Red shirts in Japan ‘plot’ against coup

Lite Beer

Instead you are going focus on my response to your ridiculous claim that "the only major incidents of violence were being carried out by red/UDD thugs on BEHALF of the PTP." by suggesting that a quote from Wikipedia using facts supported by credible, referenced sources is somehow not credible. You are welcome to discredit the Wikipedia information if you can, I welcome you to try.

I'll give it a try. Only a fool would believe everything found in Wikipedia.

But getting back to the op, even I was surprised to read the news about the redshirts or UDD supporters demonstrating in Japan. Thought it was a bit crazy, what did they think Japan would do about it ?

Maybe the same thing the PDRC protesters that took to the streets in countries outside of Thailand, ie give them a plaform to voice their opinions??

Sometimes it happens to be the case, that groups are paid to voice opinions abroad. Sometimes persons voice opinions over a government that is no good, this does not seem to be happening as the country is more stable and relaxed than ever before. It seems to be the world over in general are not out on the streets shouting army get out. Coming back to my first sentence ---why Japan (red shirt fanatics) why not do it in Dubai ???

• Like 1

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that it? You're going to completely ignore the significant part of my post:

"I wanted the military to make it clear there would be no coup, that they stood by to support the elected government, and to stay in the barracks until called upon. I wanted the military to act like a military in a real democracy. The fact that they didn't act this way is one of many reasons why I question their qualifications for preparing Thailand for 'real democracy'."

and:

"I never wrote that the whole violence was down to Suthep's thugs, there was violence committed in the name of both sides. But the violence and intimidation that resulted in the February election being invalidated was done by Suthep's thugs, and it was their threat to do it again in July that is commonly used to justify the coup. Of course the coup was what they wanted, Suthep's protesters were filmed dancing in the streets after it was announced, so Prayuth rewarded the people who used violence and illegal protests that gridlocked the capital and government. The military, with Suthep's support, used a very different tactic in 2010."

and:

"2010 is very pertinent, and has been referenced more than once by the pro-coup posters. It illustrates the obvious bias of the military and its lack of respect for democracy."

Instead you are going focus on my response to your ridiculous claim that "the only major incidents of violence were being carried out by red/UDD thugs on BEHALF of the PTP." by suggesting that a quote from Wikipedia using facts supported by credible, referenced sources is somehow not credible. You are welcome to discredit the Wikipedia information if you can, I welcome you to try.

Was that significant? I suppose that your knowledge is so shallow that you consider Thailand before the coup a "real democracy" is. Forget that we had a billionaire buying a political party and appointing the PM and criminals to parliament; forget him accessing cabinet meetings; forget the lack of transparency and accountability and the crimes concealed; forget an informed populace, a critical press, and independent agencies starved of funds; forget suborned police; we had an election. Let's have another and do it again.

In the period leading up to the coup "the only major incidents of violence were being carried out by red/UDD thugs on BEHALF of the PTP." You don't like to proceed past Feb 2, but 2010 is very pertinent. Maybe not to those who made the decision based on current events.

I guess these bunch of losers didn't get the memo from their boss from Dubai! Stop making trouble or they'll freeze my money! clap2.gif

Please freeze all assets of that entire disgusting family in Thailand.

Forget about trying to do clever deals with them. It is would the same as doing deals with Putin or the Islamic State. Don't listen to them. Just shoot them 'em all down.

Isn't advocating violence illegal under martial law and against forum policy?

If you want examples of material which is against forum policy, start by reading your own anti-junta comments. whistling.gif

Do you think anti-junta comments are in the same league as advocating mass murder?

• Like 2

I guess these bunch of losers didn't get the memo from their boss from Dubai! Stop making trouble or they'll freeze my money! clap2.gif

I guess that "bunch" of losers are exercising their democratic right to criticise what they regard as a self appointed "government" in a country where they are still able to demonstrate that right.

the "bunch of losers" are the type who ignore the democratic rights of people in Isaan who oppose the UDD and similar. . We don't hear you bleating about them when it happens........take your Blinkers off and get a life

Thats the problem with politica here, when you dont get your own way, kick up a fuss, start rallying and it escalates from there. IMHO the coup happened because no one was willing to compromise for the sake of the country. The Junta have been in power for about 4 months, they say there will be elections in just over a years time, thats not long in politics, the Reds should give them that time, that another problem here, cant wait must have it now and now is never soon enough, part of the culture, its the way Thais live and buy / get into debt etc. This circle needs to be broken or history will go on repeating itself and Thailand never remembers ( they dont teach history).

I hope that it is false alarm and the Junta can fulfill what they said they would do, change the political landscape, rules/constitution etc and in a years time we will maybe, just maybe, see a new Thailand emerging, I am optimistic, although there are plenty here who are not.

