Questions about divorce and parental right

tb42_50

Hi,

There's quite a few questions I 'd like to ask. My situation is quite complicated and the story is probably quite long

Anyway,what happened is that me and my H has been living separated since May last year. He's British, and we got married here in Thailand and have marriage certificate from Amphur.

We planned to move back to UK as a family (H, me and our son) , he flew back with our boy first when I was here waiting for the visa...anyway, i found out later he was being unfaithful with me and also took our son to live with other woman...

Their affair fiddled out quickly....

I flew to UK with family visa instead then because my settlement visa was taking so long...

Anyway, i had to come back here after the visa expired...but I couldn't take my son with me...

my questions are

- Can I win the custody to have my son back in Thailand with me ?

- I just asked him for a divorce but heard no reply from him, How can i divorce him ?

I have to do everything to get my son back with me ..He's my everything

I begged my ex and emailed him many times but not one reply from him...

He said he's not keeping my son away from me...I can talk to him when I want. but that's not right

He asked his daddy another day that he wanted to come here and stay with me but there's not much i could do just now. I don't have much money to fight ...although I'm not sitting around doing nothing. I have to save money so i can do something about this. Our saving was spent for settlement visa process, flights to UK and me living there 6 months with no financial support from him at all

any advice would be really appreciated

xx

Unless you can get back to the UK, nothing you can do.

UK courts are not interested in out of country incidents.

(theoretically they are, but in reality they aren't)

You made your case worse by visiting them both there, then leaving without creating a stink.

British authorities will conclude you abandoned your child, husband will be awarded custody.

Sorry, I can't offer any hope.

PS

Britain is a 'no fault divorce' country.

Circumstances like adultery are considered irrelevant to child custody.

Abandonment will be seen as the important factor, if you got back to the UK, to try for custody.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

I didn't want to leave my son at all, but i couldn't extend my visa within the UK and all the money I got to live for 6 months was from selling the car, that's what i got left before i went.

My ex said he would help me to get a visa to go back ...but when i came back i didn;t hear much from him and there's big issue with my mother-in-law also.

I don't know what else i can do. This is killing me.

Even if i saved up enough money to go back...what about if i try to take him back here with me but my ex doesn't allow ??

Does it mean it's impossible ?

I can't live without my son...

He was born here and i took care of him 24/7 since the day he was born.. My ex was always doing his things, friends and stuffs ...only just before they flew back when he spent more time with our son...

...What about the case of him taking our son to other woman's house and lived there without my permission, that's abduction is it not ?