Scottish independence: Yes camp hails 'momentum'

Lite Beer

None of you have answered the question....why are the no campaign leaking support?

Is it not because they lied to the electorate on a wide range of issues?

The same lies you are repeating here....I have to laugh because I have already voted....yet none of you have a chance to influence the result anyway.

Intimidation!!

Bully boy tactics at schools/housing estates and outside jobcentres and food banks.

"Put that poster up in ya window we lassie and you'll have naw windows!"

Both sides have there fair share of spin.

The SNP have not answered the most important question of all, they just keep side stepping the issue and wave the flag.

You are not an independent country if you use the pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intimidation?....lmao....you make it sound like Zimbabwe......let's be clear....no one is watching you in the polling booth....all voters taking part can cross either box without fear of intimidation.

What a nonsense.

I'll tell you one thing.....more and more will vote YES by next week as they hear what the YES campaign has to say.....the brighter future for an independent Scotland.

It's actually laughable - it's got to the point that even the agencies of state in Scotland are turning against the No campaign.

I was just talking to a PF who told me that a letter was written to the three unionist parties reminding them of electoral law.

What a humiliation - and now they have all lined up in a photo-call saying,

"You know all those powers we announced in June? Just to let you know you are still getting them."

While each of them defecate themselves under the threat of arrest.

Watch the clip on this link - this morning in Scotland -

The Tories, Labour Party and Lib-Dems - cosying up - with that retard Lamont saying that she is "delighted"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29113547

To my fellow Scots - did you ever think you'd see the day?

• Like 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me add to that - Lamont - Scotish Labour Leader -

"We're not genetically programmed in Scotland to make political decisions" says Johann Lamont

Politically - she is dead meat in Scotland -------

The Tory in the clip? They have only one seat in Scotland.

The last guy, the Lib Dem? they were wiped out on mainland Scotland at the last Holyrood election.

The Unionist parties are drowning in their own BS>

Democracy at its worst. The Thick Majority may win. Like Thailand did with TRT.But if the English cut em off from the Handouts,and make em stand alone in every area, they Win.

Yes, maybe we should only allow the vote to the conceited and elite -

Which category are you in?

None of you have answered the question....why are the no campaign leaking support?

Is it not because they lied to the electorate on a wide range of issues?

The same lies you are repeating here....I have to laugh because I have already voted....yet none of you have a chance to influence the result anyway.

Intimidation!!

Bully boy tactics at schools/housing estates and outside jobcentres and food banks.

"Put that poster up in ya window we lassie and you'll have naw windows!"

Both sides have there fair share of spin.

The SNP have not answered the most important question of all, they just keep side stepping the issue and wave the flag.

You are not an independent country if you use the pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intimidation?....lmao....you make it sound like Zimbabwe......let's be clear....no one is watching you in the polling booth....all voters taking part can cross either box without fear of intimidation.

What a nonsense.

I'll tell you one thing.....more and more will vote YES by next week as they hear what the YES campaign has to say.....the brighter future for an independent Scotland.

It's actually laughable - it's got to the point that even the agencies of state in Scotland are turning against the No campaign.

I was just talking to a PF who told me that a letter was written to the three unionist parties reminding them of electoral law.

What a humiliation - and now they have all lined up in a photo-call saying,

"You know all those powers we announced in June? Just to let you know you are still getting them."

While each of them defecate themselves under the threat of arrest.

Watch the clip on this link - this morning in Scotland -

The Tories, Labour Party and Lib-Dems - cosying up - with that retard Lamont saying that she is "delighted"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29113547

To my fellow Scots - did you ever think you'd see the day?

The day when what, sold down the river by Scots. Now come on tb. You, or should I say, the SNP has noooooooooooooooooooo answers to the future, only bluster.

You put here in writing how YOU have sorted stuff out with the EU, currency, welfare, oil.

List it below. Theres a good chap. There are rules here, must be concrete evidence, no wishy washy sales talk. Go for it..........

• Like 1

The one thing with all this independence stuff that I don't understand is the SNP, before going on this venture, did not get concrete answer to the big questions to show voters what will actually occur if the vote YES. whistling.gif

I wonder why that stuff wasn't sorted. Not really cricket to just blind Scot voting folk with saber waving is it. sad.png

Show me examples of this "saber waving" please Mr Vader?