Please explain why you think the army has some kind of moral right to be able to suspend democracy for any period of time at all.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do you really think that Thailand was democratic before the Army took over. It appeared to me that the Thaksin group were in Government due to vote buying at the Taxpayers expense...ie....The Thaksin Village loan scheme. 70,000 Thai villages were given an amount of baht to be lent out to villagers on the condition they voted for the "Red Shirts". The latest scheme of Thaksin was to give Rice Growers double the going market rate for their rice......another vote buying scheme and we know what happened to that. Is it democratic that opponents of red shirts in Isaan could stand for election without being threatened or killed??

The army had to do what they did to get Thailand to get back on track to true democracy and clean up the mess Thaksin and family left it in.

But getting back to the op, even I was surprised to read the news about the redshirts or UDD supporters demonstrating in Japan. Thought it was a bit crazy, what did they think Japan would do about it ?

Maybe the same thing the PDRC protesters that took to the streets in countries outside of Thailand, ie give them a plaform to voice their opinions??

Sometimes it happens to be the case, that groups are paid to voice opinions abroad. Sometimes persons voice opinions over a government that is no good, this does not seem to be happening as the country is more stable and relaxed than ever before. It seems to be the world over in general are not out on the streets shouting army get out. Coming back to my first sentence ---why Japan (red shirt fanatics) why not do it in Dubai ???

and sometimes people who are residing in other countries just get together and voice their distate at their respective Governments too, like I said, maybe they are/were Thai citizens living/working in Japan?

Why Japan and Not Dubai? Well you could ask that of any country, really, why not Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Mynamar, India, ??

I can't really answer why not Dubai, even though I've been there hundreds of times, maybe the fact the Arab world couldn't give a monkeys about anone else other than themselves, UAE has some weird laws, I'm just not 100% sure of the protest ones.

Martial Law is still in place, but it's not being enforced in many places, and never has been, lots of hi-so bars in BKK remained open and refused to close during the curfew, even now after many bars in Patts and Phuket were ordered to close at 0200 and stop the promoting of Alcohol, again, not being enforced, as did many on the Islands, the Army doesn't really have the manpower to enforce it to full effect.

It's a catch 22 for the PM and the RTA, if they start coming down heavy on establishments, and pubs and clubs etc, this mantra of "peace and reconcilliation" couldn't be further from the truth, especially if there's opposition to these closings, so Martial Law or not, there's items on the agenda that the NCPO said they'd fix, and they've done some token work, but the jet-ski operators are still scamming, as are the taxis' and really anyone else who believes they can get away with it.

Some people might say Martial Law has stopped the attacks, the attacks have stopped, but there's nothing for them to attack now, that's got to account for something. It's hasn't stopped the flow of bad guys into Bangkok, as they were, and more than likely still in Bangkok, the RTA are not searching every vehicle and occupants on the roads either, I could have been transporting heavy weaponry from Korat to Bangkok on many an occasion as the vehicle I was in was never stopped and checked, there were times I was driving, and other times my Thai Brother in Law, but all of those times, even recently as 3 weeks ago, we moved freely from Korat to Bangkok, if we can move freely, that means any bad guys can also move freely.

We're also not hearing much about the weapons cahches these days, after the good Friday ageement, the PIRA gave up a few, but it's common knowledge that they kept far more than they surrendered.. I would expect the same from the extremist elements from within the UDD.

Are all the troubles in Thailand over? I have my doubts about that, experience has taught me to be extremely cautious on matters that delicate, I hope they are, they thought the same in Iraq when the Americans left..

As long as the Junta don't start strongarm tactics, and isolating areas and populations, then there's no need to be concerned with what they're doing, and people will get on with their lives regardless, and it will be business as usual, but the minute you start isolating areas and imposing such things as exclusions zones, it starts to give people excuses to begin the violence.

Lets hope that never happens

Thats the problem with politica here, when you dont get your own way, kick up a fuss, start rallying and it escalates from there. IMHO the coup happened because no one was willing to compromise for the sake of the country. The Junta have been in power for about 4 months, they say there will be elections in just over a years time, thats not long in politics, the Reds should give them that time, that another problem here, cant wait must have it now and now is never soon enough, part of the culture, its the way Thais live and buy / get into debt etc. This circle needs to be broken or history will go on repeating itself and Thailand never remembers ( they dont teach history).

I hope that it is false alarm and the Junta can fulfill what they said they would do, change the political landscape, rules/constitution etc and in a years time we will maybe, just maybe, see a new Thailand emerging, I am optimistic, although there are plenty here who are not.

Please explain why you think the army has some kind of moral right to be able to suspend democracy for any period of time at all.

Do you really think that Thailand was democratic before the Army took over. It appeared to me that the Thaksin group were in Government due to vote buying at the Taxpayers expense...ie....The Thaksin Village loan scheme. 70,000 Thai villages were given an amount of baht to be lent out to villagers on the condition they voted for the "Red Shirts". The latest scheme of Thaksin was to give Rice Growers double the going market rate for their rice......another vote buying scheme and we know what happened to that. Is it democratic that opponents of red shirts in Isaan could stand for election without being threatened or killed??

