Thailand Elite PE visa, how fast you get it...

OK, great - cheers! One last question, is leaving the country COMPULSORY? Would be great if I could just pop up to Bangkok to get everything sorted.

Yes, the entire process can be done in Bangkok, leaving the country is not necessary. The PE visa and the 1-year stamp will issued in the Chaengwattana immigration.

OK, great - cheers! One last question, is leaving the country COMPULSORY? Would be great if I could just pop up to Bangkok to get everything sorted.

Yes, the entire process can be done in Bangkok, leaving the country is not necessary. The PE visa and the 1-year stamp will issued in the Chaengwattana immigration.

How long does it take from going into the office and leaving? Is it something that is done in a day? Thanks for answering my questions!

Your best option to expedite the Elite Card process if possible would be to go to the office and talk with them but I suspect around 2-3days due to certain checks they have to complete prior to being accepted or declined. Good luck.

I like the convenience factor, but for the average 50 year old farang that qualifies for the Retirement visa extension, I am still doubting the value.

500,000 baht. or 100,000 baht per year.

Forgetting about the airport niceities which may or not be useful depending on if a person travels much, you still have to file the 90 day paperwork. The only travel saving is you don't need to leave the country once a year which you would have to do if on a regular Retirement Visa Extension. So you save 5 visa extension runs, one each year. Do you spend 100,000 on a visa run?

Is this basically correct?

GK

Retirement Visa is definitely the better/ cheaper option for those who are 50 years old. The Elite card is mainly for us who are retired but not yet reached the minimum aged required and don't want any Visa Issues... Personally I do travel in and out alot so it benefits me in that respect also. I'm sure when some easy excess Elite card members reach retirement age they may well switch to the retirement visa whilst some may not.

• Like 1

I like the convenience factor, but for the average 50 year old farang that qualifies for the Retirement visa extension, I am still doubting the value.

Forgetting about the airport niceities which may or not be useful depending on if a person travels much, you still have to file the 90 day paperwork. The only travel saving is you don't need to leave the country once a year which you would have to do if on a regular Retirement Visa Extension. So you save 5 visa extension runs, one each year. Do you spend 100,000 on a visa run?

GK

Any one year extension of stay from immigration can be renewed for infinity without leaving the country. I am on one based upon marriage and have not left the country for almost 7 years.

Only having a OA long stay visa for retirement would require leaving the country to get a new entry after one year. Then after about 2 years they would have to get a new visa or apply for an extension of stay at immigration.

• Like 2

GK

Any one year extension of stay from immigration can be renewed for infinity without leaving the country. I am on one based upon marriage and have not left the country for almost 7 years.

Only having a OA long stay visa for retirement would require leaving the country to get a new entry after one year. Then after about 2 years they would have to get a new visa or apply for an extension of stay at immigration.

OK. So assuming I only have the retirement option, No marriage, business or any other type of Visa, is there any Retirement arrangement that lets me do that one year extension of stay and not have to travel? That would be nice, but I didn't think there was any other way for pure retirement extensions. Thanks

GK

OK. So assuming I only have the retirement option, No marriage, business or any other type of Visa, is there any Retirement arrangement that lets me do that one year extension of stay and not have to travel? That would be nice, but I didn't think there was any other way for pure retirement extensions. Thanks

You should note I wrote any one year extension of stay. That includes extensions based upon retirement. Just go to immigration every year and apply for a new one year extension of stay (it is not a visa).

• Like 1

I qualify for a retirement visa when my 5 year PE visa runs out in 2019 but having to leave the country to apply for it seams like a bind. My intention was to get the 20 year PE visa after this one. All the hassle of leaving and applying does not look good IMHO. The PE visa is so easy if you have the funds.

Quoting "

Yes, the entire process can be done in Bangkok, leaving the country is not necessary. The PE visa and the 1-year stamp will issued in the Chaengwattana immigration"

So the process for the B500K Easy is:

Send application - Wait for approval - tansfer the money - then meet Elite staff at Chaengwattana - then receive the stamp, is that correct ?

