Red shirts in Japan ‘plot’ against coup

Lite Beer

They, like all dictatorial regimes, are outnumbered 100/1.

Sadly, the only people sense to see the junta for what it is have left the country.

Ummm, your statistics do not "add up"... not sure how many dictatorial regimes currently exist on the earth, but there are just over 200 countries, and I am damned sure that there are more than 2.....

He really needs help with his math or common sense. Maybe both.

A source in Japan said a group of around 26 Thais yesterday (September 5) gathered outside the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs holding placards protesting against the coup and the use of martial law in Thailand.

Is; "The oppressed outnumber their oppressors 100/1." also too complicated for you to follow along, or do I need to simplify more?

Bad guy bad

Good guy good

Bad guy 1

Good guy 100

How dare you attempt to insult me when you can't keep up with the conversation.

I won't be replying to you again.

You have nothing to offer to this conversation.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess these bunch of losers didn't get the memo from their boss from Dubai! Stop making trouble or they'll freeze my money! clap2.gif

I guess that "bunch" of losers are exercising their democratic right to criticise what they regard as a self appointed "government" in a country where they are still able to demonstrate that right.

They can criticise all they want amongst themselves nobody else wants to hear it and Thailand is better off for it too

The only people disgruntled at the moment are those that that were living outside the law and it's being corrected slowly but surely, the red mafias grip on Thailand is no more and good ridence

I do not live outside the law.

Many Thai citizens do not want any mafia running their country .... Red, yellow or military. Many are happy that corruption and disregard for the law are being looked at.

They also want the right to choose who runs their country.

Just because your side of the street looks cleaner, to you, doesn't make it all pretty for all people. That's where our good general may encounter challenges.

Edited by Chaz1819

Yes the people should be able to choose their own destiny. The problem, lay's in the fact that they can not find the politicians who will listen to what they want.

Take Thailand for example. They elected a party to get certain things that were promised them. They got instead a leader who is living in self imposed exile to avoid a jail sentence he earned. The promises when brought about were so undermined with corruption that they would not work. Did the people get what they wanted no.

It is defiantly not a democratic leadership- they have now but they are getting what they want.

So which is better an unelected government given you what you want or an elected government not delivering on what you wanted?

Before the PTP red shirt supporters jump in with how come this and how come that. I will answer you right now because they have not had enough time to correct all the corruption the previous administration gave them and change or improve laws that are in existence that allowed the previous administration to get away with their actions as long as they did.

If the elected government hadn't been giving people what they want, then why were they the ones pushing so hard for another election. If your theory had been true, then the people would have been wanting to vote them out, and the logical thing for Pheu Thai to do would have been to try to delay the election as much as possible. Instead I saw them do the opposite.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Here again is another example of keeping the Thais ill informed. Now you see the difference ??? the army IS informing the people what it's aims are.

Are you forgetting the Shins Amnesty bill ?? it started all the upsets here but you will not believe that--cause your main DIG is elections again to let the people vote--Pathetic.

In 2011 everyone knew that a vote for Yingluck was a vote for Thaksin. He described her as his "clone" and she did nothing to dispel that. So please don't pretend that Pheu Thai kept people in the dark about its aims.

The amnesty bill started all the upsets? Suthep admits that he had been plotting to overthrow Pheu Thai even before the 2011 election.

The fact that you call people "pathetic" for wanting "elections again to let the people vote" says a lot about you.

ooooooh, let the people vote, how pathetic is that!

You know that someone is either uninformed or not speaking the truth when they say things like 'the army IS informing the people what it's aims are"

The army is talking about everything except it's "aims".

They should be paranoid.

They, like all dictatorial regimes, are outnumbered 100/1.

Fear the day people realize that and stand up for themselves.

Sadly, the only people sense to see the junta for what it is have left the country.

The ones who have "left the country" are the crims with something to hide, the ones who were happily getting away with it under the PTP.

Yet another good thing about the Military coup, flushed the rats out of the house and back to the sewers.

But what can be done about the ones hiding in temples.

Is this all you have to say ?? just this fusty old remark in comparison. wow !

Here again is another example of keeping the Thais ill informed. Now you see the difference ??? the army IS informing the people what it's aims are.

Are you forgetting the Shins Amnesty bill ?? it started all the upsets here but you will not believe that--cause your main DIG is elections again to let the people vote--Pathetic.

In 2011 everyone knew that a vote for Yingluck was a vote for Thaksin. He described her as his "clone" and she did nothing to dispel that. So please don't pretend that Pheu Thai kept people in the dark about its aims.

The amnesty bill started all the upsets? Suthep admits that he had been plotting to overthrow Pheu Thai even before the 2011 election.

The fact that you call people "pathetic" for wanting "elections again to let the people vote" says a lot about you.

