Scottish independence: Yes camp hails 'momentum'

Lite Beer

Facts are facts Smokes, not about a horse stumbling at the final furlong cos it's run out of steam. Facts must be taken into consideration all the way to the finishing post. The YES guys have NOOOOOOOOOO answers, nothing. 50% of Scots see this and will NOT be taken in by sales talk, why, cos they ain't daft.

If the YES folk want to achieve their aim by "spinning" facts, well, just hope folk read through it. I would love to say something here which the YES folk would w00t.gif to hear, but I will not sink to that depth .......whistling.gif

Ill be honest, ive been voraciously reading all day, and im swinging back to Yes if anything. And i put myself as a nice middle ground voter that wants to see all sides. Its exciting. If anything, the polls from the last twenty four hours show such wild variation that this is still up for grabs with plenty of time for momentum to really build. The yes campaign are also going to hammer the No campaign on:

1. BBC bias.

2. The empty promises of devo max.

3. An orchestrated campaign of scaremongering among business leaders in collusion with SPECIFICALLY David Cameron.

If they make either of those stick (and they are making at least the first two stick at the moment), thats a lot of potential voters theyre playing to.

The no campaign on the other hand are offering more of the same.

It would be tough to suggest, even for me, that the no campaign are consolidating now. Theyre under siege and only a concerted drive on at least that second point will see them through. But the promises have to have substance behind them, and if they let that cat out of the bag, you watch the backbenchers crawl from tehir hole to rubbish any new powers to Scotland and burst the balloon. Scary times for no. Im simultaneously thrilled and terrified.

If the SNP had the "real" answers I think the YES would have it, but they ain't. Surely Scot folk see that. Have read folks "spiel" about oil will fix all but we know it has a "life". A short sighted fix to "free" everything. Gawd...........it really is daft that a couple of million tax payers are going to provide all.....Crazy..........BUT wait, N.Korea may be the saviour eh.......w00t.gif

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Facts are facts Smokes, not about a horse stumbling at the final furlong cos it's run out of steam. Facts must be taken into consideration all the way to the finishing post. The YES guys have NOOOOOOOOOO answers, nothing. 50% of Scots see this and will NOT be taken in by sales talk, why, cos they ain't daft.

If the YES folk want to achieve their aim by "spinning" facts, well, just hope folk read through it. I would love to say something here which the YES folk would w00t.gif to hear, but I will not sink to that depth .......whistling.gif

Ill be honest, ive been voraciously reading all day, and im swinging back to Yes if anything. And i put myself as a nice middle ground voter that wants to see all sides. Its exciting. If anything, the polls from the last twenty four hours show such wild variation that this is still up for grabs with plenty of time for momentum to really build. The yes campaign are also going to hammer the No campaign on:

1. BBC bias.

3. An orchestrated campaign of scaremongering among business leaders in collusion with SPECIFICALLY David Cameron.

If they make either of those stick (and they are making at least the first two stick at the moment), thats a lot of potential voters theyre playing to.

It would be tough to suggest, even for me, that the no campaign are consolidating now. Theyre under siege and only a concerted drive on at least that second point will see them through. But the promises have to have substance behind them, and if they let that cat out of the bag, you watch the backbenchers crawl from tehir hole to rubbish any new powers to Scotland and burst the balloon. Scary times for no. Im simultaneously thrilled and terrified.

Simple truth is they can't say any more on Devo Max although \Cameron would love to give concessions at this point to save his skin.

They have already stepped dangerously close to breaking the election rules and I can't see them trying it again.

Unless sheer desperation sets in by Wednesday......

On another note....what do you think Rupert Murdoch is doing in Scotland this week?

Buying kilts for the page 3 girls ? w00t.gif

• Like 2

Good luck to the Scottish - what ever they decide. I say that as an Englishman - genuinely ! The Scottish Folk still have plenty of " spunk " and won't let others take over their country. George Galloway - mmmmmm. I hate most of what he spouts - but the guy is a very accomplished performer. There are various factions that I would rather he support than oppose because his performances are pretty good ! Unfortunately, whilst I have rather a fond liking of the fella, I am opposed to most of what he says !

If I ever return to UK, I would most likely prefer to live in an independent Scotland as opposed to a $$$/&@?/Islam$&/ spineless England any day.

George referred to ( in one of his latest speeches ) about a " Frenzied gathering of UK Soldiers " at a recent Ibrox Game all dressed in uniform and behaving in a very aggressive manner - which apparently gave him great cause for concern! Well, Mr George..... I can only hope that escalates and actually gets the Media coverage it should get......because maybe then, a few would wake up south of that H Wall and smell and see the coffee and all it's colour !

There were 10 German Bombers in the sky, there were 10 German Bombers in the sky, there were 10 German Bombers, 10 German Bombers, 10 German bombers in the sky. And the RAF from England shot them down, the RAF from England shot them down......go for it boys..... And never forget lads like Lee Rigby...... Press suppression stops us in England saying what we want to say !!

Don't think about about a few pounds lost here n a few bob lost there, protect your own interests and be independent from the spineless political wan/ers from England - be grateful for the opportunity to take control of your own destiny!

