Why do Western men marry Thai girls of ill-repute?

Some western men just do not like challenges, and do not want to worry about image. For that kind....Thailand is the ultimate destination. Sure...there are some exceptions just by chance.....Real love can be found in any situation..even in a bordel.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One or more of the following reasons:

1. Low self-esteem, same as the prostitutes

2. Too old to find someone in their own countries

3. Too fat to find someone in their own countries

4. Not enough money to find someone in their own countries

5. Too unsightly to find someone in their own countries

6. Perversion - Huge age gap

Anyone have more?

Dude, you sound so ignorant. How many visas do you have in your passport? Do you even have a passport at all? If we were to judge each other strictly by economic and social status alone, I probably wouldn't have a problem looking down on you just as you seem to look down on a lot of Western expats who happen to be living here in Thailand. Seriously, what's your problem? I'm married to a Thai woman (ethnic Chinese) who comes from a good, wealthy family and someone like you wouldn't even get a chance to date or marry a woman like her- they simply wouldn't give you the time of day. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but before you judge others you need to look at YOUR financial and social status and realize that there are people at this forum and elsewhere who can look down on you just as easily as you can look down on someone. Grow the hell up and stop being a jackass.

Anyone have more?

Dude, you sound so ignorant. How many visas do you have in your passport? Do you even have a passport at all? If we were to judge each other strictly by economic and social status alone, I probably wouldn't have a problem looking down on you just as you seem to look down on a lot of Western expats who happen to be living here in Thailand. Seriously, what's your problem? I'm married to a Thai woman (ethnic Chinese) who comes from a good, wealthy family and someone like you wouldn't even get a chance to date or marry a woman like her- they simply wouldn't give you the time of day. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but before you judge others you need to look at YOUR financial and social status and realize that there are people at this forum and elsewhere who can look down on you just as easily as you can look down on someone. Grow the hell up and stop being a jackass.

Dude, before dragging your rich, hi-so "ethnic Chinese" wife through this discussion, read the topic title: " Why do Western men marry Thai girls of ill-repute?" And by effectively juxtaposing her against "other" Thai women you are actually looking down on poor, non ethnic-Chinese Thai women. ("If we were to judge each other strictly by economic and social status alone, ...")

So yes, I reiterate all of my points above. Can anyone add?

• Like 2

Anyone have more?

=#000000]D[/size][/color]ude, before dragging your rich, hi-so "ethnic Chinese" wife through this discussion, read the topic title:[/size] [/size]"[/size] [/size]Why do Western men marry Thai girls of ill-repute?"[/size] [/size]And by effectively juxtaposing her[/size] against "other" Thai women you are actually looking down on poor, non [/size]ethnic-[/size]Chinese[/size] Thai women.[/size] ("[/size]If we were to judge each other strictly by economic and social status alone, ...")

[/size]

So yes, I reit[/size]erate[/size] all of my points above. Can anyone add?[/size] [/size]

Stop trying to be a smart guy and weasel your way out of this one. You and your outdated 1980s-style bonehead view that all Westerners who associate with women of "ill repute" must be "losers" is ridiculous and indicative of a Thai person with little education. I bet you're one of those people who also think that "good" Thai girls never date or marry Western guys, huh? Like I said, you sound exactly like a low-class Thai with little education who has probably never even been abroad with those ridiculous stereotypes of yours and you need to get with the times. And as for me, I don't look down on anyone, but if push comes to shove I will call out idiocy when I see it. You need to grow up.

So many posters have harped on about the women selling themselves and about prostitutes having no self respect. Well here is a wake up call. We are all prostitutes.

We all sell parts of our body. The building labourer sells his hands, his back and his strength. The watchmaker sells his hands and his skill. If you have ever worked for a living you have prostituted yourself for money. The difference is the part of your body you sell and how it is used. To our prudish western sensibilities selling the use of your vagina is morally corrupt, but is it really? The reality is that it is just a commodity and if the seller can seperate that then she is no different to any other worker.

Life is a series of sales, purchases and negotiations. And, ultimately, your life partner, whatever background she comes from, will have been part of that series. The next twenty years are a lot more important than the last so look forward not back.

Nonsense. Prostitution is 'The practice or occupation of engaging in sexual activity with someone for payment'. Building labourers or watchmakers are not prostitutes.

You have only noted one definition of prostitution.post-212305-0-55095500-1410491091_thumb.

So many posters have harped on about the women selling themselves and about prostitutes having no self respect. Well here is a wake up call. We are all prostitutes.

We all sell parts of our body. The building labourer sells his hands, his back and his strength. The watchmaker sells his hands and his skill. If you have ever worked for a living you have prostituted yourself for money. The difference is the part of your body you sell and how it is used. To our prudish western sensibilities selling the use of your vagina is morally corrupt, but is it really? The reality is that it is just a commodity and if the seller can seperate that then she is no different to any other worker.

