ER6F Sprocket set up for Bira and or Thailand Circuit

LWM

What are your recommendations and experiences with various sprocket combinations?

Right now my 2012 ER6F is completely stock.

As far as I know the stock sprockets on the ER6F are 15F x 46R

I reach a top speed of around 172 km on the Bira front straight (GoPro camera, I generally have other things to do at the end of the straight) ... probably had a good tail wind that day ... as I'm heavy at +/- 95 kg ...

Seems like everybody passes me on the straight ... that was okay for a while ... but now ... no more Mr. Nice Guy ... the gloves are off ... so to speak ... smile.png

Any other ideas welcome ... let the games begin

Thx in advance

Leslie MacKenzie

add a couple of teeth to your sprockets, lots of sprocket choices around. as you dont need a speed more than 180 - 200 kph at Bira, this will bring you more acceleration.

Moreover, i suggest you a full system pipe, an aftermarket ecu and an air filter which will give you 10 percent more performance and an edge.

I went up one tooth on the rear

JohnPark,

What difference did you note?

If you had it all to do over again ... what would you do? ... go up 2 teeth? ... stay with the up 1? ... stay stock? ... go up 3 teeth?

Did you notice having to shift more often over the course ... if so ... was that a bother?

Do you know if your top speed on the front straight increased? How much?

thx

LWM

This site is quite good for letting you see the effect of any changes

http://www.gearingcommander.com

I changed my sprocket before I'd ever been on the track but bike definitely pulls better in all gears. Feels like I'm in the sweet spot a bit more.

If I had to do it again I'd probably stick to the same 1 up on the rear but the Z800 is already geared quite high, not sure about the ER.

Better in traffic also, can coast at a lower speed with no clutch. Never got to top speed, after 220 the wind becomes a bit of a problem.

• Like 1

Lwm, all you need is 2 teeth up and even three teeth up for bira is OK imo for speeds upto 200.

Bira is noy a speed track. Accelration rules there.

But again you will need more edge/performance with some aftermarket parts i stated before.

Edited by ll2