You know that someone is either uninformed or not speaking the truth when they say things like 'the army IS informing the people what it's aims are"

This is a complete lie---it informs the Thai people every Friday of what it is doing, do keep up. your anti army stance is just that.

This is a complete lie---it informs the Thai people every Friday of what it is doing, do keep up. your anti army stance is just that.

So you are pro army?

You know, I can't recall where I have ever stated a belief that "increasing corruption and working to bring in a convicted criminal to be a dictator is logical."

Would you like to apologise for lying now, or later?

The minute after you admit you were wrong in supporting the PTP. After all that was what they were all about.

Also at taking every cheap[ shot you could get at the new government.

Apparently my reply was censored not suitable for publication, but I think you could guess the drift of it.

In short isn't going to happen. Gee what a surprise. Any one out there surprised. whistling.gif

Example of an apology from me would have been I am sorry for-----------.

I don't think the mods would censor that.coffee1.gif

You're dam right it isn't going to happen . I have nothing to apologise for. You, on the other hand................

Like when the army "informed" people that it had not shut down Facebook (whatever any Telnor executive may have said)? Like when the army "informed" that it had not taken Kritsuda into custody, despite having done so 3 days earlier? Like when the army "informed" people that it was not launching a coup?

Like when the army "informed" people that it had not shut down Facebook (whatever any Telnor executive may have said)? Like when the army "informed" that it had not taken Kritsuda into custody, despite having done so 3 days earlier? Like when the army "informed" people that it was not launching a coup?

Is that all ?? Like Yingluck under orders from the road runner in Dubai, used the people of Thailand for PTP Shin benefit, not the Thai people.

enough of this anyway--old hat, there is no comparison between the honesty now and the dishonesty of PTP-amnesty.

Save your breath and your old style propaganda, it is long gone, this is a breath of non elected FRESH AIR.

So you are pro army?

Looks like that doesn't it ?? But if you actually read what I have said for years, I am against lousy dishonest governments, and support good governing.

This automatically makes me look like anti PTP and pro army----easy really.

I keep seeing these binary choices between pro Yingluck Taksin and junta. FACT is, those two appear to be the only choices this country has. A megalomaniac and his puppet OR a military dictatorship. I'm sure there are many who like neither. Tad sad really, and given the majority of the populace's ignorance of anything other than what they've been force fed for decades, apt.

Where will it all end, eh? coffee1.gif

I keep seeing these binary choices between pro Yingluck Taksin and junta. FACT is, those two appear to be the only choices this country has. A megalomaniac and his puppet OR a military dictatorship. I'm sure there are many who like neither. Tad sad really, and given the majority of the populace's ignorance of anything other than what they've been force fed for decades, apt.

What you say is true to a certain extent, rather than a harsh "military dictatorship" INTERVENTION is a better word, and some hope for the future, time now is Thailands friend.

wow, you are either the most gullible person around, or you know what is really true and what is not, but like me are prevented from saying so by the current situation.

by the way, what they are doing (handwaving, smoke and mirrors) and talk about on Fridays has nothing to do with the Junta's aims, ie: goals and objectives. For that there is only one priority.

sorry, let me add: I do not personally believe that you are actually gullible and uninformed.

Edited by tbthailand

What you say is true to a certain extent, rather than a harsh "military dictatorship" INTERVENTION is a better word, and some hope for the future, time now is Thailands friend.

INTERVENTION? Wow, more spin than the whirling dervishes.

back in May, the Military had a different word for it, too. I forget, but they did not like the word 'coup' and wanted people to call it something else, "event", or something similar.

So you are pro army?

Looks like that doesn't it ?? But if you actually read what I have said for years, I am against lousy dishonest governments, and support good governing.

This automatically makes me look like anti PTP and pro army----easy really.

Sorry... I haven't read what you've been saying for years...rolleyes.gif . But I will be interested to read what you so sagely write when this regime decides that it doesn't want to actually relinquish power.... ever.

• Like 1

wow, you are either the most gullible person around, or you know what is really true and what is not, but like me are prevented from saying so by the current situation.

by the way, what they are doing (handwaving, smoke and mirrors) and talk about on Fridays has nothing to do with the Junta's aims, ie: goals and objectives. For that there is only one priority.

sorry, let me add: I do not personally believe that you are actually gullible and uninformed.

Your personal remarks do not make me fall into your bait trap.

The aim of Friday night is to inform. unlike the (keep them dumb) attitude of PTP. The priority you talk about ?? you had better inform the PM if you know more than him---propaganda is barely rolling-haven't you noticed how many boys are now not posting ?? keep your biased opinion and true to Shin-anti army rhetoric.

fab4 post # 3

I guess that "bunch" of losers are exercising their democratic right to criticise what they regard as a self appointed "government" in a country where they are still able to demonstrate that right.

Now let's put the matter into its true perspective...