Is it necessary then to leave once per year ?

I have read differences on how long the process takes from applying to getting the stamp

Does it matter if you are on visa exempt or tourist visa or whatever ?

Thanks

Quoting "

Yes, the entire process can be done in Bangkok, leaving the country is not necessary. The PE visa and the 1-year stamp will issued in the Chaengwattana immigration"

Send application - Wait for approval - tansfer the money - then meet Elite staff at Chaengwattana - then receive the stamp, is that correct ?

I have read differences on how long the process takes from applying to getting the stamp

Thanks

it took me about 3 weeks for the whole process, it doesnt matter what visa you have.

you dont have to leave the country you can extend for a year at immigration(1900)

rick

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Another account on how you get your Thailand Elite PE visa...

Here is a message I got from a new member (and now friend), who spends most of his time in Phuket.

Here is what he wrote:

"...I am now back in Phuket.

I arrived in Bangkok with Emirates and I was welcomed by a beautiful lady outside the gate.

She took me to immigration where I was given the 5 years visa, then security check and in about 20 minutes from landing I was inside the lounge at domestic terminal.

Fantastic trouble free service, I did not exchange a single word with any official. She did everything and It really works!..."

This person was a bit "annoyed" (to say the least) by the retirement visa procedures in Phuket, and asked me my opinion (which was obviously to go for the TE way). He went for the full membership.

I am quite happy he is now happy :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

I went to get my 5years VISA today at Bangkok Immigration. And boy was it smooth:

- Lady called me about 1h before our appointment to remind me. I was already in Immigration so she said she comes asap

- 30mins later she arrived to Immigration, gave me my "TE welcome package" with TE membership card

- Took my passport to Immigration while I waited outside and 20mins later I had 5 years VISA and 1 year stamp in my passport. Cost 0 THB

So now happy man, and more importantly worry free.

I took my application to TE office on 1st of April, 7th got approval letter, 8th did payment and all was done 10th. My 30d extension stamp expires of 21st so was getting bit worried will it make it time due Songkran. But in the end it was very very fast process.

• Like 2

I went to get my 5years VISA today at Bangkok Immigration. And boy was it smooth:

- Lady called me about 1h before our appointment to remind me. I was already in Immigration so she said she comes asap

- 30mins later she arrived to Immigration, gave me my "TE welcome package" with TE membership card

- Took my passport to Immigration while I waited outside and 20mins later I had 5 years VISA and 1 year stamp in my passport. Cost 0 THB

So now happy man, and more importantly worry free.

I took my application to TE office on 1st of April, 7th got approval letter, 8th did payment and all was done 10th. My 30d extension stamp expires of 21st so was getting bit worried will it make it time due Songkran. But in the end it was very very fast process.

Thank you for sharing.

Great to hear that, for you too, everything went smoothly :)

It still amazes me that, for years, this great program was so heavily critisized on this forum, while it is, since 2003, the most convenient and most enjoyable way to stay in Thailand.

But things have changed and everyone now seem to understand the great benefit of being a Thailand Elite member :)

Enjoy your PE visa :)

• Like 1

I qualify for a retirement visa when my 5 year PE visa runs out in 2019 but having to leave the country to apply for it seams like a bind. My intention was to get the 20 year PE visa after this one. All the hassle of leaving and applying does not look good IMHO. The PE visa is so easy if you have the funds.

Maybe you could go to the immigration office 30 days before your 5-year PE visa expires and apply for an extension of stay based on retirement (1 year)? I don't know if this is possible or not. Of course, you would need to meet all the requirements for the extension of stay based on retirement (monthly income and/or money in a Thai bank). Hopefully, someone will know. If you can do this you would avoid having to leave the country to apply for a non-imm O visa.

