Lite Beer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Neeranam post # 835

For a start, I don't believe a word I read in the Daily Torygraph.

And your sources of information are?

Why can't you or won't you post your sources comments to provide all of us interested in the matter a balanced set of comments?

When I was at school, we were told that common knowledge didn't need citation.

The Daily Telegraph has been politically conservative in modern times.[16] The personal links between the paper's editors and the leadership of theConservative Party, along with the paper's generally right wing stance and influence over Conservative activists, have resulted in the paper commonly being referred to, especially in Private Eye, as the Torygraph.[16] Even when Conservative support was shown to have slumped in the opinion polls and Labourbecame ascendant in them (particularly when leader Tony Blair rebranded the party as "New Labour" on becoming leader after the death of John Smith in 1994), the newspaper remained loyal to the Conservatives. This loyalty continued after Labour ousted the Conservatives from power by a landslide election result in 1997, and in the face of Labour election wins in 2001 and the third successive Labour election win in 2005.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Telegraph

• Like 1

Before anyone/everyone gets too carried away with the "yes momentum", remember there is a parade for the NO vote expected to be upwards of 15,000 strong, planned by mainly ordinary working-class Scottish people in Edinburgh tomorrow (Sat 13/09/14).

And who exactly decided 16 year olds could vote? At that age it is almost instinctive to go against established attitudes.

Edited by rott
  • Like 2

Before anyone/everyone gets too carried away with the "yes momentum", remember there is a parade for the NO vote expected to be upwards of 15,000 strong, planned by mainly ordinary working-class Scottish people in Edinburgh tomorrow (Sat 13/09/14).

And who exactly decided 16 year olds could vote? At that age it is almost instinctive to go against established attitudes.

clap2.gif , glad l ain't the only one that can "read" through stuff.......thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

love hime or loathe him Gorgeous George Galloway nails it ... gonna be No by a mile and then Westminster will never allow a fair election ever again as it had them really scared for a brief moment until the big guns came out determined to trash the movement.

http://theneedleblog.wordpress.com/2014/09/11/george-galloway-argues-against-scottish-independence/

Rarely agree with G.Galloway but yes, he nails it. It's about hated and divisiveness and it will turn out to be all about personal gain for the few. i.e, Salmond.

I've also wondered from the start, why George Gallaway was't the leader of the No campaign instead of that dull Alistair Darling. Like him or hate him Alex Salmonds is a great orator and debater only surpassed on the Scottish scene by George. Me thinks, that maybe there are people in Westminster who would prefer a "YES" result the same as I and many, many Englishmen.

George Gallaway and Alex Salmond on a live TV debate!! Bit late in the day, but wow was Gallaway fantastic last night!Straight to the point with no bluster and misdirection.

The English are destined for a right wing goverment now for the next 100 years because they losethe Scottish Labour MP's.

The Scots will be sorry about that!

Scottish independence can be compared to Irish independence 100 years ago.

What happened? Civil service pay cuts and Tax raises, it took the country 80 years to find it's footing.

clap2.gif , glad l ain't the only one that can "read" through stuff.......thumbsup.gif

You guys make me laugh....the BBC editing of the big debate with 8000 16/17 year olds had them forcing some of the kids into the no area cos there weren't enough no voters amongst them.

Then they edited out all the booing of the no lot.....and Galloway made a complete tit of himself.

I'll be surprised if they get 15000 at their rally folks.....unless they bus them up from down south for the event....which wouldn't surprise me at all at this stage!

The media and the BBC in particular comes out of this campaign smelling like a giant turd.

Yet still the YES campaign rolls on....you can't defeat grass roots politics!! biggrin.png

OH and for the "That's not true" brigade....go check it out on twitter.....that's where the kids have been discussing it.....maybe you will learn something.

Oh and the puppets.....oh how much did we all chuckle at that.....

Edited by smokie36

You guys make me laugh....the BBC editing of the big debate with 8000 16/17 year olds had them forcing some of the kids into the no area cos there weren't enough no voters amongst them.

