about one family/person in Thailand and the last 20 pages or so are filled with references to well-respected works and the like. And this book is banned in Thailand. Not because there are lies in there, but because the content can not even be discussed.

I think you can find more books yourself that also fit the list, but I am afraid you are not interested in the list at all and just hoped you score an easy point by asking me to compile a list which I was not intending to do just because you request it. If you are really interested in such a list you can maybe hire someone to compile such a list for you, but it will cost you some money I am afraid.

Much peace to you and "your truth" my dearest friend.

• Like 1