Thai Cabinet audio system: questions that need answers

webfact

I think it is a Farang brand microphones.

I didn't know Farang have to pay bribe to sell their stuff in Thailand.

When rich Farang sells the same to rich Farang, their web site say about 1,700 USD each.

Why rich Farang have to triple the price when sell to poor Thai people.

http://www.matichon.co.th/news_detail.php?newsid=1410170481

What amazes me is they do not seem to realize,the price

of nearly everything,is easily checked on line,so if the list

price of a product is say,10K THB, you buy 50-100 the price

is going to be cheaper,thats business,here the Govt.purchases

stuff and its always more expensive,and not by a few bhat,i

think its because they have no fear of anything really bad

happening to them,like prison.thats why it continues.

regards Worgeordie

Just like yingluck didn't know all the details about the rice scheme, panadda also don't have to know the details of his own project. Panadda is a good guy, hand pick by prayuth himself, and 100% corruption free. The equipment he bought is 145k, which is lower than 199k quoted. Althoght the us price is less than 2k usd, it has not included vat and postage.

This has nothing to do with Yingluck...so don't just pass the buck..

• Like 1

WHERE are all the "RED CORRUPTION" screeches? your silence is deafening...

Not here because this is not related to any "Red Corruption"?

I see people, rightly, demanding explanations and, if irregularities are found, prosecution and punishment of guilty parties. You know, like people who actually care about proper governance beyond shirt colour would do.

Of course, being so obviously partisan as you are that mindset is incomprehensible to you.

Yes I do understand that it should not be about red or yellow, it's about corruption, you missed my point, what I was trying to point out was, and have a little fun at the same time, so many here have sceemed red corruption and portrayed Mark, Suthep and the Dems as Thailand's saviors and corruption killers, well plainly that's not the case is it. ie the yellow link as reported in the OP and the disgusting comments very publicly made by certain doctor on Suthep's protest stage vomiting corrupt reds out and how pure the yellows are, and his wife and the audio gear and the wildly increased market price after questions were asked.

So yes if you don't like my little back at ya comment, I say TO BAD!!! now the shoe is on the other foot and you don't like it when it's your guy's getting caught out and others here slapping you with it... cheesy.gif

So yes if you don't like my little back at ya comment, I say TO BAD!!! now the shoe is on the other foot and you don't like it when it's your guy's getting caught out and others here slapping you with it.

My guy?

I'm sure it all makes sense in your head, buy you are talking nonsense.

• Like 2

WHERE are all the "RED CORRUPTION" screeches? your silence is deafening...

Not here because this is not related to any "Red Corruption"?

I see people, rightly, demanding explanations and, if irregularities are found, prosecution and punishment of guilty parties. You know, like people who actually care about proper governance beyond shirt colour would do.

Of course, being so obviously partisan as you are that mindset is incomprehensible to you.

Yes I do understand that it should not be about red or yellow, it's about corruption, you missed my point, what I was trying to point out was, and have a little fun at the same time, so many here have sceemed red corruption and portrayed Mark, Suthep and the Dems as Thailand's saviors and corruption killers, well plainly that's not the case is it. ie the yellow link as reported in the OP and the disgusting comments very publicly made by certain doctor on Suthep's protest stage vomiting corrupt reds out and how pure the yellows are, and his wife and the audio gear and the wildly increased market price after questions were asked.

So yes if you don't like my little back at ya comment, I say TO BAD!!! now the shoe is on the other foot and you don't like it when it's your guy's getting caught out and others here slapping you with it... cheesy.gif

So yes if you don't like my little back at ya comment, I say TO BAD!!! now the shoe is on the other foot and you don't like it when it's your guy's getting caught out and others here slapping you with it.

My guy?

"I'm sure it all makes sense in your head, buy you are talking nonsense."

AleG, a literary master, it's becoming clearer and clearer just who's making sense.

having trouble spelling? OR JUST fat fingers? have a nice day.

I think it is a Farang brand microphones.

I didn't know Farang have to pay bribe to sell their stuff in Thailand.

When rich Farang sells the same to rich Farang, their web site say about 1,700 USD each.

Why rich Farang have to triple the price when sell to poor Thai people.

http://www.matichon.co.th/news_detail.php?newsid=1410170481

You never heard of double pricing? We´ve learned from the best biggrin.png

But Thai people very samart, why no develop own product? Then can sell own crap to Government for double price cheesy.gif

Edited by I knew this would happen

My guy?

AleG, a literary master, it's becoming clearer and clearer just who's making sense.

