POLL: Corruption will drop under PM Prayuth

Lite Beer

It may drop, depending on which figures are used and released, under the junta but just wait to the politicians get back into power and make up for lost time !

What if they do such a good job that when there is an election they get elected. Then they will be politicians. Are you saying they will then become corrupt?

Back in the land of reality. It is a forgone conclusion that when they turn it over for an election there will be hurdles in the way for the corrupt to get in. Yes there will be those who make it but not as easy as it has been with Thaksin's money and ability to disregard certain things. There will always be corruption that is a fools thing to even think it will all be gone but it will not run the country like it has under the Shinawatra reign.

Thailand is being handed a gift and each party should concentrate on accepting it. They might not like the road to the elections but they will like the playing field being a lot more level.smile.png That is except the PTP. They for sure are going to be one unhappy lot.sad.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Corruption will drop under PM Prayuth

I can hardly see it going up, compared to the last Yingluck Thaksin government. In the short time the General has been in charge, corruption has already markedly dropped with the clearing of the beaches and ending of rice subsidies, extortion of MC taxis, fake land deeds/forest encroachment, illegal logging, ending government employee junkets abroad on the taxpayer's money, firing unqualified board members from government enterprises, etcetera, etcetera.

You are breaking the rules that have been laid down so far. You are talking about reality. Don't you know people are not interested in that they prefer to forecast gloom and doom.wai.gif

A good start would be to see that those responsible for the rice scandal are duly prosecuted to the full extent of the law regardless of position. Anything less would indicate a total lack of sincerity.

I personally would love to see that happen but I don't think it will. I am sure Yingluck had a deal worked out before she came back from her brothers birthday. The government is in a tough spot with her if it had been a man no problem But being a women if she gets what she deserves she will be called a martyr. If she doesn't get some sort of punishment the pro coup people will be screaming bloody murder.

Corruption is in most countries to some degree so I fail to see how it will be stamped out here.

Only fools believe it will be or is even possible. But for sure as has been proven already by the coup they can lesson it to a low degree. Under Yingluck's guidance the corruption level rose. When she took office they were in the middle of the nations for corruption I believe 88 under her guidance after she cut the funding to the anti corruption commission they went to the 102 most honest that left them with only 73 worse than them.sad.png Not a very admirable feat.wai.gif

• Like 1

Pigs F Arse. When I was trying to get a taxi late at night from Nana to On Nut it was "How much can you give" I reminded him of his new boss Prayuth saying no more corruption and I was told to "Go Away". You can copy and paste this scenario to any situation you like in Thailand.

Yeah these taxi drivers at night should require special attention. In Soi 11 it is almost impossible to get a taxi after midnight to take you home outside the city. Then again it has improved from 10 Taxi´s waiving you away to 7 :-) Use the new mobile apps GRAB TAXI or UEBER depending on your time/budget.