security called for returning broken goods

silomplaya

Around mbk bangkok and bought a radio upon returning home i learned the radio is usefull for one charge only then it broke.

i took it back and the lady who smiled and was so friendly and smiley in the original purchase turned in to a crazy angry lunatic yelling pai loey and called security when i tryed to get a refund or product change.

i felt like getting the next flight outa town.

always avoid the electronic from mom and pops. My Casio watch that was purchased in Vientianne lasted about three hours before the band broke.....she told me that she didn't have to do anything, but would fix it for me because she was so generous. Never had one last less than two years in the US.

OP, with the radio you probably got a guarantee.

What you have to do is to send it back to the manufacturers or the address specified, for them to fix it or replace it for you.

Unfortunately the shops do not accept responsibility for fixing or replacing.

And probably that's what she was trying to tell you and you didn't understand.

Edited by Costas2008

You reminded me about a faulty pair of Adidas i bought at Robinsons back in 2012 and the running battle to get them to exchange them, apparently they claimed that the sports part of that store was not part of Robinsons, anyway first time i showed them the faulty left sneaker...blank stares, recalling ex TGF's words about getting replacements i moved on when the right sneaker went i marched in there and wasnt taking no for an answer.

More blank stares, the reality is Thais are very accepting of most situations and expect you to be the same...demanding they get Adidas on the phone when they wouldnt do anything was told to leave them there and come pack in 1 month.

1 month later guess what? the sneakers were still sitting in a draw under the cash register, eventually after much grand standing and several more weeks they were replaced by Adidas and so surprised were the staff they took a pic of me being handed my new sneaker replacement.

49 posts... there is your answer. Refunds in Thailand, warranty? TIT

Oz

Untrue and a myth.

OP file an online complaint through consumer protection board or if you have someone Thai to speak call them and watch how fast you will be given a replacement or a refund with the biggest smile you ever seen

• Like 1

What you have to do is to send it back to the manufacturers or the address specified, for them to fix it or replace it for you.

By law shops must accept full responsibility .

Many staff and owners try not to, possibly because they do not even know the law.

As I said consumer protection board, one call from them and everything gets done super fast with huge smiles and many "sorry's"

Well a cheap radio in a cheap shop, you get nothing....not even an invoice.

Most markets on Thailand sell inferior products and insist the quality is good and try to sell it at a proce you think you are getting a bargain.

Got a pair of binoculars from Klongtom a while back after doing a demo with a genuine and they switched the pair when i was paying .Took them back and of course the claimed they never sold anything to me .

the lady who smiled and was so friendly and smiley in the original purchase turned in to a crazy angry lunatic.

Ahh, that's our friendly 'Buddhists'. Gotta love em, always true to form. Moral; never buy cheap crap from cheap crap stores/stalls, only buy cheap crap from the big guns, ie Tesco, Big C, where exchanges are, GENERALLY, not a prompem... even clothes.

Moral 2; don't be scared by their bluster after being roasted, give em a good ole 'up yours, khon Lao' ;)

There is a brand of radio/stereo's made in thailand (happy i forgot the brandname, was it AJ?) , it is a very crappy brand but looks good. That brand is sold everywhere but don't buy it, better go for a japanese brand and buy it in a real shop.

I like Panasonic, never had problems with it.

About sportshoes, don't buy them in the sales, they are very old. I also did that and the soles came off after a week or so. It was Adidas and another time New Balance.

I also bought about 8 expensive nonstick pans from Calphalon (from USA). They had 10 years warranty but the nonstick was gone within a year. I brought them back, waited 6 weeks, got the same pans back and they told me to send the pans to USA and pay for shipping myself. So don't buy Calphalon, it is crap.

Then the sales recommended me another calphalon pan, costed like 3000 baht and that should last longer. That pan is not a nonstick one but i didn't see that when i bought it. I can't use it at all so no more Calphalon for me, never.

I also bought a backpack in Supersports Central Chidlom, lifetime warranty. It had a hole in the bottom after 2 weeks because it touched the velcro on my shorts-pockets on the back. I went back, they called the company and told me to take a taxi to go to their headquarter......

Also i bought a shaving machine in Paragon, on battery. At home i tried to use it but it was totally dead. Went back to Paragon department store and wanted a refund. I had to wait 1 hour! then the manager came to see me and i got my refund.

Now i bring stuff from Europe only.