I guess that "bunch" of losers the Civil Movement for Democracy (CMD) were exercising their democratic right to criticise what they saw and regarded as a self appointed "government" in a country where they were unable to demonstrate that right without fear of P.T.P. sponsored violence and murder.

Excellent comment that encapsulates the last P.T.P administration and the opposition that led to the removal of that puppet P.T.P.administration

• Like 1

Plot against coup? I say plot against stability. Plot against peace. Plot against innocent civilians. No coup here. And to think, the ones in Japan were part of the terrorist organization that spilt the blood of over 20 innocent civilians while the PTP let them do it with impunity. Of course they are upset. They are being held accountable at last. Red's hate accountability.

The definition of a coup is “a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.” This however does not provide much analytical assessment of the purpose behind these events. Coups can be conducted by a small group of rebels, or by a group backed by an entire insurgent movement. What happened in May was not a coup, but a counter-coup. The PTP and UDD, an insurgent movement and a party with an accused terrorist, accused mass murderer and convicted criminal fugitive as it's unelected leader conducted the actual coup over the past 3 years when it manipulated the democratic process and ignored the voice of the people while pushing through amnesty bills to allow the PM's brother to return to Thailand a free man. The Thai military and the majority (not a 43% majority mind you) of the populace recognized this and reversed the coup. They preserved their nation and reclaimed their country allowing peace and stability to flourish again.

No coup here. It is a democracy restoration team returning democracy to a country that has not seen it for years.

Edited by djjamie

INTERVENTION? Wow, more spin than the whirling dervishes.

back in May, the Military had a different word for it, too. I forget, but they did not like the word 'coup' and wanted people to call it something else, "event", or something similar.

I believe this is what you're looking for - it was a "change of administration", like what (sometimes) happens after an election, but without all that fuss coffee1.gif

Please avoid using the word coup because the context of what happened in Thailand is completely different,” Colonel Werachon Sukondhapatipak, the junta spokesman, said last night at the Foreign Correspondents Club of Thailand.

“The only thing that happened in Thailand is the change of the administration of this country.”

thanks - I had forgotten the term, but remember thinking it was a bit Orwellian

Despite thoroughly enjoying happy hour every Friday night with P Prayuth for the past few months and agreeing with him on many points I also find myself questioning the wisdom of effectively suspending the right of 60+ million people to think and discourse freely and to determine their own destiny. However my wife finds him and his candidness a breath of fresh air and I admit I too enjoy that we are both now a little more equal, in that we are both unable to vote. So party on power brokers enjoy your moments of glory...as if you won't, cos down here the song remains the same. I came for the beach I stayed for the smiles.

Yes the people should be able to choose their own destiny. The problem, lay's in the fact that they can not find the politicians who will listen to what they want.

Take Thailand for example. They elected a party to get certain things that were promised them. They got instead a leader who is living in self imposed exile to avoid a jail sentence he earned. The promises when brought about were so undermined with corruption that they would not work. Did the people get what they wanted no.

It is defiantly not a democratic leadership- they have now but they are getting what they want.

So which is better an unelected government given you what you want or an elected government not delivering on what you wanted?

Before the PTP red shirt supporters jump in with how come this and how come that. I will answer you right now because they have not had enough time to correct all the corruption the previous administration gave them and change or improve laws that are in existence that allowed the previous administration to get away with their actions as long as they did.

If the elected government hadn't been giving people what they want, then why were they the ones pushing so hard for another election. If your theory had been true, then the people would have been wanting to vote them out, and the logical thing for Pheu Thai to do would have been to try to delay the election as much as possible. Instead I saw them do the opposite.

It is not a theory it is a fact. They delivered corruption. They refused to listen to the people when they were told in no uncertain terms that the people did not want the Amnesty bill.

The attempted election was a desperate bid to retain their stranglehold on the Thai Treasury. It failed.

Even at the end when the general put a stop to the killing they were told to work out a plan to bring the sides together. The next day they all came in to a meeting where the army divided them up into their separate groups for another chance to see what they were willing to do to end it. They said nothing. At that point the General told them they didn't have to he would take over and do it for them and he did. Along with a lot of other things for Thailand that the PTP redshirt coalition would never consider. Things like paying the farmers. canceling corrupt deals to buy junk pads that were of no used. and on it goes.

• Like 2

We think this elected official and his supporters may have fascist tendencies.

Better burn the constitution, dissolve government, wipe our ass with 15 million votes, indiscrimminately attack voters, declare marshall law and install a military junta, you know, to protect democracy.

Children can work this out.

You claim

to protect democracy.

Let me correct that statement to show a more accurate assessment of the situation

to protect allow democracy

Children can work this out.