Maybe you could go to the immigration office 30 days before your 5-year PE visa expires and apply for an extension of stay based on retirement (1 year)? I don't know if this is possible or not. Of course, you would need to meet all the requirements for the extension of stay based on retirement (monthly income and/or money in a Thai bank). Hopefully, someone will know. If you can do this you would avoid having to leave the country to apply for a non-imm O visa.

You probably can do that, but I think that anyone who once tasted the "TE way" would not want to go back to any other way... even if he reached the retirement age.

What we see now is many people with retirement extensions switching to Thailand Elite. It is by far the most convenient way. But no free, of course.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

how about 90 days reporting ?

All these practical points have already been discussed in previous threads.

Can someone summarize this? Is 90 day reporting still a requirement?

For the 5 year TE visa, to get another year permission to stay, you either

a) do a border run while the visa is still valid, or

B) go to local immigration office and apply for 1 year extension, no additional paperwork required.

It's basically a 5-year "no-doc" or "low-doc" multiple entry visa. Should be able to get up to 6 years out of it if you do a border run or extension request before expiry (border run is probably easier). And extensions are also 'no-doc'. (No additional documentation beyond application /passport photo).

So those who do not have thai family, retired, business, or school have a long-stay visa option. Or if you want a no-doc option and have the extra cash.

I am also lost about the Easy Access card. Is this a separate program? How does it differ from TE program?

B) go to local immigration office and apply for 1 year extension, no additional paperwork required.

It's basically a 5-year "no-doc" or "low-doc" multiple entry visa. Should be able to get up to 6 years out of it if you do a border run or extension request before expiry (border run is probably easier). And extensions are also 'no-doc'. (No additional documentation beyond application /passport photo).

So those who do not have thai family, retired, business, or school have a long-stay visa option. Or if you want a no-doc option and have the extra cash.

I am also lost about the Easy Access card. Is this a separate program? How does it differ from TE program?

Yes everyone does 90 reports. Everytime you leave the country and come back you get stamped in a year. If you dont leave its an extention at immigration with copy of passport and visa and completed TM7 form and 1900 bhts. Very easy to use. No I believe you cant extend it to 6 years. No idea about easy access card sorry. Maybe someone will know. Edited by bim

cool.png go to local immigration office and apply for 1 year extension, no additional paperwork required.

Yes everyone does 90 reports. Everytime you leave the country and come back you get stamped in a year. If you dont leave its an extention at immigration with copy of passport and visa and completed TM7 form and 1900 bhts. Very easy to use. No I believe you cant extend it to 6 years. No idea about easy access card sorry. Maybe someone will know.

This link explains "easy access card."

http://integrity-legal.com/legal-blog/thailand-business/the-thailand-easy-access-card/

Quoting "

Thanks

The process took me 10 days from submittion of application. 3 days later I got emailed an approval letter. Next day I transfered the money to TE via my local bank here in Thailand. I phoned them an hour later and they confirmed reciept of money and made an appointment with them at CW in Bangkok. I was met there and the person from TE took my passport and 15 minutes later returned it with PE visa and a welcome pack. It does not matter what visa you are on now. And no you dont have to leave the country.. A simple extention and 1900 bhts a year. If you live in Bangkok TE will do this for you including your 90 day reports.

cool.png go to local immigration office and apply for 1 year extension, no additional paperwork required.

Yes everyone does 90 reports. Everytime you leave the country and come back you get stamped in a year. If you dont leave its an extention at immigration with copy of passport and visa and completed TM7 form and 1900 bhts. Very easy to use. No I believe you cant extend it to 6 years. No idea about easy access card sorry. Maybe someone will know.

http://integrity-legal.com/legal-blog/thailand-business/the-thailand-easy-access-card/

Looks like TE updated their main pages. They now emphasize the membership part FIRST. Then the 5 year visas (renamed Privilege Entry Visas), airport pickup, etc, are a benefit/privilige of the membership.