Utterly pathetic, not only the cowardly retreat, but using a simple typo (T being next to Y) as an excuse when your own previous post is rife with them, "sceemed"? "TO BAD"? "your guy's"?, now that takes effort to get wrong.

English is not my first language yet I write better than you, so you may try to stick to actually defending your arguments based on something resembling logic, facts and/or reasoning, instead of trying to play grammar police.

• Like 1

No Shin no corruption! was the slogan not long ago cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Nothing has changed, just the hands in the cookie jar (and the tanks that now guard the cookies)

There was no corruption. Panadda, like Prayuth, he is good guys and will never cheat. He is the one stopping corruption. Panadda is the one that alerted the authority (Prayuth & NCPO) that some corrupted people may be trying to steal from poor Thai taxpayers (including farmers).

There could be a pricing typo error on the Farang sales web site.

No way the hi-tech mic can be so cheap (1.7K USD), maybe after investigation, the Farang website might change the price to 7.1K USD.

Please note that the Thai web site have change the price from 99,000 Baht to 199,000 Baht already (yesterday) due to typo error in their web pricing. The market price is 199,000 Baht. Panadda got a discount and bought it from 145,000 Baht, a HUGE discount of 37.24%. This is a HUGE favour for Thailand.

All of us "farang" know only too well about foreign import tax.. try bringing your car here ! On the Bosch price list page the goods are listed without tax... add on the import tax and the prices are bang on the head right.. However , remember the Thai tax man takes that money which will then be returned to the department which paid it out on their tax reclaim form. Why are there so many detractors and glass half-empty posters on here. And why not install the most up to date audio system.. no-one will know how to use it anyway.. w00t.gif

Was it a typo? You know this for sure? it's a possibility, but so's the corruption too, and I'm sure that the suppliers will be investigated and be able to produce invoices to other clients with the ame typo eh?

If it was indeed a typo, I'm sure they wouldn't mind releasing a statement to say everything was above board and it was an error on their part too?

Was it a typo? You know this for sure? it's a possibility, but so's the corruption too, and I'm sure that the suppliers will be investigated and be able to produce invoices to other clients with the ame typo eh?

If it was indeed a typo, I'm sure they wouldn't mind releasing a statement to say everything was above board and it was an error on their part too?

I don't know if you are playing along, but Chotee is TV news forum resident troll and his shtick is to pass for the stereotype of a Yellow Shirt.

"Most people would recognise a legitimate need for microphones during Cabinet meetings. The spacious meeting room accommodates 34-35 persons and communicating without the aid of amplification might be difficult. Perhaps Prime Minister Prayuth speaks loud enough to be heard, but others among his ministerial staff might have problems."

If 34-35 supposedly responsible and well behaved adults need such a sophisticated and expensive system to be able to communicate between themselves and the PM perhaps they should urgently seek advice on how to achieve the same result for free from some of the teachers amongst us who have to make themselves heard and understood on a daily basis in school in front of classrooms full of the same number or more noisy, inattentive and often disruptive students!!

• Like 1

My guy?

Utterly pathetic, not only the cowardly retreat, but using a simple typo (T being next to Y) as an excuse when your own previous post is rife with them, "sceemed"? "TO BAD"? "your guy's"?, now that takes effort to get wrong.

English is not my first language yet I write better than you, so you may try to stick to actually defending your arguments based on something resembling logic, facts and/or reasoning, instead of trying to play grammar police.

Utterly pathetic, There was no "cowardly retreat," I don't care who is corrupt as long as they are getting caught, be they red yellow pink purple or what ever,

It's just that when it's a member of the yellow side getting caught I'm happy to slap the Dem lovers as so many claimed just how good they are and corruption is far far less than those of the red's well, they are wrong... check your history. and as for the typo, I was just messing with ya.

And yu'p your right my spelling is not to flash, but I don't care that much, again, have a nice day.

Just like yingluck didn't know all the details about the rice scheme, panadda also don't have to know the details of his own project. Panadda is a good guy, hand pick by prayuth himself, and 100% corruption free. The equipment he bought is 145k, which is lower than 199k quoted. Althoght the us price is less than 2k usd, it has not included vat and postage.

The USD is approximately 30 baht...making 199KBaht approximately US$6000 and 145KBaht close to $5000.....you claim that 145K baht is less than 2K usd, and that VAT and postage must make up the rest (maybe $3000...yes postage has gone up). I don't know what school you went to but if I were you I would complain to them and get your money back.

In answer to you, no amount of apologist nonsense will make this right....paying $5000 for a single microphone reeks of corruption or incompetence.