Hunt for extortion ring 'godmother' in Pattaya

Lite Beer

" Pattaya, one of Asia's many spectacular tourist detonations. ",

I always wondered why some people say that Pats really goes off.

Pattaya one of Asia's spectacular toilets.

Aren't you Pattaya haters having the time of your life with a post like this... Of course, extortion rings exist all over the country and all over the world, for that matter, but who cares as long as you're having such a good time hating Pattagomorrah ?

About a month after the coup a mate overseas said to me are there any honest Thai's in Thailand?

I had been sending him news info on what the military had been discovering regards to graft and corruption.

I reckon there must be due to the law of averages, I said.

"Many say Pattaya is designed to attract the worst kind of foreign tourists."

Pattaya doesn't necessarily attract the worst kind of tourist, it attracts people looking to have fun, drink and get laid and that's not different from most tourists anywhere, those ones are just willing to spend a few extra baht to ensure that that is exactly what happens.That's what people go there for, because it damn isn't the beach that people go there for.

What Pattaya also happens to attract is scammers who like to prey on people who just want to have a good time. Since the police openly work with the scammers it becomes blatantly obvious that crime is ok and it does pay, such as the jet ski mafia who has been operating without incident for the last decade or so. Anyone with a few baht can convince the police that their scams are ok. It's been going on for so long it's become normal and that's what has allowed Pattaya to become the riddled mess it is.

What you can't do is blame it on the tourists. Pattaya knows EXACTLY what kind of tourist it's attracting, but it can't get the police to protect what is essentially an investment. That quite frankly is a shame.

How do they get a cash flow of 50 million baht from 100 people a month paying 2000 baht? Have to run for over 20 years to get that figure.

The figures came from the banks' passbooks that were confiscated.

Yep. Still doesn't add up though. Where's the rest of the money coming from?

Wisely invested ?