So now you have Individual Memership (2mil baht + 20k annual dues; 20 years), Family membership (1mil baht + 10k annual dues; depends on core member validity) , and Thailand Easy Access Membership (500k; 5 years). There was something labeled "Individual Membership for Property Co-Project"; not sure how it differs from the regular Individual membership, but it is (1Mil baht + 20k annual dues; 20 years). The Property Co-Project might be outdated because it is not mentioned in any other pamphlet or website.

http://www.thailandelite.com/glimpse.php

and here is a screenshot:

post-109486-0-37418300-1431051245_thumb.

And the pdf . There are actually several pdfs on the site, but they more or less say the same thing.

The 90 day reports can be done for you by a TE Personal Liason but only at the Chaengwattana (Bangkok) office.

Someone asked about the work permit. That is a separate process, but your TE Liason can help you with that in a 'streamlined' process. So hopefully people will report in the business section how that process works.

downloadable_form_file22.pdf

GK

------------------------------

A retirement extension can be renewed every year for another year as long as you have the financials required.

I've renewed mine for 5 years every year.... didn't have to leave the country..... although I have. Just purchase a re-entry permit and use it to keep your extension alive if you want to keep your extension valid when you leave the country.

I am taking about a normal Non O retirement extension not a TE 5 year visa.

GK

------------------------------

A retirement extension can be renewed every year for another year as long as you have the financials required.

I've renewed mine for 5 years every year.... didn't have to leave the country..... although I have. Just purchase a re-entry permit and use it to keep your extension alive if you want to keep your extension valid when you leave the country.

I am taking about a normal Non O retirement extension not a TE 5 year visa.

Yes but some of us have the funds and are not over 50 and dont qualify which is why the PE / TE is a perfect solution

Can I ask why the Thai consulate in Melbourne has no reference to this option on its web page ? It has refer photo attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1431176210.480109.jpg

Google Thailand Elite and you will find there website. Im not sure why they so dont promote this on every consulate around the world. Maybe they should. Many are happy with this option including myself.

Looks like TE updated their main pages. They now emphasize the membership part FIRST. Then the 5 year visas (renamed Privilege Entry Visas), airport pickup, etc, are a benefit/privilige of the membership.

So now you have Individual Memership (2mil baht + 20k annual dues; 20 years), Family membership (1mil baht + 10k annual dues; depends on core member validity) , and Thailand Easy Access Membership (500k; 5 years). There was something labeled "Individual Membership for Property Co-Project"; not sure how it differs from the regular Individual membership, but it is (1Mil baht + 20k annual dues; 20 years). The Property Co-Project might be outdated because it is not mentioned in any other pamphlet or website.

http://www.thailandelite.com/glimpse.php

and here is a screenshot:

attachicon.gifThailand Elite chart of costs priviliges.jpg

And the pdf . There are actually several pdfs on the site, but they more or less say the same thing.

The 90 day reports can be done for you by a TE Personal Liason but only at the Chaengwattana (Bangkok) office.

Someone asked about the work permit. That is a separate process, but your TE Liason can help you with that in a 'streamlined' process. So hopefully people will report in the business section how that process works.

The "Individual Membership for Property Co-Project" is the membership based on buying a (specific) property, apparently TE have this cooperation with a property developer. The last time I checked (around Jan), there are only two properties (and only in Phuket). If you buy one of these properties, you will be eligible to apply for the Individual Membership for Property Co-Project.

With the TE 5 year visa do you still need to do re stamp on the visa every 2 months or is it valid for one whole year x5 years then you need to re stamp it every year

You get a PE visa that gives a unlimited one year entries for 5 years. If you don't leave the country during a one year stay you can get a one year extension.

If you stay in the country for longer than 90 days you just do 90 day reports.

So if I live in Thailand on a TE and don't leave for a year every 90 days I must do a report ? This report is it done at immigration office? and does it cost money to do this every 90 days? On a TE entry