Best wishes !

Not quite what you wrote today post 934 in the thread "Does Britain have a jihad problem"

This post was all about me expressing my " fed-up-ness " - mainly with the UK Govt......but I suppose in some part with the passive attitude of the English People. It is true, however, that I think the Scottish, Welsh and Irish People are far less tolerant of this sort of " crap " and I doubt that the General Public would accept it anywhere close to the scale that English Folk do !

It frustrates me to death to see and hear what is going on in England and the way that the media and authorities censor opinions and coverage in the pursuit of P.C ness.

However, whilst I am a very frustrated Englishman, I have served my time in the working class environments of England and I was brought up in a very tough area of Yorkshire and know only too well that whilst folk are generally very friendly in England, they are also a tough bunch - and when " push comes to shove " I certainly wouldn't want to be on the other side !

Don't mistake my frustration for a lack of patriotism - I still walk around in my Union Jack shorts and hat !!

I was only saying to my pal in Glasgow yesterday that every time an Englishman opens his mouth to speak about this election I rub my hands in anticipation. rolleyes.gif

But is he your pal..........coffee1.gif

I have no idea what you are talking about....so that makes two of us I think!

YES or NO - the referendum is going to give the UK the most serious political kick up the arse they've had for decades....if not centuries......they will HAVE to review how the UK nations operate and even look at the 2 party system, which is far too geographic in nature

No bad thing Wilco, no bad thing at all.

who is suggesting what is a "bad thing"?

I was agreein . . . Oh never mind. Best of luck.

1. BBC bias.

If the SNP had the "real" answers I think the YES would have it, but they ain't. Surely Scot folk see that. Have read folks "spiel" about oil will fix all but we know it has a "life". A short sighted fix to "free" everything. Gawd...........it really is daft that a couple of million tax payers are going to provide all.....Crazy..........BUT wait, N.Korea may be the saviour eh.......w00t.gif

Real answers will come, but only when real conditions are available. The blueprint is an SNP document at the end of the day. It shoudl be held to the same standard that a party manifesto is held. Labour are anti-independence, the tories are anti-independence and the lib-dems are anti-independence. They wouldnt have been consulted on its standpoints (and took great pleasure in rubbishing them). Salmond can only offer his idea based upon a hypothetical situation based entirely upon imaginary conditions that are yet to even be figured out.

Theres no impetus at all for the British government to even ENTERTAIN the prospect of independence and negotiate on the break up of the UK. This begins on Friday 19th should a yes vote somehow occur. Then youll see more sensible pronouncements and a clear realisation of what people have to work with. Or rather youll see the worlds most boring and complicated game of poker being played out for the cameras.

Maybe the closest youll really get to answers will come in the party manifestos for the 2016 Scottish Parliament elections. The trouble for that kind of negativity and attack is that the scottish people know all this already. They're appraised of the fact that this is something of a leap into the unknown. The parachute is oil. Right now. But thats the last answer we want. We want a vibrant modern economy. Oil should only be a bonus on top of this. It shouldnt be plan A. And it wont be. Scotland and the Scottish people have more to offer the world than an accident of nature. And its this idea that perhaps scotland can actually succeed on its own (even without the parachute) that maybe allows the thoughts to turn to yes. Oil isnt the answer in itself. Its maybe a safety net for negotiations to begin with a touch of risk. But its not the end game.

If your words are of/from real Scots, then I cannot argue. If real Scots want to do there thing BLIND, and vote for that, noooooo argument from me. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Good luck to the Scottish - what ever they decide. I say that as an Englishman - genuinely ! The Scottish Folk still have plenty of " spunk " and won't let others take over their country. George Galloway - mmmmmm. I hate most of what he spouts - but the guy is a very accomplished performer. There are various factions that I would rather he support than oppose because his performances are pretty good ! Unfortunately, whilst I have rather a fond liking of the fella, I am opposed to most of what he says !

If I ever return to UK, I would most likely prefer to live in an independent Scotland as opposed to a $$$/&@?/Islam$&/ spineless England any day.

George referred to ( in one of his latest speeches ) about a " Frenzied gathering of UK Soldiers " at a recent Ibrox Game all dressed in uniform and behaving in a very aggressive manner - which apparently gave him great cause for concern! Well, Mr George..... I can only hope that escalates and actually gets the Media coverage it should get......because maybe then, a few would wake up south of that H Wall and smell and see the coffee and all it's colour !

There were 10 German Bombers in the sky, there were 10 German Bombers in the sky, there were 10 German Bombers, 10 German Bombers, 10 German bombers in the sky. And the RAF from England shot them down, the RAF from England shot them down......go for it boys..... And never forget lads like Lee Rigby...... Press suppression stops us in England saying what we want to say !!

Don't think about about a few pounds lost here n a few bob lost there, protect your own interests and be independent from the spineless political wan/ers from England - be grateful for the opportunity to take control of your own destiny!

Best wishes !