Well in modern day language I refer to sales talk, sorry, just thought readers would understand my words. whistling.gif

But it would be great if you, a YES guy, could show a little light as to why the SNP has not provided the answers to the biggies BEFORE going on this venture, cos for sure I have not read any. whistling.gif

You mean like the timetable to more powers to the Scottish parliament that the NO camp has just suddenly produced

from their majic bag. Why wasn't this on the table before they set out on this venture and before the postal votes and

before the polls indicated a possible favourable result for the YES camp. Desparate doings right enough. facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

On the plus side, if Scotland leaves the rest of us in the UK, our average life expectancy goes up a few years instantly. biggrin.png

As does your retirement age. Any truth in the rumour that in the event of a Yes vote, George Osborne won't allow the Scots to watch the Barclay's Premier League. whistling.gif

Edited by rajyindee

Of course the toffs are getting rattled. First Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth of Battenburg and Hanover is 'concerned' Now poor Kate's womb has been commandeered. Would not be surprised if an early announcement of the baby's name were not made: Robert, Bruce, Wallace, Brock, Ailsa, Bradana??? And while it is true that Scots used badger teeth instead of buttons,well obviously, I am assured there is no truth in the rumour that Scotland will be renamed Badgerland

Edited by hotsoup
  • Like 1

Most of the "no" views seem to focus on perceived negative effects for Scotland - however it is ENGLAND that should be worried after all it is England that has always been the "alpha" member of the Union.

I think what the problem is really is that the English fear for themselves....the end of the gravy train after 300 years, they have every right to be concerned. Yet they are at the same time shooting themselves in the foot; it is their whinging that adds strength by the minute to the "Yes" vote.

• Like 1

Of course the toffs are getting rattled. First Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth of Battenburg and Hanover is 'concerned' Now poor Kate's womb has been commandeered. Would not be surprised if an early announcement of the baby's name were not made: Robert, Bruce, Wallace, Ailsa, Bradana???

James or Charles?

Most of the "no" views seem to focus on perceived negative effects for Scotland - however it is ENGLAND that should be worried after all it is England that has always been the "alpha" member of the Union.

I think what the problem is really is that the English fear for themselves....the end of the gravy train after 300 years, they have every right to be concerned. Yet they are at the same time shooting themselves in the foot; it is their whinging that adds strength by the minute to the "Yes" vote.

Hmm, seems the humongous

populous of England must take the blame it seems.......sad.png and not the Scots who controlled stuff for many UK years eh......rolleyes.gif

A yes camp voter switches over to No...

This is why...

In short, everything that has happened in Europe since 2009 or so has demonstrated that sharing a currency without sharing a government is very dangerous. In economics jargon, fiscal and banking integration are essential elements of an optimum currency area. And an independent Scotland using Britain’s pound would be in even worse shape than euro countries, which at least have some say in how the European Central Bank is run.

I find it mind-boggling that Scotland would consider going down this path after all that has happened in the last few years. If Scottish voters really believe that it’s safe to become a country without a currency, they have been badly misled.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/08/opinion/paul-krugman-scots-what-the-heck.html?_r=1

Any chance of an answer by a blinkered flag waver?

• Like 2

This is why...

In short, everything that has happened in Europe since 2009 or so has demonstrated that sharing a currency without sharing a government is very dangerous. In economics jargon, fiscal and banking integration are essential elements of an optimum currency area. And an independent Scotland using Britain’s pound would be in even worse shape than euro countries, which at least have some say in how the European Central Bank is run.

I find it mind-boggling that Scotland would consider going down this path after all that has happened in the last few years. If Scottish voters really believe that it’s safe to become a country without a currency, they have been badly misled.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/08/opinion/paul-krugman-scots-what-the-heck.html?_r=1

They will not answer..........sad.png

It's difficult for the No vote to promote a load of promises because all people will think/say is why didn't this happen previously? It's a lot easier for the Yes vote to promise lots of benefits, whether they ever become reality or not doesn't really matter in the bluster of a referendum.

England will always do OK due to London which is an economy on its own.

A quick look around my local area in the Welsh valleys will tell you that fuel/oil/coal etc doesn't last forever and once it's gone or no longer economic you need to make sure you have an economy to fund a country without that sort of natural resource.

Good luck whatever you all choose.

Edited by Aceicol
  • Like 1

This is why...

Because they have no answer and will side step the issue with misdirection and blinkered nationalism.sad.png

This is why...

Because they have no answer and will side step the issue with misdirection and blinkered nationalism.sad.png

This topic has been answered umpteen times - you need to keep up with the discussion ;)

Hmm, seems the humongous

populous of England must take the blame it seems.......sad.png and not the Scots who controlled stuff for many UK years eh......rolleyes.gif

TA - I really believe that you show so little comprehension of other people's posts you are completely unable to make a coherent reply.

...and what pray, do yo mean by - " humongous populous of England"????? - and what "stuff" did they control?????

My feeling is you have absolutely no idea?
Edited by wilcopops

Hmm, seems the humongous

TA - I really believe that you show so little comprehension of other people's posts you are completely unable to make a coherent reply.

Weeeeeell, perhaps you are right, but no YES campaign has explained anything, sooooo, I don't give a shit what you think cos I am an ordinary guy, the same as an ordinary Scot that has NOT read any answers to the big questions. If you say I am a numnut, I am OK with that, but please tell us numnuts where the answers are, never seen 'em......sad.png

Hmm, seems the humongous

Weeeeeell, perhaps you are right, but no YES campaign has explained anything, sooooo, I don't give a shit what you think cos I am an ordinary guy, the same as an ordinary Scot that has NOT read any answers to the big questions. If you say I am a numnut, I am OK with that, but please tell us numnuts where the answers are, never seen 'em......sad.png

You've been taking part in these discussions for many months now so you have seen many answers to all the questions from both sides. Unfortunately there is so much rubbish being posted on the threads it is very hard to have a real discussion about any specific points. :(

This is why...