Life is a series of sales, purchases and negotiations. And, ultimately, your life partner, whatever background she comes from, will have been part of that series. The next twenty years are a lot more important than the last so look forward not back.

Nonsense. Prostitution is 'The practice or occupation of engaging in sexual activity with someone for payment'. Building labourers or watchmakers are not prostitutes.

You have only noted one definition of prostitution.attachicon.gifprostitution definition.png

So what is inappropriate or disrespectful about building labourers or watchmakers?

Can anyone give me some advice as to where I can find a decent website that is basically for Westerners only? It would be nice to get information without having to deal with and be hassled by Thais who have very little understanding of the Western way of thinking.

Can anyone give me some advice as to where I can find a decent website that is basically for Westerners only? It would be nice to get information without having to deal with and be hassled by Thais who have very little understanding of the Western way of thinking.

There are Thai people here?

Anyone have more?

for some - though common in many countries, easier to get away with here and a submissive 'childwife'

7.Domestic violence - can get away with it in its variations, 'control/power' whether verbal, psychological or physical assault. Seems to satisfy a need in many an older expat; failed at everything else, at last something he can 'win', and boast about 'giving her a tune-up' with his like-minded mates

Edited by gomangosteen

TV is basically like that already....although it's filled with farangs who have very little understanding of the Thai way of thinking.

7.Domestic violence - can get away with it in its variations, 'control/power' whether verbal, psychological or physical assault. Seems to satisfy a need in many an older expat; failed at everything else, at last something he can 'win', and boast about 'giving her a tune-up' with his like-minded mates

Violence in Thai/west relationships is usually the Thai lady beating the Western man.

Elderly western gentlemen are far weaker and more gentle than rural farm girls who previously worked as prostitutes.

That's what I've seen anyway!

PS

Thai Tv Channel 7 News this morning, Thai woman beating and kicking her Thai husband, with video.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Anyone have more?

=#000000]D[/size][/color]ude, before dragging your rich, hi-so "ethnic Chinese" wife through this discussion, read the topic title:[/size] [/size]"[/size] [/size]Why do Western men marry Thai girls of ill-repute?"[/size] [/size]And by effectively juxtaposing her[/size] against "other" Thai women you are actually looking down on poor, non [/size]ethnic-[/size]Chinese[/size] Thai women.[/size] ("[/size]If we were to judge each other strictly by economic and social status alone, ...")

[/size]

So yes, I reit[/size]erate[/size] all of my points above. Can anyone add?[/size] [/size]

Stop trying to be a smart guy and weasel your way out of this one. You and your outdated 1980s-style bonehead view that all Westerners who associate with women of "ill repute" must be "losers" is ridiculous and indicative of a Thai person with little education. I bet you're one of those people who also think that "good" Thai girls never date or marry Western guys, huh? Like I said, you sound exactly like a low-class Thai with little education who has probably never even been abroad with those ridiculous stereotypes of yours and you need to get with the times. And as for me, I don't look down on anyone, but if push comes to shove I will call out idiocy when I see it. You need to grow up.

If the shoe fits, wear it...

There are all these people out there saying you should marry a lady your same age. What 65 year old guy is going to meet a Thai lady who is 65 and fall in love.... I guess it can happen but I don't think so... 25 falling in love with 25 year old ok but 50 on up I don't think so....

Why wouldn't you fall in love with someone your own age?

How old is you Thai wife or girlfriend ?

I don't have a Thai wife or girlfriend.

Not everyone came here for the women. Amazes me how many here find that hard to grasp.

I think not many find it hard to believe. I came for my work 20 years ago and stayed. Many professional people here also have farang wives...

It's the guys here who are 50 + selecting a gf who is the same age is what amazes me... But I don't know any who did. Most of my friends who have a Thai wife are 25 years or older than their wives. Just the way it is in my circle.

Maybe it is only the young jealous guy who are saying that and not the older guys with Thai wives.

Now if I guy who was 25 and met a Thai 25 and married then 25 years later I would understand them being together. As they were young when they met.

Just saying :)

• Like 1

Then why ask me about my Thai partner as if it was a given that I would have one?

If you had one (thai wife) you would understand where I was coming from. I just think it is unlikely that an older farang man 50+ meets and marries a Thai lady that is the same age. The way you were posting appeared as you did ....

Which of my posts lead you to think that?

Why are you participating in a thread like this, when you claim no interest (or knowledge) in/of Thai women?

Just trolling again Eh!

Is this forum just for the use of those with Thai partners?

No wonder so many expats see this place as a laughing stock.