Multi-Entry Non Imm O Visa Based On Visiting Friends?

Myth or reality?

I am in the US and wonder if I can get a visa to visit my friend, maybe fiance? We lived together but never was engaged. Thinking about giving us a chance. I would not be working and can show income.

My guess is no, but I remember meeting some guys who claimed they got a visa in England just by being invited and copies of the Thai ID cards of those who invited him. Maybe just bar talk.

If not, probably just going to get a 3x tourist visa. Thoughts?

Those days of the hull consulate are gone.

Unless married you can get a double maybe triple tourist visa.

If double I believe you get 60 days quick in and out then use the second entry.

That's 3 months.

Then at C wattana can extend a little more.

Hope thisพ helps mate

whistling.gif Almost no chance these days.

I got a Non O one year multi-entry visa from Hull in October 2010 for that very reason.

I needed no proof then, they asked for none.

However I did have a Thai girlfriend and gave Hull her telephone number, address in Bangkok, our joint bank account number, and several other items of proof.

But the Thai consulate in Hull did not want or need my evidence then.

They simply approved my visa on my word THEN.

I believe I was one of the last ones to get such a visa.

Now Hull will NOT do that.

That's what got them in trouble, and caused the Thai immigration to crack down on them for being "too lenient" on issuing visas.

They got burned by the higher ups, and they (and other consulates also) still remember those wonderful days before November 2010.

In November 2010, all h-ll broke loose for them. It was the time of the big crackdown for many consulates who were told to "tighten up" on their requirements for issuing visas.

Before November 2010 there were two consulates who would issue visas without requiring proof of relationship for "visiting friends and relatives in Thailand".

Hull was one of them, and the other was Perth, Australia. Hull managed to survive, but they had to tighten up on issuing visas. Perth was closed down for over a year and just reopened in 2012, I believe.

No one will do that again, now you MUST have a direct family relationship, usually proven by birth, with any "friends" in Thailand you want to "visit".

Many places they want to see a birth certificate or marriage license before they will approve that.

They will need to be signed and "certified" to pass muster now.

As I said, not much of any chance they will even consider that reason now without written documentation to prove a direct immediate family relationship.

rolleyes.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG
  • Like 1