? Lock Washers CM ?

pgrahmm

I have a project....scoured the country side high and low.......managed to find most of what I need.....

Fitting some LED lights to my Pajero.....had a nice light bar on but the rough roads bacically blew up the mounts after 6 months......decided to go with a different type by same company and after ordering decided to go with 2 sets of light bars on each side and 2 smaller LEDs in the center....going a bar each of the bumper side to balance lighting and appearance......

Have all the lights,switches, etc. and then the search began - this time I'm insulating each bracket with rubber bushings hoping to offset the metal fatigue from the 1st set ..... after searching high and low I found them at the place I send everyone else but didn't think to go myself.....duh.....Dangs.....they are even duplicating/fabricating the o.e. brackets with stronger material.....all good there.....they've come in very handy a time or two.....

Going with 3/8" (not sure metric) bolts and found good quality of everything I need except lock washers....seems no one has a good supply of them.....none at Thaiwatsadu - limited & too small at Homepro - no go at Global....trying the Mom and Pop's I spot but no luck.....

Everything is built basically the same all over the planet - but finding everything needed is a challenge sometimes....how do you bolt to hold something that does not have a torque spec???? How do you put stuff together in a big city like this and expect it to hold?????

I'm double nutting with close clearances for strength and anti-theft but would like the security of lock washers + know where to find them for the next time I need them......

Anybody Know ????? Then maybe I can graduate to a replacement hose for my BBQ/smoker that I brought from the States.....

......I do have lock-tite and used it after the 1st time the lights almost fell off the bumper in Pai.....was lucky to notice it on our way out of town (thanks to an elephant that wouldn't go past the car because the wife put some bananas by the front bumper - some of the native Thai's are really helpful when you least expect it).....only had a pocket knife to work with.....

......Wow - Nana Screws (and the pic on the website too) - that gives a visual but sounds like a good place to look see....thanks...almost sounds like a soapy place.....maybe I should go there solo.....

......Ny-locks .... I thought about it but did not see any while trapesing around.....

....thanks for the feedback so far.....

Edited by pgrahmm

Ive found the original Nana Screw to be the best for nuts and bolts. They have mild steel, cadmium plated and stainless steel of all varieties of nuts and bolts. Lock nuts are also available there.

The original Nana Screw is just around the corner of the moat as you head towards JJ market. Ive also tried the new Nana Screw (Near North gate) and King Kong tools near Chiang Mai gate, they are ok but dont hold as great a selection compared to the old Nana Screw.

The old Nana Screw also has a very huge selection of hand tools and electrical tools. Its like a big man cave...... can spend hours in there!

Gd luck

• Like 1

Ive found the original Nana Screw to be the best for nuts and bolts. They have mild steel, cadmium plated and stainless steel of all varieties of nuts and bolts. Lock nuts are also available there.

The original Nana Screw is just around the corner of the moat as you head towards JJ market. Ive also tried the new Nana Screw (Near North gate) and King Kong tools near Chiang Mai gate, they are ok but dont hold as great a selection compared to the old Nana Screw.

The old Nana Screw also has a very huge selection of hand tools and electrical tools. Its like a big man cave...... can spend hours in there!

Gd luck

Thanks everyone - I should have come here first but sometimes the chase takes on a life of it's own......

I went to Nana Screw inside the moat - didn't have the lock washers - but WOW a store with real tools, jacks, computer spin balancer, supplies, and toys <>but<> once I illustrated what I needed they gave me directions to the other Nana Screw - got the washers (there's a counter guy there who's only duty is nuts, bolts, screws, hooks, etc) +I picked up a couple of tools I'd been searching for...I'd brought a complete set of Craftsman here along with a good array of other tools but there's always a need for more tools....

Pricing seemed OK - there's nothing else around to compare it to......quality seemed above average for what I had seen.....

A great find - my wife enjoyed my excitement even though looking around she couldn't understand why.....(she's been on the hunt with me so by now looking for guy things had lost appeal).......she perked up when we found an out of the way Crocheting/Knitting/Millinery supply - then, my turn = I wasn't too enthused .......

Wanted to report back - often we try and help someone on TV but NEVER know how it turned out......

Edited by pgrahmm