NACC: The case against former prime minister Yingluck is water tight

webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sansern Poljiak is a royalist stouge through and through. The NACC is in the junta's pocket.

They'll get their case sorted out and they'll get a conviction. Doesn't matter how they do it.

This thread was quite interesting without the conspiracy cr*p which seems to be your forte.

The NACC is in no one's pocket as demonstrated by the parallel case being filed against Khunying Jaruvan. It is following the legal due process of the AG working with the NACC to make the case as watertight as possible.

Pity that it just doesn't fit with your warped way of thinking.

yes, my warped way of thinking.

you have proven that your way of thinking is 'flatline'

The NACC is is part of the anti-democratic apparatus of so-called 'independent' institutions which like the EC and along with the courts played their roles in destroying what little semblance of democracy has existed since the 2006 coup.

But it hardly matters. Even Yingluck is a side show for the junta. They have only one goal.

I said it before and will say it again. NACC = AEC. Different time, different acronym, same bosses.

• Like 1

Sansern Poljiak is a royalist stouge through and through. The NACC is in the junta's pocket.

They'll get their case sorted out and they'll get a conviction. Doesn't matter how they do it.

I'm not so sure that the Junta really want a conviction. A significant proportion of the Thai electorate, particularly in the North and North East regard Yingluck as the latest in a series of Prime Ministers who they have elected, and who have been forced from office by the Bangkok interests - the Yellows. Yingluck offered the electorate the chance to have their say, through a perfectly constitutional election, which was prevented, in an entirely unconstitutional manner by those same Yellows. Yingluck is popular with many who have, so far, acquiesced with the Junta forming a government. Banging her up on somewhat dubious charges may well focus opposition to the Junta. She shows no interest in going into exile. I suspect that they will leave her alone.

Incidentally, why do so many here who so energetically demand that Yingluck should be held responsible as PM for the rice subsidy fiasco, and punished accordingly, not demand that the same protocols be applied to Abhisit and Suthep with regard to the 2010 shootings?

You may well ask, but I doubt you will get an answer

Edited by Rooo
response position.

I'm not so sure that the Junta really want a conviction. A significant proportion of the Thai electorate, particularly in the North and North East regard Yingluck as the latest in a series of Prime Ministers who they have elected, and who have been forced from office by the Bangkok interests - the Yellows. Yingluck offered the electorate the chance to have their say, through a perfectly constitutional election, which was prevented, in an entirely unconstitutional manner by those same Yellows. Yingluck is popular with many who have, so far, acquiesced with the Junta forming a government. Banging her up on somewhat dubious charges may well focus opposition to the Junta. She shows no interest in going into exile. I suspect that they will leave her alone.

Incidentally, why do so many here who so energetically demand that Yingluck should be held responsible as PM for the rice subsidy fiasco, and punished accordingly, not demand that the same protocols be applied to Abhisit and Suthep with regard to the 2010 shootings?

The reason that an answer is unlikely to be forthcoming is that most recognize a troll diversion when they see one and do not feed trolls.

• Like 2

you have some good points and I could not help but sense that some royalist elements seemed disappointed that she returned. It seemed like they wanted her to run.

I think that there are some strong elements who want so badly to run over every part of the Thaksin machine that they will force a conviction. I think this aspect will prevail.

There may be people on the military / royalist side who agree with you. And in the end, your position might be seen by them as a way for the Junta to maintain it's control longer and more easily. As I said, the junta only have one real objective and maintaining control as long as it takes - whether directly or through a sham democracy - is the agenda for the time being. Compared to that, the actual, personal fate of Yingluck is not important to them.

The reason that an answer is unlikely to be forthcoming is that most recognize a troll diversion when they see one and do not feed trolls.

or that they realise the truth & have no comeback. Shame on you undemocratic elitists!

Think you are comparing apple and orange. The correct comparision is with Ahbisit 1.49 T Baht expenditure for populist policies like giving out 2,000 B for those who earned less than 15,000 B, strong thailand scheme and losses for his rice pledging policy. Both are populist policies for wining voter hearts and cost tax payer buckets of Baht. Difference only Yingluck is charged by NACC while Ahbisit by far bigger loss not even worth a mention by the NACC.

you have some good points and I could not help but sense that some royalist elements seemed disappointed that she returned. It seemed like they wanted her to run.

I think that there are some strong elements who want so badly to run over every part of the Thaksin machine that they will force a conviction. I think this aspect will prevail.

There may be people on the military / royalist side who agree with you. And in the end, your position might be seen by them as a way for the Junta to maintain it's control longer and more easily. As I said, the junta only have one real objective and maintaining control as long as it takes - whether directly or through a sham democracy - is the agenda for the time being. Compared to that, the actual, personal fate of Yingluck is not important to them.

'royalist elements' ?

Anyway, the 'elements' who like to know the truth about Ms. Yingluck's negligence mostly also have no problem with Abhisit/Suthep being investigated by the NACC.

BTW wasn't it Ms. Yingluck who sought an amnesty for big brother, her own two years activity even if that meant Abhisit/Suthep would also need to be given amnesty?

Of course if someone would suggest to charge Ms. Yingluck with 'introducing a rice scam as private person', lots of people would be just as upset as with the "premeditated murder as private persons"

Think you are comparing apple and orange. The correct comparision is with Ahbisit 1.49 T Baht expenditure for populist policies like giving out 2,000 B for those who earned less than 15,000 B, strong thailand scheme and losses for his rice pledging policy. Both are populist policies for wining voter hearts and cost tax payer buckets of Baht. Difference only Yingluck is charged by NACC while Ahbisit by far bigger loss not even worth a mention by the NACC.

'far bigger loss' ?

Maybe not worth mentioning because there is no 'far bigger loss' ? Maybe only a few hundreds of billion were actually borrowed with clear targets ?

Please enlighten us, dear Eric. Share a link, you're with friends here thumbsup.gif

• Like 1