Scottish independence: Yes camp hails 'momentum'

Lite Beer

The gloves are off.

Amazing how the BBC are spreading propaganda.

It's not a smackdown in any way, shape or form. Other than too a blinkered Yesser. To an impartial viewer, Salmond just makes himself look silly because at no point does he answer the question. He just blusters and diverts attention.

Nothing new thenrolleyes.gif

£?facepalm.gif

Maybe Alex Salmonds never thought the nationalist would succeed with a "YES" Just maybe he thought if they put up a strong showing the Westminster elite would come along and offer yet more concessions and inducements to those poor oppressed Scots. Well lets hope there is a "YES" vote , it sure will help the employment figures in the rest of the UK.

I don't mean any of them ill will, hope they all do great, but frankly I've had enough of hearing "the Englush this and the Englush thaaat, it's all the Englush's fault".

Vote Yes!

• Like 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The gloves are off.

Amazing how the BBC are spreading propaganda.

It's not a smackdown in any way, shape or form. Other than too a blinkered Yesser. To an impartial viewer, Salmond just makes himself look silly because at no point does he answer the question. He just blusters and diverts attention.

Nothing new thenrolleyes.gif

£?facepalm.gif

So he wants an enquiry into a supposedly government leak that he does't like, fair enough, but what about the leak from an Anonymous government source a few months back, stating that there would be a sharing of the pound. I don't recall him demanding an enquiry into that leak, I wonder why.

Another potential job boost for Yorkshire, Clydesdale bank are to re-register as a UK company in the event of a "YES" vote, relocating to Leeds. The news just keeps getting better and better.

Clydesdale Bank are going down the tubes quick at any rate.

As we all know Scotland will not be able to officially share the £, and the Euro is years away, this leaves the option of Scotland having it's own pound. Unfortunately out of 3 banks in Scotland who can print Monopoly money that people outside refuse to accept, two have already indicated their intention to relocate south, what happens if the third also moves south, who is going to print and issue bank notes?.

Another potential job boost for Yorkshire, Clydesdale bank are to re-register as a UK company in the event of a "YES" vote, relocating to Leeds. The news just keeps getting better and better.

Clydesdale Bank are going down the tubes quick at any rate.

As we all know Scotland will not be able to officially share the £, and the Euro is years away, this leaves the option of Scotland having it's own pound. Unfortunately out of 3 banks in Scotland who can print Monopoly money that people outside refuse to accept, two have already indicated their intention to relocate south, what happens if the third also moves south, who is going to print and issue bank notes?.

This is such a stupid post as to be laughable.

I'm currently in Jersey.....which doesn't have its own bank....yet manages to print its own notes....as does Guernsey....same on the Isle of Man.

I suppose Scotland might choose to do the same.

You really are barking up the wrong tree with this kind of stuff.

The scare stories of ignorance.

love hime or loathe him Gorgeous George Galloway nails it ... gonna be No by a mile and then Westminster will never allow a fair election ever again as it had them really scared for a brief moment until the big guns came out determined to trash the movement.

http://theneedleblog.wordpress.com/2014/09/11/george-galloway-argues-against-scottish-independence/

• Like 1

love hime or loathe him Gorgeous George Galloway nails it ... gonna be No by a mile and then Westminster will never allow a fair election ever again as it had them really scared for a brief moment until the big guns came out determined to trash the movement.

http://theneedleblog.wordpress.com/2014/09/11/george-galloway-argues-against-scottish-independence/

Rarely agree with G.Galloway but yes, he nails it. It's about hated and divisiveness and it will turn out to be all about personal gain for the few. i.e, Salmond.

Rarely agree with G.Galloway but yes, he nails it. It's about hated and divisiveness and it will turn out to be all about personal gain for the few. i.e, Salmond.

George Galloway?

Well it will be colourful whatever happens!

So if we get the no vote it will show Scotland's commitment to the cause.

I expect after a no vote we will have....

The Bank of the United Kingdom

All bank notes will be from same Bank of the UK

No more separate sporting teams....always a UK side

A new inclusive national anthem

And of course Alex Salmond leading the new Labour Party.

So if we get the no vote it will show Scotland's commitment to the cause.

I expect after a no vote we will have....

The Bank of the United Kingdom

All bank notes will be from same Bank of the UK

No more separate sporting teams....always a UK side

A new inclusive national anthem

And of course Alex Salmond leading the new Labour Party.

He will get about 100 feet across the border until he is bumped off

RBS is owned by the UK tax payer, so in reality all their employees are civil servants.

RBS as said it will move it's HQ south if a Yes vote.

So the SNP get rid of their debt riddled bank and start a new one with chocolate smarties.

Do we accept chocolate smarties south of the border?

"RBS is owned by the UK tax payer, so in reality all their employees are civil servants."

In reality, the employees of the RBS are ... wait for it ... employees of the RBS.

Owning Shares/Stocks in a company, a private enterprise does not give you direct management of that company, nor do the Companies Employees become your employees. The CFO, CEO are employed to make managerial decisions, The Chairman and the Board oversee this. Owners of the Shares get to vote, but not manage.

I'm not saying, for a second, that the RBS would not relocate to within the UK if the Yes vote wins ... it probably makes fiscal and administration sense to make that move ... but not for the reasons that BKK Blues Brothers espouses above.

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

RBS is owned by the UK tax payer, so in reality all their employees are civil servants.

The UK government is a major shareholder in RBS which is a public limited company quoted on the UK stock exchange. Its employees are just that - they are not civil servants. They are not employed by the government.

sustento ... just read your comments ... thumbsup.gif

Well George Galloway made a complete ass of himself tonight.....that coupled with the BBC use of sock puppets to explain the independence issue to 16/17 year olds just nailed the coffin of the no campaign.

Thanks to the BBC and no campaigners....you really are as vacant as we thought.

Great performance by Nicola Sturgeon as you would expect. Ho hum....perhaps your "big gun" Cameron will take up Salmond's challenge next? laugh.png

I have to say, even though I lived in the UK and in Ireland for some time, visited Northern Ireland and Wales ... I never did get to Scotland.

One day, I hope, I will right that wrong and see the natural beauty that Scotland is acclaimed for.

Be she Independent or part of the Union.

I have to say, even though I lived in the UK and in Ireland for some time, visited Northern Ireland and Wales ... I never did get to Scotland.

One day, I hope, I will right that wrong and see the natural beauty that Scotland is acclaimed for.

Be she Independent or part of the Union.

They used sock puppets in a serious political debate!!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

That is a scary figure ... eye popping actually ... w00t.gif

In Australia, despite having a relatively small National Debt by comparison, is striving to do better and reduce that debt to zero and have a National Surplus within a decade.

Maybe that why they charged me for $3,000 for MissFarmGirl's Visa ... and will take 12 months to decide on it ... facepalm.gif

If there is Independence for Scotland in this vote, in regards to the Currency, is it just too simple an idea to use the existing Scottish Pound and simply peg it to the UK Pound?

Surely Scotland can't use the UK pound or the Euro?

Asking, not telling.

If there is Independence for Scotland in this vote, in regards to the Currency, is it just too simple an idea to use the existing Scottish Pound and simply peg it to the UK Pound?

Asking, not telling.

See my previous post regards Jersey or Guernsey David...answer is of course we can.

Asking, not telling.

See my previous post regards Jersey or Guernsey David...answer is of course we can.

The Guv of the bank of England begs to differ on this point.

Asking, not telling.

The Guv of the bank of England begs to differ on this point.

Really?

Is he planning to force Jersey and Guernsey to use potatoes as currency from next week onwards?

Another denial in the face of truth.