Then they edited out all the booing of the no lot.....and Galloway made a complete tit of himself.

I'll be surprised if they get 15000 at their rally folks.....unless they bus them up from down south for the event....which wouldn't surprise me at all at this stage!

The media and the BBC in particular comes out of this campaign smelling like a giant turd.

Yet still the YES campaign rolls on....you can't defeat grass roots politics!! biggrin.png

Are you saying there are no Scots giant turds leading folk on with sales talk and nooooooooo answers....?............Be truthful now, noooooo smoke.........Would love you to tell me the SNP has solved all the unanswered questions.......thumbsup.gif

Transam you have contributed nothing but bluster to this conversation right from the start.

I understand your position as a unionist....but I have told you repeatedly that Scotland needs to take an element of risk in moving forward alone.

Any country seeking independence does this....mind not one of them ever seeks a union after gaining their independence!

Are you saying there are no Scots giant turds leading folk on with sales talk and nooooooooo answers....?............Be truthful now, noooooo smoke.........Would love you to tell me the SNP has solved all the unanswered questions.......thumbsup.gif

If every last tiny detail of separation had been worked out long before this was ever put to a vote there would be no need for any of this "campaigning" on either side.

Whole thing's a farce and insulting to Scottish people. They just don't know how it's going to work. At the moment it's just Mel Gibson in Braveheart.

I've never seen the film so that blows your theory out of the water somewhat.

^^ It's still a farce. Where are the details? How does the transition happen smoothly to prevent chaos?

I'm far from against the complete break up of the Union. I'd just like to see it happen sensibly in an organised planned way so people don't suffer. Right now it's all about Salmond's political career and more importantly for him, his massive ego.

But go on, carry on . . .

If every last tiny detail of separation had been worked out long before this was ever put to a vote there would be no need for any of this "campaigning" on either side.

Whole thing's a farce and insulting to Scottish people. They just don't know how it's going to work. At the moment it's just Mel Gibson in Braveheart.

I've never seen the film so that blows your theory out of the water somewhat.

Chummy, this English guy (me) has not yet read the nuts and bolts facts. Neither have you or the voters. It is a crazy situation for folk who do not like folk. That is it. If you do not agree tell me/us why. Your words now.......thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

If your alluding to the rise of UKIP, you could't be more wrong ...

I wasn't so the rest of your post was wasted. thumbsup.gif They (our partners in the EU) were being referred to as the Krauts, Frogs etc long before Farage made his entrance. Why is that the English have these derogatory names for just about every other significant nationality? Is it a need to look down on, or sneer at everyone? I've never understood nor wished to be associated with it.

Edited by rajyindee

Hey transam....many of us HAVE considered our position very carefully.....you are insulting us to suggest otherwise.

Like I said....its a leap into the unknown....but we have faith in sorting our own future.

What is the UK offering apart from tuition fees, a semi privatised NHS, exclusion from the EU, a billion pounds a week in debt payments and a Tory government we would never vote for?

Tell me tell me?

Hey transam....many of us HAVE considered our position very carefully.....you are insulting us to suggest otherwise.

Like I said....its a leap into the unknown....but we have faith in sorting our own future.

What is the UK offering apart from tuition fees, a semi privatised NHS, exclusion from the EU, a billion pounds a week in debt payments and a Tory government we would never vote for?

Tell me tell me?

But it wouldn't be a leap into the unknown if Salmond and Co had actually done their jobs rather than relying on embarrassing sound bites. It should not be a leap into the unknown, everything should have been worked out beforehand and then put to a vote.

This ^

Tell me tell me?

But it wouldn't be a leap into the unknown if Salmond and Co had actually done their jobs rather than relying on embarrassing sound bites. It should not be a leap into the unknown, everything should have been worked out beforehand and then put to a vote.

Mr Cameron should have approached the EU and got a definitive answer on the Scottish question and refused to do so.

It goes both ways this....much of what you are hearing is pure political manoeuvring...especially on the currency issue.