Not quite what you wrote today post 934 in the thread "Does Britain have a jihad problem"
This post was all about me expressing my " fed-up-ness " - mainly with the UK Govt......but I suppose in some part with the passive attitude of the English People. It is true, however, that I think the Scottish, Welsh and Irish People are far less tolerant of this sort of " crap " and I doubt that the General Public would accept it anywhere close to the scale that English Folk do !

It frustrates me to death to see and hear what is going on in England and the way that the media and authorities censor opinions and coverage in the pursuit of P.C ness.

However, whilst I am a very frustrated Englishman, I have served my time in the working class environments of England and I was brought up in a very tough area of Yorkshire and know only too well that whilst folk are generally very friendly in England, they are also a tough bunch - and when " push comes to shove " I certainly wouldn't want to be on the other side !

Don't mistake my frustration for a lack of patriotism - I still walk around in my Union Jack shorts and hat !!

I completely agree with you, and as another Yorkshireman I'm looking forward to thousands of jobs coming to Yorkshire, maybe we Yorkshire folk should act like spoilt children and demand Home rule, then the powers that be can give us preferential treatment.

That's your description of a nationalist Scot wink.png

What's a "real Scot" ?

To me a real Scot is a guy that wears a kilt when he gets married, a guy/gal that would not give up their accent for anything, proud people.

Studies have shown the ladies love our accent .....heh heh

That's your description of a nationalist Scot wink.png

What's a "real Scot" ?

To me a real Scot is a guy that wears a kilt when he gets married, a guy/gal that would not give up their accent for anything, proud people.

Studies have shown the ladies love our accent .....heh heh

Shit, I got it wrong then, better chuck the kilt back in the wardrobe then...........laugh.png

Best wishes !

I completely agree with you, and as another Yorkshireman I'm looking forward to thousands of jobs coming to Yorkshire, maybe we Yorkshire folk should act like spoilt children and demand Home rule, then the powers that be can give us preferential treatment.

I will go back early next year - just for a couple of weeks. My parents will arrive here soon as part of their retirement plan- years wasted already IMO. The first few days, as always, will be spent listening to their complaints of how " things have gone down hill " in England. Nevertheless, after a mutual slating, put an England Football Game on TV with the National Anthem Playing and we all seem to turn in to members of The Royal Guard- I would hate anyone to capture that on camera - it's like a light switch.!! I suppose it likens itself to the way that English Folk always seem able to laugh and criticize themselves - but best no one else does it because they are game changing circumstances !!

I remember several occasions where that has been the case- the light switch scenario is only funny in retrospect !

Not as laughable as Whinge over Scotland's paranoia about media bias!

Are you in Scotland or any part of the UK?

Have you, personally, seen or heard any of the BBC's coverage?

Or are you basing your opinion on an anti BBC website?

Up to a couple of days ago he was in the Channel Islands, like any sensible Scotsman anywhere but Scotland, although he could now be in London supporting his favourite Scottish team "Tottenham Hotspur".

Go start your own thread instead of coming on this one and slagging off Scotland. What a nerve.

• Like 1

Up to a couple of days ago he was in the Channel Islands, like any sensible Scotsman anywhere but Scotland, although he could now be in London supporting his favourite Scottish team "Tottenham Hotspur".

Go start your own thread instead of coming on this one and slagging off Scotland. What a nerve.

He appears to be stalking me too....maybe I will have to have a word with the mods?

St Helier is lovely today nontabury......how is the field outside your pad in Issan?

How could you forget Rikki Fulton? Thats a real scot right there.

Anyways, yes campaign intimidation/no campaign institutional bias - pick your poison:

http://new.livestream.com/IndependenceLive/BBCBiasV

Dunno how this one will play out. I think quiet outrage would have been a little more constructive, but it is mind boggling when they pan around to the numbers.

• Like 1

He appears to be stalking me too....maybe I will have to have a word with the mods?

St Helier is lovely today nontabury......how is the field outside your pad in Issan?

Your wrong again, I'm 1000k south of Issan, unlike some I'm not staying in a country I don't like.

Your wrong again, I'm 1000k south of Issan, unlike some I'm not staying in a country I don't like.

I left England a long time ago as well.

Well nontabury....you know I am in Jersey....so where are you?

Oompah oompah land?

Decent city KL....and a fine break in the Cameron Highlands when the weather gets unbearable.

Well I have a friend lives near me who is from Jersey and as he says yes it's in the Channel Islands but still in the UK, and he would't want it any different.

I take it geography was not your strong subject at school. Thailand is a very large country, the gateway to issan,"Korrat" and Malaysia is approx 1000k by air, by car approx 1260 k

Much,much further than the distance from Jersey to the Northumbrian city of Edinburgh.

Well nontabury....you know I am in Jersey....so where are you?

Oompah oompah land?

Decent city KL....and a fine break in the Cameron Highlands when the weather gets unbearable.

Well I have a friend lives near me who is from Jersey and as he says yes it's in the Channel Islands but still in the UK, and he would't want it any different.

I take it geography was not your strong subject at school. Thailand is a very large country, the gateway to issan,"Korrat" and Malaysia is approx 1000k by air, by car approx 1260 k

Much,much further than the distance from Jersey to the Northumbrian city of Edinburgh.

You could just answer the question.....or are you a retired Tory politician?