This topic has been answered umpteen times - you need to keep up with the discussion wink.png

Please inform me of an answer or a link to an answer because i'm yet to hear a rational sensible answer from the Yes camp on this question!

• Like 1

I know, but none of the YES blokes have shown me evidence of stuff being sorted regarding the big issues. They can rant, accuse me of stuff, BUT no one has answered the facts. Just show me/us/anyone where the SNP have cracked it.......thumbsup.gif

It would be a mistake to focus on the SNP. They are the current party-in-power in Edinburgh, but they will be subject to re-election in 2016. The referendum is not a vote for SNP or any other political party, it is for independence of the whole country.

A referendum to get into/out of EU would not be a general election -- would it ? ;)

I know, but none of the YES blokes have shown me evidence of stuff being sorted regarding the big issues. They can rant, accuse me of stuff, BUT no one has answered the facts. Just show me/us/anyone where the SNP have cracked it.......thumbsup.gif

It would be a mistake to focus on the SNP. They are the current party-in-power in Edinburgh, but they will be subject to re-election in 2016. The referendum is not a vote for SNP or any other political party, it is for independence of the whole country.

A referendum to get into/out of EU would not be a general election -- would it ? wink.png

If the Labour or Conservatives were in power, would they be going the independence route..?

A referendum to get into/out of EU would not be a general election -- would it ? wink.png

If the Labour or Conservatives were in power, would they be going the independence route..?

That's totally hypothetical, but to answer in part -- you will see reports of considerable Labour support for independence. But - as I said before - this is not about political parties. This is about independence and continuing democracy.

That's totally hypothetical, but to answer in part -- you will see reports of considerable Labour support for independence. But - as I said before - this is not about political parties. This is about independence and continuing democracy.

BUT NOBODY HAS BEEN TOLD THE TRUTH ABOUT STUFF. Please see the reason for my question..

In the polls.

BUT NOBODY HAS BEEN TOLD THE TRUTH ABOUT STUFF. Please see the reason for my question..

============================>>

What stuff do you not know about? There are literally thousands of websites giving lots of inforamtion about many aspects of the referendum. You would do well to read the BBC's summary of the reasons why the referendum has come about. I posted that link many times before. Politics does not express well as facts, because the "facts" are viewed through a political lens. We all have some preferences but it is not necessary to force our preferences on others.

In the polls.

Scottish independence: The perils of unprecedented polls

t's not easy taking opinion polls for an unprecedented election, such as the forthcoming Scottish independence referendum.

We've seen a great deal of attention given over the weekend to a poll from YouGov printed in the Sunday Times, which put the "Yes" campaign ahead by 51% to 49%, excluding the don't knows.

The first thing to say is that we should not get too excited about a single poll - another poll from Panelbase, for example, still puts the "No" campaign ahead.

The second thing is that one-off, yes or no elections present peculiar difficulties for pollsters, as the Alternative Voting System referendum in 2011 showed.

The way YouGov's polls work is that they have hundreds of thousands of people registered on their site who may be asked to take part in a poll.

The company's computer systems will take a group of people to reflect as closely as possible the electorate in terms of both demography and political views.

The responses given will then be weighted to make up for any parts of the panel that were not quite representative of the electorate.

One-off elections cause problems because it is hard to predict how big the turnout will be (although pollsters say that is more of a problem for low turnouts than high ones). With general elections, polling organisations may learn from mistakes made in previous campaigns, but with one-off elections they are breaking new ground.

So what can we learn from the last two weeks of polling? The gap between the two campaigns does seem to have narrowed to the extent that many commentators now see the referendum as too close to call.

It would certainly be a mistake to see a difference of two percentage points between the campaigns as significant.

Perhaps more significant is a less well-publicised aspect of the YouGov polling.

Because its results are taken from a panel, it can check people's responses against what they said in previous polls.

Apparently, almost half of the just over one thousand people included in each of the last two YouGov polls had taken part in another poll since January.

Looking at just the people who had expressed an opinion in the past, "in the last few weeks there has been a real and significant shift to yes", YouGov's Peter Kellner told BBC News.

One tenth of those saying "yes" now, had not said "yes" when asked previously, he said.

But while the London-based national newspaper headlines are all about saving the union, another source seems less convinced.

Gambling odds are often a good place to look for this sort of information, because they reflect views that people are prepared to back up with money.

Looking at the range of odds available on the referendum, most bookmakers are offering about 2-1 against a yes vote and about 4-11 on a no vote, which means you would have to bet £110 to make a £40 profit.

Gamblers still clearly think that no to Scottish independence is by far the most likely outcome.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29111447