retirement visa- 1 year old and 90 day reporting

I got a 1 year retirement visa with 800,000baht in the bank nearly one year ago. the 90day reporting is due and do I have to prove money in the bank still, i.e. produce bank books? Also I might be in Korat as opposed to Chiang Mai,, will that be o.k? Thanks for any help.

For renewal of your extension (based on Retirement) you still need to prove that the money (800k) is in the account for 2 (or 3 months) (not 100% sure on the time frame), but you need to apply at the Immigration Office where you reside and not where you currently stay.

For example: You live in Chang Mai but you are now on Holiday in Korat, you still have to apply at Chang Mai Immigration.

The money has to be in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply. You will need a letter from the bank to confirm your balance and your bank book to prove it has been there for 3 months.

You can apply as much as 30 days early.

Unless you change your residence to Korat you will have to apply in Chiang Mai.

I assume that you have a 1 year extension of stay for retirement since there is no "retirement visa".

You don't have to show the money on the 90 day address reports, but you do have to show the money, seasoned for 3 months, on each yearly renewal.

• Like 2