Despite thoroughly enjoying happy hour every Friday night with P Prayuth for the past few months and agreeing with him on many points I also find myself questioning the wisdom of effectively suspending the right of 60+ million people to think and discourse freely and to determine their own destiny. However my wife finds him and his candidness a breath of fresh air and I admit I too enjoy that we are both now a little more equal, in that we are both unable to vote. So party on power brokers enjoy your moments of glory...as if you won't, cos down here the song remains the same. I came for the beach I stayed for the smiles.

It is not a theory it is a fact. They delivered corruption. They refused to listen to the people when they were told in no uncertain terms that the people did not want the Amnesty bill.

The attempted election was a desperate bid to retain their stranglehold on the Thai Treasury. It failed.

Even at the end when the general put a stop to the killing they were told to work out a plan to bring the sides together. The next day they all came in to a meeting where the army divided them up into their separate groups for another chance to see what they were willing to do to end it. They said nothing. At that point the General told them they didn't have to he would take over and do it for them and he did. Along with a lot of other things for Thailand that the PTP redshirt coalition would never consider. Things like paying the farmers. canceling corrupt deals to buy junk pads that were of no used. and on it goes.

These are facts that these guys know about. These are the hard reasons they HAD to be thrown out by any means -luckily for Thailand it was done easily.

Problem here is our faithful few with the blessing we all have can air their views on TVF, even if they are a minute minority they will follow the same pattern relentlessly even now when more info is surfacing they still try to deny. ONLY counter the majorities honest views. BUT they have the right as per rule.

WHEN ?? you quote ? doesn't really matter if they turn round a country split by Thaksin for his own benefit. Thailand will wait now either way they will not mind if the corruption is whittled down and the money can go into the health and infrastructure.

So you reckon that they are going to channel "all that money" into health and infrastructure?? You're dreamin' ...clap2.gifcheesy.gif

WHEN ?? you quote ? doesn't really matter if they turn round a country split by Thaksin for his own benefit. Thailand will wait now either way they will not mind if the corruption is whittled down and the money can go into the health and infrastructure.

So you reckon that they are going to channel "all that money" into health and infrastructure?? You're dreamin' ...clap2.gifcheesy.gif

better to dream a little than have the anti army/whoever attitude. The PM has more heart for the country than any of the last SHIN/PTP put together.

You're inside his heart now are you? I think your assumptions are misguided and illogical... )and may prove to be wrong.) I think we'll need to let history be the judge.

Edited by mojorison

I guess these bunch of losers didn't get the memo from their boss from Dubai! Stop making trouble or they'll freeze my money! clap2.gif

there are many was to self appoint oneself. one buys votes, the other uses power.

the problem with money is that the people who value it are so fickle and simple. but power... that is something that is universal.

the rules are in place. only a fool focuses on the rules you cant break.

Is that all ?? Like Yingluck under orders from the road runner in Dubai, used the people of Thailand for PTP Shin benefit, not the Thai people.

enough of this anyway--old hat, there is no comparison between the honesty now and the dishonesty of PTP-amnesty.

Save your breath and your old style propaganda, it is long gone, this is a breath of non elected FRESH AIR.

What is old hat is your ilk going on about "orders from Dubai". Like I said in another post, Thai people knew exactly who they were voting for when they voted for Pheu Thai. Maybe they did so because they know the other side, far from being a breath of fresh air, actually STINKS.

The hate and anguish/frustration is for all to see. Tell the PM about the army control Quote " stinks" shame on a fellow westerner.

Plot against coup? I say plot against stability. Plot against peace. Plot against innocent civilians. No coup here. And to think, the ones in Japan were part of the terrorist organization that spilt the blood of over 20 innocent civilians while the PTP let them do it with impunity. Of course they are upset. They are being held accountable at last. Red's hate accountability.

The definition of a coup is “a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.” This however does not provide much analytical assessment of the purpose behind these events. Coups can be conducted by a small group of rebels, or by a group backed by an entire insurgent movement. What happened in May was not a coup, but a counter-coup. The PTP and UDD, an insurgent movement and a party with an accused terrorist, accused mass murderer and convicted criminal fugitive as it's unelected leader conducted the actual coup over the past 3 years when it manipulated the democratic process and ignored the voice of the people while pushing through amnesty bills to allow the PM's brother to return to Thailand a free man. The Thai military and the majority (not a 43% majority mind you) of the populace recognized this and reversed the coup. They preserved their nation and reclaimed their country allowing peace and stability to flourish again.

No coup here. It is a democracy restoration team returning democracy to a country that has not seen it for years.

Prayuth's seizure of power in May was definitely "sudden" (he had been saying he his imposition of martial law was "not a coup"), "violent" (if armed robbery is classed as a violent crime even if you don't fire a shot, then we can apply the same logic here), and definitely illegal under the existing laws at the time (whatever hand waving retrospective amnesties he may have given himself later).

555 restoring democracy by getting rid of elections. But like I said to you in another thread, I believe that you are actually a red supporter satirising the other side. If so then you are brilliant.

• Like 1