Therefore....it is impossible to give cast iron guarantees on either side.....welcome to the playground that is UK politics.....in which voters must sift through the junk and find their own answers.

• Like 1

Tell me tell me?

Did UK have everything worked out before joining the EU? Did they have all the bases covered when we went decimal? Events have proved not ;)

Tell me tell me?

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, I am far from insulting. Don't even go there eh. As an English guy your SNP has NOT given you the answers for YOU to go forward. Absolutely nothing, if I can see it Why can't you...?

The present UK gov is crap, WE ALL KNOW THAT, it is NOT a Conservative voted in gov. IT IS A CRAP DUO, we know that but that is how stuff is.

If you think all will be better if a YES vote, you are ___________Cos the YES folk have Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo answers have they, HAVE THEY...?

• Like 1

Tell me tell me?

Did UK have everything worked out before joining the EU? Did they have all the bases covered when we went decimal? Events have proved not ;)

Interestingly they tried to backtrack this week and offer Devo Max until they realised they were breaking the rules.

The no campaign hasn't got a clue in reality....they are offering more of the same.....unemployment...debt....and the added benefit of privatised NHS and tuition fees for our kids through reduced budgets for the Scottish Parliament.

What a lovely bunch of liars they have been throughout this campaign!

And STILL the BBC tries to hide the truth.....let's have an unedited view of yesterday's debate with 8000 16/17 year olds.....the twitter comments during and afterwards reveal the truth....no were booed off the stage while the BBC had to fill their no section with YES voters.

Oh and on the same twitter link dozens came on to say Nicola Sturgeon's words had changed their opinion from no to YES.

Welcome to the truth of this debate.

• Like 1

Tell me tell me?

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, I am far from insulting. Don't even go there eh. As an English guy your SNP has NOT given you the answers for YOU to go forward. Absolutely nothing, if I can see it Why can't you...?

The present UK gov is crap, WE ALL KNOW THAT, it is NOT a Conservative voted in gov. IT IS A CRAP DUO, we know that but that is how stuff is.

If you think all will be better if a YES vote, you are ___________Cos the YES folk have Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo answers have they, HAVE THEY...?

So stuff is crap and we should just put up with it and drink some warm beer?

Well I am not against the warm beer....and indeed I have no plan to remain long term residing in Scotland....but to me our kids have a better future in an independent Scotland....right now our society is badly prejudiced against poorer kids....and I want to see them have a fair crack at a better future.

The UK is broken transam.....and a no vote won't fix that.

Latest from the markets, due to the impending separation the £ is down 1% against the US dollar, the SET down by 1.02%. The sell off of Scottish interest is far greater with the Royal Bank of Scotland down 3.53%, Edinburgh headquartered Standard Life down 3.87%, Glasgow engineers Weir down 2.54%. However One good piece of news for the Scottish economy, will be the availability of empty office space and factories after their present owners move south.

From the BBC this am, some big businrss's are getting ready to at least move their HQ south.

Latest from the markets, due to the impending separation the £ is down 1% against the US dollar, the SET down by 1.02%. The sell off of Scottish interest is far greater with the Royal Bank of Scotland down 3.53%, Edinburgh headquartered Standard Life down 3.87%, Glasgow engineers Weir down 2.54%. However One good piece of news for the Scottish economy, will be the availability of empty office space and factories after their present owners move south.

From the BBC this am, some big businrss's are getting ready to at least move their HQ south.

The usual nonsense....wait and see what happens in reality....which will be nothing at all.

Tell me tell me?

So stuff is crap and we should just put up with it and drink some warm beer?

Well I am not against the warm beer....and indeed I have no plan to remain long term residing in Scotland....but to me our kids have a better future in an independent Scotland....right now our society is badly prejudiced against poorer kids....and I want to see them have a fair crack at a better future.

The UK is broken transam.....and a no vote won't fix that.

But YOU think the UK kid has a different life from a Scots kid...noooooooooooooo.