The army had to do what they did to get Thailand to get back on track to true democracy and clean up the mess Thaksin and family left it in.

OMG it is so undemocratic for the government to spend taxpayers' money on healthcare schemes and agricultural subsidies that actually benefit the general public!!!

"Only a fool would believe everything found in Wikipedia."

True, but those statements supported by references to credible sources can generally be believed. But by all means please try to discredit the information I referenced. Have fun.

Also back to the OP, it would seem there are redshirts that protest for democracy even though Thaksin asked them to cooperate with the junta. That would be a whole new paradigm for some posters here, redshirts who don't dance to Thaksin's tune but work independently for democracy.

agree with your last statement.

The UDD / Red Shirts groups working for democracy only align with Thaksin when he does the same. And he tends to work more for himself and less for democracy unless it suits his purposes.

From where I sit, it looks like everyone is talking about democracy or thai-style democracy, but very few are actually working towards that goal.

OMG it is so undemocratic for the government to spend taxpayers' money on healthcare schemes and agricultural subsidies that actually benefit the general public!!!

"........agricultural subsidies that actually benefit the general public!!!"

The rice scam has cost every Thai citizen THB8,000 - 10,000 in taxation revenue. With the exception of PTP who used it to buy votes, those involved in the massive corruption like the G2G deal, the wealthy farmers who raked most of the subsidy, the warehouse owners who have been paid more than the stock is worth, and the land owners that savagely increased rents, how has the general public benefitted from it?

• Like 1

Comedy right?

Plotting against coup?

More feeble minded westerners in agreement?

Strangely , it's insidious and audacious to witness westerners , even Americans side with the ironically called democrats and/ or the righteous Junta one dare not disagree with.

All the hall marks of feeble elitist rhetoric are their along with trademark twists to truths.

It's rather disgusting to see these people delude not just themselves but try pathetically to deceive others

Reforms ( read rigging elections so no reds run)

Fair and balanced Thailand?

Returning happiness ?

Tourists rejoicing ?

Anti corruption ? ....like I said comedy

The rice scam has cost every Thai citizen THB8,000 - 10,000 in taxation revenue. With the exception of PTP who used it to buy votes, those involved in the massive corruption like the G2G deal, the wealthy farmers who raked most of the subsidy, the warehouse owners who have been paid more than the stock is worth, and the land owners that savagely increased rents, how has the general public benefitted from it?

If Pheu Thai used it to "buy votes", then it must have benefited an awful lot of people.

I travel to Isan a lot for work, and I really saw things change for the better in the past 3 years.

If Pheu Thai used it to "buy votes", then it must have benefited an awful lot of people.

I travel to Isan a lot for work, and I really saw things change for the better in the past 3 years.

That's it.? that's how you justify a blatant lie?

A politician's promise is worth less than a fairy's fart, as the idiots that failed to read the fine print soon found out. Come on, tell me what the members of my family and the rest of the general public got for their B10,000?

A politician's promise is worth less than a fairy's fart, as the idiots that failed to read the fine print soon found out. Come on, tell me what the members of my family and the rest of the general public got for their B10,000?

People such as my friend were able to set up businesses in places such as Ubol, because after Yingluck came to power people there actually had money to spend.

Tell me what the people of Isan and the North got under the "Democrats" reign, when 90% of government spending went to Bangkok?

But of course they don't count, because in yellow thinking they are subhuman, chai mai?

Edited by ThailandNoob

People such as my friend were able to set up businesses in places such as Ubol, because after Yingluck came to power people there actually had money to spend.

Tell me what the people of Isan and the North got under the "Democrats" reign, when 90% of government spending went to Bangkok?

But of course they don't count, because in yellow thinking they are subhuman, chai mai?

What has that to do with the blatant lie "agricultural subsidies that actually benefit the general public!!!" ?

How much money did "your friend" and others get out of the corruption jackpot?

The general public 'benefitted' from the scheme, by having to pay a higher-price, for their staple food, silly ! wink.png

The benefit was never aimed at helping the "general public", just supposedly at the rice-farmers & their families, in the areas where PTP draws its main political-support. The spin-off benefit, to millers & transport-firms & regional power-brokers & the political-supporters of Thaksin's alliance was merely an unfortunate side-effect, we're supposed to swallow ! facepalm.gif

Not that it's a bad thing, if the money had actually reached the farmers as-promised, but it's a long way from "the general public", as claimed by TN.

Of course the higher-prices were partly-compensated-for by the increased minimum-wage, at least for those who actually got it, eighteen-months later. But all the other poor, and those in non-rice-growing areas or self-employed, they're "general public" too, but they didn't benefit.

Wait instead for the next election-campaign, and some shiny bright new promises, from whomever. sad.png

• Like 1

What has that to do with the blatant lie "agricultural subsidies that actually benefit the general public!!!" ?

How much money did "your friend" and others get out of the corruption jackpot?

My friend (and a lot of other people) got the chance to start a business, because there were less people in Ubol living hand to mouth, and more people with disposable income.